Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pvsa anyone?

Does anyone know when the June meeting is?

These are the meetings for the summer.

June 1, 2009

June 22, 2009

July 13, 2009

July 27, 2009

August 10, 2009

August 24, 2009

I went to this weeks appointment and it wasn't that bad. A LOT of preop stuff, but a good deal of post op too. I enjoyed talking to others there. Hope to see you at the next one sweet pea.

hay thanks...i got a call today that the office would assign me a date by Wed...so i will find out than when i can start...i am happy the meetings seem to be getting better for you postop people....:thumbup:

I hope you get that date very soon!:thumbup:

How is everyone??? Miss talking to you guys!

Hi All!

Hope everyone is doing well. I noticed on some of the other posts that some folks were thinking about going to the support meeting on 6/22/09. Just so you know, you have to sign up to go to that meeting because they are limiting it to 100 people--both pre & post op. Dr. Brooks the plastic surgeon is suppose to be there that night talking about cosmetic surgery, etc. I actually forgot to sign up myself, still not sure if I'm going or not. Take Care!

Cathy

Hi All!

Hope everyone is doing well. I noticed on some of the other posts that some folks were thinking about going to the support meeting on 6/22/09. Just so you know, you have to sign up to go to that meeting because they are limiting it to 100 people--both pre & post op. Dr. Brooks the plastic surgeon is suppose to be there that night talking about cosmetic surgery, etc. I actually forgot to sign up myself, still not sure if I'm going or not. Take Care!

Cathy

How do you sign up for the meeting?

It already passed. I went and had not signed up. It was a very informative meeting but VERY small. I think the next meeting is Monday.

It already passed. I went and had not signed up. It was a very informative meeting but VERY small. I think the next meeting is Monday.

So they didn't give you a hard time about just "showing" up?

They just asked pre or post op and let me right in. There were a lot of empty seats. Have a good fourth everyone!

Hi all,

My name is Renee and I have gone through the necessary steps and have been approved by insurance. I am just waiting for PVSA to call me back with a surgery date. This is frightening and exciting at the same time!

I called and spoke with Missy on Monday and asked her when to expect surgery. She told me that BCBS hadn't given me the approval yet, however, I told her that I received a letter from BCBS dated 8/28/09 that I was approved! So Missy was really nice and had me fax the letter to her. She said once it is reviewed, someone will call me back with a date. I hope it is soon.

I look forward to meeting some of you at the support groups. I have found them very helpful so far (preop).

Renee

Hi Renee,

Congrats on being approved. I hope you recieve your date very soon! Who is your surgeon Haag, or Fiallo??? They are both great. Hope everything goes well!

Hi Jenny!

Hi Lisa!

Thank you for the congrats!!! :)

I am with Dr. Fiallo. Just got the call yesterday that my surgery is 10/16!!! Oh My God. I am freaking out! Good and bad. I'm so nervous and scared that something foreign is going inside my body. This is the only way I believe that I can lose weight before it's too late. :smile::w00t: Total mixed feelings.

I have researched the band and know a few people who have it who never regretted getting it. They are healthy now too.

I just hear so much about sliming and vomiting and not losing the weight and all that yucky stuff.

Anyway, I have to focus on my eating from now on in... very strictly so that I'll be more than prepared. Is there anything that you guys did that could help me? Any tips?

Thank you! And Good luck in your journeys!

Lisa, you said you live in Easthampton? How cool! Maybe we can meet someday! I definitely will be going to the support groups at the Clarion as soon as I am banded. I thought they were great when I went "pre-op".

~ Renee

Congrats to you..it will all happen before you know it...Renee, l would love to meet..l live in the Plain Street area...there is so much to share with this journey..never be afraid to ask...the only stupid question is the one you don't ask...Congrats and hold on..its a great ride begining for you..Me, lm down 75 lbs in this year....lve had my issues, but ....l will always say, my band is like a 2 yr old...you never know when it will act up....lol...

Lisa

Congrats to you..it will all happen before you know it...Renee, l would love to meet..l live in the Plain Street area...there is so much to share with this journey..never be afraid to ask...the only stupid question is the one you don't ask...Congrats and hold on..its a great ride begining for you..Me, lm down 75 lbs in this year....lve had my issues, but ....l will always say, my band is like a 2 yr old...you never know when it will act up....lol...

Lisa

Thanks again Lisa for the congrats! :w00t: I know the time will go by fast. I am soooo nervous though.

Is there anything you did before surgery as a diet... like did you do the chewing slowly thing (which I think is soooo hard) and the Protein Shakes? If so, what else did you do?

I live in the Mt. Tom Ave area. I could use a friend going through this journey. So thanks... I would love to meet also. I know where Plain Street is... near Strong Ave. Very cool.

Congratulations being down 75 lbs. That is a HUGE success! :smile:

I like how you call the band a 2 year old... LOL you never know when it will act up. That's a positive way to look at it. :)