Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a complaint!

I love R&R. It's nice to have a place where we can say what's on our

minds.

I live in an area where there are so many people who have no clue

what proper grammar is. It was difficult when my children were

small for me to make sure they didn't pick up the "Want to know

what I seen yesterday?" type grammar errors. My mother in law

is one of the worse. She says "when we was at the store yesterday,

we seen one of our neighbors" It's very difficult for me to bite my tongue.

Denise...

My Mil is the same... She lived with us for a while and my girls picked up some bad grammatical habits. I have since retrained them!

ex.. Put them bottles in the fridgerator.

We stood (instead of stayed) at the party for 2 hours.

You don't got no candy?

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Rain

Ok, we'll submit your application for the GPF, Grammar Police Force. It consists mostly of people whose aspirations included being english teachers , but didn't ever make it. My DW is the head of the group. :biggrin:

gk

She can be President of the Board, I just want to be a Board member. :tongue:

I think this is a dangerous post. Surely this will upset someone enough that they will be too afraid to post with their questions. Some people (for whatever reasons) have bad grammar. Pass on a post if it bothers you that much.

I'm semi-new to LBT but not new to forums in general.

What is really irritating is trying to read through one long run-on sentence, poor capitalization, poor spelling, and no paragraphs! :biggrin:

The no paragraphs are the worst as they are difficult to read.

We have spell check, use it for goodness sake.

Punctuation is good.

I've come across quite a few posts that are long with poor spelling, punctuation and no paragraphs. They've been very hard to read. I hope I'm not alone in my thinking here. I'd just like to know when a thought ends and another one begins!

Thank you for letting me rant, I'm done now.

I don't like people typing like they are texting. It's not THAT many more letters to say your instead of u and you're instead of ur.

Also, I also don't like it when people whine about people whining about poor communication skills. :biggrin:

We're all going to make mistakes -- misspell an occasional word, leave out a word, type it's instead of its -- but some people clearly make NO effort. You don't have to be a master writer to hit the return key once in a while. Even if you don't do it in the "right" place, if you put in a return every couple of sentences, it will make your post 100% easier to understand. The same with capitalizing words like I and the first word in a sentence.

Posting a message on a public board should be about communication, not about verbal regurgitation, and if you can't type something that people can understand without major effort, you need to improve your communication skills.

I think this is a dangerous post. Surely this will upset someone enough that they will be too afraid to post with their questions. Some people (for whatever reasons) have bad grammar. Pass on a post if it bothers you that much.

Katgirl

This is the Rant & Rave section - there are alot (yes I know it's suppose to be a lot :smile2: but I am lazy) post on this thread that are going to hurt people's feeling. That's why it's called Rants thread - and if you can't take the heat then you gotta stay out of the kitchen..

I am one person they are complaining about my spelling can be very bad - put the fact is I know that my vocalublary is bigger than my spelling ablitiies - and I really don't give a poop it anyone likes it or not... If my periods - dashes etc annoy people so what..

IMHO i think there are bigger issues than spelling and grammar in this world and if someone wants to complain about some of us who aren't the best at it - so be it... Who cares... It's not going to stop me from posting ....

Grammar just happens to be a big pet peeve of mine and has been all of my life.

There was another thread that got started awhile back on this topic, and it ended up being closed because people started getting nasty.

They even ended up with a poll going on about the rules and whether or not R & R should have special rules.

I don't have any answers, and I would hope it wouldn't stop someone from posting. My biggest pet peeve on this board isn't grammar though. It's that people make their posts hard to read. They may have something valuable to say, but nobody will read it if they make it hard to read.

Lighten up. Not all of us are professional typists.I just recently bought a computer and at 42 this is the first typing I have ever done.Please be patient with us beginners.

Gees, guys. LOL I didn't realize it was necessary to take things so personal in the R&R section. This thread is hilarious...every time it comes up!

Honestly, seeing threads like this, it seems quite clear to me that it's kind of like a suggestion - if you want better/more responses, how about you try typing a thought clearly? As for me, I have ADD big time and it takes the most extreme amount of concentration I can muster to try and follow a massive 1,000 word paragraph with no punctuation. If I have to re-read more than once, I leave the thread. I don't think I'm alone, there. :smile2: I have a hard enough time concentrating long enough on posts that are considerate of other people trying to read them. I'm sure as hell not going to put forth extra effort to wade through your post if you can't take the extra effort to try punctuation and NEW paragraphs every once in awhile.

Absolutely, somebody is entitled to leave the thread if they don't like it. Just know that if your thread sucks, that is exactly what'll happen.

BTW - YAY, GLITTER! LMAO I wish I could pass out little bags of glitter so we could all be so F'in glittery.

Gees, guys. LOL I didn't realize it was necessary to take things so personal in the R&R section. This thread is hilarious...every time it comes up!

Honestly, seeing threads like this, it seems quite clear to me that it's kind of like a suggestion - if you want better/more responses, how about you try typing a thought clearly? As for me, I have ADD big time and it takes the most extreme amount of concentration I can muster to try and follow a massive 1,000 word paragraph with no punctuation. If I have to re-read more than once, I leave the thread. I don't think I'm alone, there. :wink2: I have a hard enough time concentrating long enough on posts that are considerate of other people trying to read them. I'm sure as hell not going to put forth extra effort to wade through your post if you can't take the extra effort to try punctuation and NEW paragraphs every once in awhile.

Absolutely, somebody is entitled to leave the thread if they don't like it. Just know that if your thread sucks, that is exactly what'll happen.

BTW - YAY, GLITTER! LMAO I wish I could pass out little bags of glitter so we could all be so F'in glittery.

so nice ... it had to be said twice! :tongue:

i wanna be f'in glittery!!!

glitteryourwayc2814d2duh6.gif

:smile2:

I hope anything I said would not stop anyone posting especially you Janet (Indiogirl). I really like your posts. You are so kind and sensible.

There was a email going around at one time with a paragraph which had letters missed from words and incorrect grammar and spelling. It was to show that writing could be understood despite spelling mistakes and missed letters.

We all have our likes and dislikes, how boring if we all liked the same