Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pvsa anyone?

So Watelu had surgery today- YAY! Hope it went well.

For those who are interested in knowing how the support group meeting went, it was...interesting. If you were a pre-op patient you got really nothing out of it in my opinion. We met afterwards, just the practice manager and post-op patients. She heard feedback and people's opinions, and the meetings are going to be run differently starting in March. The first part of the meeting is going to be post-op issues with a limited number of pre-op patients attending so they can hear about some of the issues people can have. Then the last half will be the presentation, speaker, or whatever. There was talk of starting a mentoring program pairing interested pre-op and post-op patients, but I'm not sure where that ended up.

I passed along the Baystate info from KMartin for a couple of people who wanted to look elsewhere for support. I'm willing to give this new format a try, but I need to make sure I'm getting something out of this.

Can't wait to hear what other people thought or other support groups tried!

I missed the meeting AGAIN. I am planning on making it to the March meeting. I'm frustrated because I called the office to schedule a fill with Fiallo and he is only doing fills on Wednesday afternoons. They couldn't fit me in until March 18th - my last fill was 2/7 and I'm still not restricted enough. I liked it before when he had 2 1/2 days set aside for fills each week. Now it will be harder to get in.

I was at the PVSA meeting on Monday as well. I have a friend that is Pre-Op, so I went to that one instead of the BayState meeting.

I have to say that I was very impressed that they are hearing us and trying new things. I, for one, might have been too quick to judge the first meeting. I am going to continue going to the PVSA groups and see how it goes. They are trying to work the best in for both pre and post op groups. They are big on having the post-op people there to help and inform the pre-op patients, but I think they heard us when we voiced that we need our time for help too.

Luigismama - I wish I knew that you were there. I was sitting on the right side, facing the front about halfway back. Where were you?

Kris,

I was on the same side maybe a couple of rows behind you! I am willing to try these meetings out for a few more times, and next time I'll be sure to look for you there.

I looked around my kitchen and realized a lot of crap food that is easy to get down snuck its way into my life again. Can't do that anymore :party:

How is your journey going? How is everyone else doing?

Hi All,

Happy to say I was just approved for surgery by insurance this afternoon! Spoke with Dr. Haags' office and they were able to schedule me for next Tues. 3/10/09. Baystate had an opening so they signed me up, yeah. Guess he is going on vacation later this month, fyi. Otherwise, I would have had to wait til April. Have an appt. to see him tomorrow then lab work, etc on fri. It's all happening so fast even though I have been preparing for months. No time to get cold feet. Hope everyone is doing well.

Cathy

Congrats cathy!!!

Wow that was really fast , must be exciting!!!! I hope everything goes well, keep us posted.

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the well wishes. Saw Dr. Haag this afternoon. All set for Tues. 3/10/09. He is just so nice. I'll be glad when it is all over. Looks like your journey has been going great! Good for you--keep up the good work. Can't wait to post lost lbs. in the near future.

Cathy

Hey Cathy -

I had my first fill yesterday afternoon. I wonder if we were sitting in the waiting room together. I was there at 3:45 and went in a little after 4.

Congratulations with getting your date and good luck with your sugery. If you need anything, we are here for you!

Kris

Hi Kris,

I was actually in a little earlier than you, my appt. was 2:15. Fortunately they had a cancellation and were able to fit me in at the last minute. Seems like it is suddenly all happening so fast and coming together really well. Thanks for the well wishes. This site has been invaluable in terms of information and support. Hope your first fill went as smooth as you had hoped. My understanding is they are really not bad. Looking forward to talking with everyone after Tues. Take Care.

Cathy

The fill went very smoothly... and quickly. Not feeling any restriction though. They said that I can schedule another one in two weeks.

Surgery was done yesterday as planned. Happy it is all over. I was a nervous wreck these past few days. Everyone at Baystate was really great. I ended up staying overnight which I'm glad I did. Feel so much better today. Only one problem--I asked Dr. Haag if I was going to be a size 6 when I woke up but darn I guess he forgot that part, lol. :thumbup: Hope everyone else is doing good.

Cathy

Cathy I'm so happy for you. I am glad everything went so well. Keep us all updated.

Hi Jenny,

Doing much better now but did have a rough few days with left shoulder pain. That has been the worst part overall. And getting those Protein Drinks down. Not doing such a great job with those, lol. Plan on going back to work tomorrow--we'll see how that goes. How is everything going with you--looks like you've been doing great so far! You've come so far in so little time--keep up the good work!

Cathy

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing good. Nice weather hopefully leads to wanting to exercise more, and eat right...lol Anyways does anyone know when the april meeting is? Hopefully once school is done I will be able to regularly go to these meetings. Hope all is well.

Hi Jenny,

I agree, what a great day! I think we are all ready for nice weather. The April meeting is on the 20th. We had a meeting last night and it was mentioned that they are also going to be having post-op only meetings on some Fridays @ 10 a.m. held in the PVSA office. The dates for April are 4/10 and 4/24. The meeting is from 10-11 but you have to pre-register for those.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Cathy