Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Never loose 2lbs a week!!

Everybody keep saying that! But I lose 3-4lbs after my fill is done and then don't lose anthing til my next fill. I get so mad at myself, I try to eat the right foods but once a month I might eat icecream (small portion)or something else I know I'm not suppose to have,but still can't lose much.I am 185 and was 223. September 5 is my banded date. I am truly a "slow loser." Oh, I don't excersie but I don't over eat.;)

Everybody keep saying that! But I lose 3-4lbs after my fill is done and then don't lose anthing til my next fill. I get so mad at myself, I try to eat the right foods but once a month I might eat icecream (small portion)or something else I know I'm not suppose to have,but still can't lose much.I am 185 and was 223. September 5 is my banded date. I am truly a "slow loser." Oh, I don't excersie but I don't over eat.:redface:

You gotta exercise - that's how are bodies were made - to exercise - you wanta lose weight faster try it - you might like it - and this is coming from a total slug bug - who now exercises 4-5 days a week..

I agree everyone needs to ecercis. But I feel like i am in the same boat. Except the last fill I got was last week and I've lost a half a pound. I have been working out with a trainer 2 days a week and the other days I work out on my own. I do. .do cardios each of those days for about 40 minutes per day. I guess i have lost some inches. . .but I still feel like I look like a fat cow. .even after I have lost 40 lbs. My weight now is 170. I can't seem to get below and if I do it will only go down to 168.

My friends say I definately look better than last year. . .but how come last years shorts still fit me the same???? Hmmmmm????

I don't think the band helps me lose weight faster - I have always lost slowly. A big reason I got the band is so I wouldn't gain it back after I lost it, which I have done several times before. It is so great to look at a plate of food that in the past I could have eaten easily (plus more), and know I just can't hold it! :redface:

Redgirl, I can understand your pain. I was banded in June and my weightloss is slow but I guess that's the bright side that I did lose some weight and haven't gained it back. I just started working out last week and I have not missed a day any this week and amazingly I feel good, the scale actually moved. That has been enough to motivate me. My job is offering to reimburse us for 1/2 of the price of weight watchers at work and so starting next week I will be doing the program on line its just to have access to the weight management tracking system but I'm geared up to do it.

I have to agree with IndioGirl and kiresk that exercise is the key. I need daily motivation to help me get through my workout. I don't get that from the people around me daily they all look to me to motivate them so I have to come to the forums to get my motivation. I wish I had people around that want the same thing I want. I have so many family members that are overweight and call them selves dieting yet they are not motivated.

Keep in mind that the "per week" guideline is a long-term average, not a week-by-week expectation. I went 6 months last year losing about 3 lbs the entire time, and very very rarely do I see a week-by-week change on the scale, but my long term weightloss average is still about 7lbs/wk.

Kiresk --

How do you know last year's shorts still look/fit the same? Do you have any pictures of you from last year that you could compare to this year?

I ask because, like you, I am my own worst critic. If anyone treated me as bad as I treat myself, it could probably be called abuse! Give yourself a break and congratulate yourself on the hard work you've already done! :sad_smile:

I agree everyone needs to ecercis. But I feel like i am in the same boat. Except the last fill I got was last week and I've lost a half a pound. I have been working out with a trainer 2 days a week and the other days I work out on my own. I do. .do cardios each of those days for about 40 minutes per day. I guess i have lost some inches. . .but I still feel like I look like a fat cow. .even after I have lost 40 lbs. My weight now is 170. I can't seem to get below and if I do it will only go down to 168.

My friends say I definately look better than last year. . .but how come last years shorts still fit me the same???? Hmmmmm????

I'm a slow loser too... I never lose 2-3 pounds a week, but I HAVE lost over 40 pounds. FOURTY POUNDS PEOPLE!!!!! That I have NOT gained back.... This to me is awsome... I was a size 20/22 now I'm a 14. I would love to have lost more, but that is just not how my body is working. I accept that and embrace the fact that I am STILL losing. Don't put yourself down because you're not losing lots of weight quickly. Listen to your body, treat it right, and the weight will come off, even if it's slow!!!! Love yourselves ladies.... This was a MAJOR decision and lifestyle change that we didn't make lightly... Love to all.....

hey R, we've chatted before and I totally know how you feel. I was banded on July 16th 2007 and have lost a very unsatisfactory 23 lbs. I do have a lower BMI - now I weigh around 195, but I have always exercised and am in really good shape. I'm the fittest fat person I know. I've been up and down with the fills because nothing was happening with actual weight loss. Recently my doc had me do an xray to see how the food was passing through my band, and it wasn't really. So now he took some out and I have no restriction but he admitted that it looked like there wasn't a pouch at all, that my band may be too high. Now I have to do a scope and we'll decide from there. I have never felt "full" like others describe. I'm either uncomfortable, because the food is in my esophogus, or waiting for it to go down because I'm still hungry. I thought I'd be a whole new me at this stage of the game. It is hard to see this working for others but not you. Seems like you have lost a little more since the last time we talked though. I would try a little exercise, even if its just for the distraction, have you ever tried group classes? I like the atmosphere because it makes me do things I wouldn't do on my own. As a beginner you can just modify. Even though I still consider myself fat I love going, at least no one can say I'm not doing anything about it! And a lot of larger size women forget how strong we have to be to carry our own weight around. Be strong!

hi everyone.

I am another slow loser. But I am also one that hasn't gained it back yet. I have had 4 fills and just now starting to lose more than a mere 2 pound in 6 weeks.

I am just now starting to fill the restriction, but I have a question,

I can eat and it feels like the top stomach is full but half an hour later it feels like the bottom stomach is empty.

I dont understand how this thing work. I am sure my band is tight now!! I can bearly eat anything but yogurt in the morning. For the past month here is what I have been doing,

Breakfast - Light and Fit Yogurt - 60 calories, a string of cheese -- and I am full, too full!

lunch - a Kashi meal - 300 cals - bearly finishing it

dinner - broiled Protein - fish/chicken -

Fluids - 60 oz of Water or crystal lite

Average total cal intake a day 1100 cals.

Exercise - I walk 4 miles one day, Curves, four times a week, a bootcamp class three times a week ---- which I think is far much more that most folks are doing!!!

Results of all this --- in the month of May I lost a total of FOUR pounds.... and three inches.. Thats it!! All that WORK yielded me that!! I am like WOW! so what do the people that loose 2 pounds a week do--- let alone those that loose 3 pounds a week!

I really want to see what they do!!! Because I am puzzled! I am enjoying the workouts though!

I dont understand how this thing work. I am sure my band is tight now!! I can bearly eat anything but yogurt in the morning. For the past month here is what I have been doing,

Breakfast - Light and Fit Yogurt - 60 calories, a string of cheese -- and I am full, too full!

Exercise - I walk 4 miles one day, Curves, four times a week, a bootcamp class three times a week ---- which I think is far much more that most folks are doing!!!

Results of all this --- in the month of May I lost a total of FOUR pounds.... and three inches.. Thats it!! All that WORK yielded me that!! I am like WOW! so what do the people that loose 2 pounds a week do--- let alone those that loose 3 pounds a week!

I really want to see what they do!!! Because I am puzzled! I am enjoying the workouts though!

You sound like you're doing great! Four pounds in one month is great! They say to expect 1-3 pounds and my doctor says 1 pound per week is the most probable.

And you lost three inches - wahooo! Congratulations!

My mom breaks down the pounds this way - you don't think one pound is a lot? Go grab a pound of butter and hold that up to your: face, arm, stomach, butt, thigh - that's a lot of weight!!

Also, do you have a low BMI? Are you at a lower weight? Heavier people lose weight faster (at first). I think taking it off slowly is the best way - that way it stays off!

Also, you're exercising a lot so you're building muscle and muscle is heavier than fat. You're doing great!

You are doing good 4 lbs - that's 1 lbs a week - 3 inches good

You may try to vary your calories some - I will eat like 900 one day and 1100 the next - so on so forth.. You may need to increase your calories some too for all the exercise - I don't see any veggies or any carbs (healthy) - you do need these things in your diet too

We all lose weight diff - some weeks I will lose .5 then next week 2.5 etc

I know pple who won't lose for a week or 2 then drop 5 lbs.

They say that banders should expect to lose 1 to 2 lbs a week - so you are on track with the 1 lbs a week - it didn't get there over night it's not going away over night - patiences :confused:

I am there with you so do not feel bad. I am at 4 months and have only lost 35lbs. I want to loose more, and faster too:) Like the one lady said patience. I know it is so, so hard! I go in for my 4th fill in 1 week.

Thanks for the support.... Its not that am impatient, its just that I am wondering what people with 2LB weight lost a week do! I have seen those TV shows and people loose 10LBS a week! how does one do that!!!!

I am just taken aback that all the work that I am doing - it yields me 1LB a week which is alot considering where I am coming from.. but for those that loose 2LBS what do they do?

I have a high BMI of 42 and over a 100 pounds to loose so I guess i can go faster. But dont know how.