Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We ready for a Black President?

Are we ready for a Black President?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are we ready for a Black President?

• Yes
    • No

All I have to say is give President Obama the same respect, patience, and consideration that was given to the past 43 presidents especially that 43rd president.

Um, you probably want me to give him MORE respect and patience and consideration than I gave the 43rd president. :smile2:

Um, you probably want me to give him MORE respect and patience and consideration than I gave the 43rd president. :tongue2:

Please...LOL :smile2: or is that wink indicating something else. By the way... that wink makes me laugh because it makes me think about Sarah Palin :wink5: I need to stop watching Saturday Night Live. LOL

I forgot what it was like to feel pride in my country and now that I have it again it feels good!

TheGhost- I have something to say to you. I got goose bumps when I read your post. I am so proud of you! Those were thoughtful, generous and obviously heartfelt words and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

It's thrilling to think that the majority of Americans understand what this election means and realize that we really can work together to take our country forward . There is no doubt in my mind that we will be a better people for making this choice.

I know that we will always have people who are ignorant and filled with fear and hate. People who refuse to compromise and people who take the law into their own hands. That is prevelant in societies all over the world and we are not immune. But I believe that we took a giant leap toward learning to live in peace and tolerance yesterday and I am so very proud of us.

High five - watcher!

Yessir

.... i Love this country... and for me thats saying alot... i mean i always knew i lived in the best country on earth... but i aver really felt at home...

like Whoppie said on the view... "i feel as though i can finally put my suitcase down".... That is so powerful... I Love America... It is finally My Home and as of last night i dont think anything or any one can EVER change that.:smile2:

Um, you probably want me to give him MORE respect and patience and consideration than I gave the 43rd president. :smile2:

You mean that funny little cowboy.....???

I just heard on the evening news that President Bush has invited the Obamas to come visit the White House as soon as they wish. That was pretty quick compared to some of the past presidents. Wow. Even that made me tear up. Powerful stuff! :smile2:

I don't think we're ready...he hadn't even won yet and there was already a plot to kill him! I think that people voted based on race and not qualifications! People said hey he's black I'm voting or not voting for him...I am not racist by any means, 3 of my brothers are african american and my husband is mexican. I just don't want to see our president assasinated because of his race!!! There are a lot of ignorant people in this world and that's not about to change! I was upset because all of the election coverage was race, race, race. Hey look Oprah's crying. Hey look Jesse Jackson is crying. Great day for african americans...I just think that we needed to vote because we shared in the person's beliefs and their stance on the issues not because of his race...It is what it is...

Hello,

Obama is not black. He is Blite. He's as much white as he is black. It's his associations that I'm concerned about.

You are very right...Obama's mother and her side of the family was white and his father's side of the family was black...agian...our president should not be elected based on his race, but based on his stance on issues...Congrats America...you're voices have been heard

I think that people voted based on race and not qualifications!

i voted for president elect obama - not on race, but for the person I found to be the best candidate.

i will never try to pretend how many african americans feel today - as watcher put (rest my suitcase down) because i'm a white female. i cried seeing opra & jessee jackson.., heck i cried again today watching oprah - and i'm not a regular viewer of hers.

i can only appreciate & soak up the emotions that many are feeling & be thankful, that our new president was elected by all races / religions / sexual orientations - not just because the color of his skin.

it's a good day america; the rest of the world is smiling along!!!

I too voted for Obama on his qualifications...I don't give a damn if he's the 1 eye-ed one horned flying purpe people eater...based on his qualifications he still would have got my vote. McCain just wasn't right for us!

I was thinking about watcher last night when the returns came in. Breath watcher, it really happend. I am so filled with joy today nothing can get me down. I have been waiting for America to wake up and we finally have.

Congrats to all of my comrades out there!