Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 1st Avengers Check In

Hey everyone! We're almost a week post op. How's it going?

I'm still sore on my port side, but able to get up and do minor housework. Able to take in a little more liquid at a time to calm hunger pains. The gas pains are finally gone thank God! I ate a whole pudding cup yesterday and was miserable for hours!!! Lesson learned!!! It's a funny feeling when you feel full from the pressure sensation as opposed to a normal full feeling...it's a learning process, I know. I have those funny whirling and flushing feelings and laugh sometimes at myself. I don't have to go back to work for another week, and I'm really enjoying the time at home to rest and recover. I weigh 301 this morning down from 308 day of surgery. I'm so excited that I'm about to say goodbye to the 300's forever!!!!

Updates everyone!

Hello Mamakatken - glad to hear you are doing great. I'm also an April Fool Avenger. I'm feeling great except for some lingering gas pain but it is so much less today. I was surprised how much easier it was to get that first Protein drink down this morning. I'm surprised you are trying pudding cups already? I'm still on thin liquids. I'll start thicker liquids on Wednesday. I only took two days sick time off. I work out of my house when not traveling, so that makes it easier.

Cheers!

pudding, yogurt, and cream Soup is on my doc's ok list for weeks 1-2. I've done really good until I ate too much. My diet instructions are no more than 1/2 cup every hour and I'm supposed to alternate clear liquid with full liquid. My big mistake was not stopping at 1/2 cup pudding!

Hello my fellow April Fools Day Avengers. Wow, were we the first ones to kick off this bandster party or what? LOL

I have to go back to work tomorrow so today I am shopping! Woo Hoo!! I also have an appointment to do my hair today. I started the soft mushies stage yesterday and I feel so much better with lots more energy. I am almost feeling back to normal, with the exception of some tenderness at the port site and gas problems here & there.

Where are all of the other April Fools Day Avengers? Let us know how you are doing!! :frown:

I'm so excited about grits and Soup today! Still some lingering gas - but nothing like it was. I've had no pain around the incisions or port. The incisions must be healing because they are starting to itch a little. I go for my follow up on Thursday but so far, so good.

Cheers!

Hey guys...I'm 299 this morning!!!! It's sooooo great to look down and not see 3 something anymore! I weighed twice just to make sure!! I had a really good day yesterday. Most of the soreness is gone except when I sneeze or cough and my port site burns a little bit. How's it going with you guys?

Hey guys...I'm 299 this morning!!!! It's sooooo great to look down and not see 3 something anymore! I weighed twice just to make sure!! I had a really good day yesterday. Most of the soreness is gone except when I sneeze or cough and my port site burns a little bit. How's it going with you guys?

That's great! I need to buy a new scale. I haven't used the one I have in so long and just realized it does not work anymore. I'll find out my current weight tomorrow when I go in for my follow up. I don't feel like I've really lost more than a couple of pounds, but I put on a shirt to go to the baseball game last night and was surprised at how much better it fit than when I wore it last spring.

Cheers!

Winegoddesstx, Thanks! Good luck tomorrow. I bet you'll be suprised at how much you've lost in a week! I love to step on the scales in the morning. It gives me motivation to keep to my plan!

Follow up post op appointment went well - I've lost 9 lbs since surgery for a two week total of 12 lbs gone. Gas pain is finally gone and it's a little easier to eat my mushy foods yesterday and today. I worry it's getting too easy. I'll have to really watch the calories next week. I go back for my first fill in 2-3 weeks, but this is a great start. Now I just need to buy a scale....

Cheers!

Hello APRIL FOOL AVENGERS I AM WITH YOU ALSO, I WAS BAND APRIL 1 IN GALVESTON TX AND I AM READY TO EAT SOME SOFT FOODS, I STARTED AT 209.8 SURGERY DAY AND TODAY I AM RIGHT ON THE 200 LINE IT IS SO GREAT TO LOOK AND SEE THE LINES MOVE BACK EVERYDAY I KNOW WE ALL MADE THE RIGHT DECISION TO GET THIS DONE AND BY THE SUMMER WE WILL ALL BE CUTE. AND WAY TO GO EVERYONE ON THE WEIGHT LOSS LETS KEEP IT GOING

Ok....anyone else getting hungry?!?!? I'm still on Soups and liquids..can start mushies on Tuesday according to my doc's protocol. I've been soooo good at sticking to my post op diet so everything 5 years from now will be great. BUT, I'm starting to get hungry more and more. I know that this is a short time and before I know it I'll be back on real food. Just need some encouragement from my April Fools sisters and to know I'm not alone!

Ok....anyone else getting hungry?!?!? I'm still on Soups and liquids..can start mushies on Tuesday according to my doc's protocol. I've been soooo good at sticking to my post op diet so everything 5 years from now will be great. BUT, I'm starting to get hungry more and more. I know that this is a short time and before I know it I'll be back on real food. Just need some encouragement from my April Fools sisters and to know I'm not alone!

Oh yes, it really came over me yesterday and today. I'm hungry! The good news is it I can still get pretty full on a serving of grits, a cup of broth, and a slim fast spread over a couple of hours. It seems to come in waves but when I'm hungry, I'm darn hungry and I have to make an effort to eat very slowly. I clearly need that first fill and two weeks seems a long way away. I did eat thicker grits today and some cottage cheese. I sure am looking forward to scrambled eggs......

Cheers!

Oh yes I get hungry in spurts so I get Ensure or a slimfast optimus, I go to the doctor tomorrow and hopful I can start eating mush on Tuesday I will let ya'll know tomorrow.

Veondral

Well, I finally overdid it.... I've been able to eat pretty much anything in small quantity and with lots of chewing but yesterday I finally met my match. I'm on the board for local charitable organization and we were having a Saturday morning meeting where Breakfast tacos were being served. Unfortunately, I was talking while eating the taco and not paying attention to eating this thing carefully. Next thing I knew I was in pain because that flour tortilla was stuck. Fortunately, I was able to get up from the table, go to the restroom with a glass of Water and wash it down. I spent a few minutes in the restroom waiting for the pain to pass and worrying that something was going to come back up. It didn't but I sure learned my lesson - pay attention while you are eating and don't eat flour tortillas!

Cheers!