Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pvsa anyone?

Hey Lisa and Renee!

I am just around the corner in Westhampton!! I was banded in January by Dr. Haag.

Send me a message. Would love to meet!!

Kris

Hey Lisa and Renee!

I am just around the corner in Westhampton!! I was banded in January by Dr. Haag.

Send me a message. Would love to meet!!

Kris

Hey Kris!

So sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. It has been so crazy here at my job; so much work to do!

My surgery date is 10/16/09!!! I'm excited and scared. I know I am doing the right thing though.

I would love to get together at some point. Possibly a week or two after surgery or we could carpool to the next support meeting?

Thanks for replying. I wish you the best of luck also.

Maybe we all can add each other as "friends" here so we can keep in touch? :thumbup:

Renee

Good Luck with your surgery Renee!!!!

Good Luck with your surgery Renee!!!!

Thank you soooo much Jenny!

I am so scared!

Truth is... I just had a bad cold last week and I'm still sniffling and coughing but VERY little. I informed them the pre-op evaluator of this and she asked me if it was resolved. I said "yes". Should I have said "no"? I am no longer "sick", just coughing a little in the AM and PM because I still have a little bit of phlegm left and my nose is stuffy but only in the AM and PM and not much comes out of it.

I'm wondering... should I let them know? I'm afraid they'll tell me I can't have the surgery! But then again, am I in danger?

I thought I would wait at least until next Tuesday to see where I'm at then.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Renee

Edited by Wisteria75

Hey Renee!

Just wondering if you had the surgery and how it went. Let us know if we can help. I remember that it was great to have this forum to come to with all my questions.

Hope you are doing well!

Hey Renee!

Just wondering if you had the surgery and how it went. Let us know if we can help. I remember that it was great to have this forum to come to with all my questions.

Hope you are doing well!

Hey Kris,

Thanks for thinking of me.

Surgery was Friday, October 16. All went well. Just adjusting to the post-op diet, exercise and pain management, etc. I go back to work tomorrow. I was getting cabin fever! But I know I needed the rest to heal.

Thankfully I have this forum and a few personal friends who have gone through this journey so it's great to talk. So very helpful.

One thing I do have to say is my dislike for Baystate! I thought they'd be great, but I find I like Cooley Dickinson way better. It's more personalized there. Baystate of course is a bigger hospital which is why you have to "bunk" with other people, but if it were at Cooley Dickinson, they like, roll out the red carpet for you. *sigh* I got poked with the IV line 4 times before they got it right! The drugs weren't all that great, and way too many people to keep track off. That's my rant. It's over and done with.

I hope you are doing well also. Thanks for the well wishes.

Renee

Hi Renee...happy to hear you are done...l had no problem with Bay State..l thought they were great...l do HATE the ER at Bay State though....Hoping that all is well and things are healing good for you...stay in touch....

Lisa

Hey Kris,

Thanks for thinking of me.

Surgery was Friday, October 16. All went well. Just adjusting to the post-op diet, exercise and pain management, etc. I go back to work tomorrow. I was getting cabin fever! But I know I needed the rest to heal.

Thankfully I have this forum and a few personal friends who have gone through this journey so it's great to talk. So very helpful.

One thing I do have to say is my dislike for Baystate! I thought they'd be great, but I find I like Cooley Dickinson way better. It's more personalized there. Baystate of course is a bigger hospital which is why you have to "bunk" with other people, but if it were at Cooley Dickinson, they like, roll out the red carpet for you. *sigh* I got poked with the IV line 4 times before they got it right! The drugs weren't all that great, and way too many people to keep track off. That's my rant. It's over and done with.

I hope you are doing well also. Thanks for the well wishes.

Renee

Im so glad your surgery went well Renee!!!!

I too had a horrific time with baystate! They were awful to me!!! They first could not get an IV in me , it took the head anestegiologist( spelling?) to get it , so I awoke with both hands and arms completely black and blue. If that wasn't enough, I had a roomate who cried the whole time and vomited every 10 seconds, she was an elderly woman who broke her hip. I could not be mad at the woman, but none the less it was interesting. I then had a CNA who figured I would be okay to get out of the bed myself to use the bathroom, I could barely move for a week, let alone right after surgery. I'm glad I had no complications but it definitely changed my perspective on baystate.

Please keep us updated on your progress.:Yawn:

Hi Renee...happy to hear you are done...l had no problem with Bay State..l thought they were great...l do HATE the ER at Bay State though....Hoping that all is well and things are healing good for you...stay in touch....

Lisa

Hey Lisa, thanks! I've never had to go to the ER at Bay State but at Cooley Dickinson which isn't so bad. Things are moving along; had my first fill today - 3cc's. We'll see. I'd still like to get together since we live so close! :)

Im so glad your surgery went well Renee!!!!

I too had a horrific time with baystate! They were awful to me!!! They first could not get an IV in me , it took the head anestegiologist( spelling?) to get it , so I awoke with both hands and arms completely black and blue. If that wasn't enough, I had a roomate who cried the whole time and vomited every 10 seconds, she was an elderly woman who broke her hip. I could not be mad at the woman, but none the less it was interesting. I then had a CNA who figured I would be okay to get out of the bed myself to use the bathroom, I could barely move for a week, let alone right after surgery. I'm glad I had no complications but it definitely changed my perspective on baystate.

Please keep us updated on your progress.:)

Hey Jenny, OMG sounds like what happened to me with the IV and the black and blue arms. I have to say my roomie was quite pleasant. She had two knee replacements, God Bless her. She was quite talkative though while I was nodding off; I felt so bad, but I still had the morphine in me. :lol:

I'm so sorry to hear of your experience at Baystate. Sounds horrible. Well just think; hopefully we don't have to go through it again! :D

I am healing along just fine. Although set-back last night with mashed potatoes; didn't measure and ended up keeled over in pain, vomiting, and crying because the pain was so bad. It only lasted an hour but throughout the whole ordeal I thought the band slipped! I've learned NOT to do that again!

Anyway, I got my first fill today; 3cc's. How do you know what size band you have? I have no idea.

And how is your progress Jenny? :wub:

Hi Ladies,

I reside in Spfld MA., and am getting excited/nervous about being banded this friday (11/06/09). I will have my surgery at Mercy Medical Center. I prefer Baystate, however after reading some of the comments, I might be better off at Mercy. I really appreciate this forum and the insight it provides. I hope you all are blessed!:)

Hi Ladies,

I reside in Spfld MA., and am getting excited/nervous about being banded this friday (11/06/09). I will have my surgery at Mercy Medical Center. I prefer Baystate, however after reading some of the comments, I might be better off at Mercy. I really appreciate this forum and the insight it provides. I hope you all are blessed!:)

Hey there, I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure everything will turn out just fine. :D Keep us posted.

Hi Ladies,

I reside in Spfld MA., and am getting excited/nervous about being banded this friday (11/06/09). I will have my surgery at Mercy Medical Center. I prefer Baystate, however after reading some of the comments, I might be better off at Mercy. I really appreciate this forum and the insight it provides. I hope you all are blessed!:drool:

Good luck to you!! I had my surgery at Noble - it wasn't much better than the stories I'm hearing about at Baystate. I started off with a fabulous nurse and then later I got stuck with one that was an idiot! Just got home from my latest fill from Fiallo - I only had him give me 1/4 cc - hopefully this will last through the New Year.

Just thought I would stop in and see how everyone is doing?