Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Foolin' for Marchies of 2007

OK....I know that my total lbs. lost might not be as much as others, BUT....I hit 60lbs. total lost yesterday. That's about my 50% mark. WOOO HOOO!!! :tt2: I'm so excited about it. In fact, I was talking with a friend tonight and I realized that I've lost 30 of those pounds since the beginning of the school year (I'm a teacher).

Well, that's it.

Annette :thumbup:

Hi All, lot of busy work going on. Glad you have time to stop by and share your results. Hope they're good ones.

I myself am still having trouble getting food down. Can't seem to time it at which meal will be the troublesome meal. Nor what food will give me problems to eat/digest.

Tomorrow is my dr's appt. May get a little unfill. .1 or .2. Not .3 for that is the amount that was put in last time, to get me where I am now. I did find that chewing something crunchy, like crackers/cookies, kept the gas out of my stomach. So I was able to eat w/ no trouble. Since I only just discovered this out, this week,i t's not a tried and true fact.

Slikchik10, one step at a time, one pound at a time. It'll take time but you'll be there.

So, hope things are well at home and school. Good Nite.

Edited by Whitepants

Hi Marchies,

Sounds like we're all busy! Things are going okay here, school very busy of course. My scale finally started moving again--I had about a month long plateau which included 12 days straight of the scale not moving at all, not even 0.1 lb! It was sort of amazing, actually. Finally I dropped a couple of pounds. I stopped working out for a couple of days--I think maybe I've been overdoing it with the running. So I'm going to back off a little bit and see what happens. Scary! :rant:

Anyone swim? I like swimming but I was always so slow and not cardiovascularly fit enough to sustain a good workout. Anyway, I got some of those short little swim fins and they work great--they are supposed to put more of the workout on your legs, but not overload them, so you can workout longer and work your legs more. I think they work pretty well. I was able to swim for 30 minutes today (with some pauses and huffing and puffing!) and my legs are going to be sore tomorrow! But in a good way. :hurt: I got Zoomers Z2's, but there are many kinds out there. Anyway, thought someone might be interested! I dig em. :redface:

Have a great rest of the week everyone!

HEY LEAH!!! YOU ARE DOING AWESOME!!! Congratulations on the 100lbs!!! We have to meet up again this summer for our walk/jogs by the lakefront!

Thanks Tammy. That would be great, those lakefront run/walks represented the new wave of thing to come. I have not looked back since those days.

I see you are doing awesome. Call me when you get a chance.

Marchies ROCK!!!!

Just wanted to stop in and check up on everyone. You guys are doing great.

Between work, kids, Women in the Outdoors and my Relay for Lift team, there isn't much time to log-in and check up. But things are the same, still sitting at 174, but haven't done anything about exercise lately and running so much, eating hasn't been that great.

Well, back to work, then teaching a bow hunting class tonight. Hope to be home by 10 so I can shower and get to bed before 11:00 so I can get up and start all over again tomorrow.

Take care Marchies.

Had a fill appt yesterday, plus a good talk with my surgeon. Finally I have a better grasp of my problem now. I mentioned to him that I seem to get a delayed "tight" feeling in my throat about 1/2 hour after I eat, and he said that feeling is food (or saliva) in my espohagus (ie. you overate). All this time I couldn't understand why I didn't have that "stop eating now" feeling while eating (which I had the 1st 3 mos after surgery)and he thinks I just got used to the feeling. I finally understand that the band isn't going to MAKE me stop eating like it did at first. I have to portion out 1/2 a cup and stop myself.

He also wanted me to stop my afternoon snack and space my meals out more because I was kind of bunching them together (10, 12:30, 3:00, 6:00). I'm going to go further and stay on liquids for a while to maybe get "unused" to the feeling I had that told me I needed to stop eating. He also put in .2cc's to bring me up to 2.5, but didn't want to do anymore since I already have the smallest band. I have to make this work now. I feel full today on liquid Protein diet, so maybe there's hope that I'm at my sweet spot. I'm also hoping my esophagus isn't damaged, and am going to check out some threads on that. There's quite a learning curve with this, isn't there?

Yes, quite the learning curve. I guess it will always be this way or do you think after say 2 years we will finally figure it out or will our bodies always be changing?

I too was too tight after my last fill and it was only a very small one. I keep thinking I would get use to it. I was having a lot of acid relux when I laid down. Sometimes it would be right away but other nights it would hit me at 5 am. (Did lose a bit of sleep)I began to think that I wasn't eating enough at night, so I started to have a snack before bed. This didn't help. I finally got a small defill and I feel so much better. The good news out of the last three weeks is that I lost 7 LBS Yooohoooo!!!!! And I was even on holidays at an all you can eat resort. Now there's a FIRST for me..its always been 7-10 lbs on.

Glad to to see everyone doing so well.

And about being cold I am freeeeeeezing all the time. Can't wait for summer...

Hi All,

I to am wondering if I will ever have this under control. Since we are in are second year, how much more will be learn. The restriction I'm at now, will probably hold me till the end of the year. From how I'm feeling, I don't think I'll need another fill for quite some time.

My last appt. last week, the dr. said that I'm at a good restirction now. Especially when I told him I can't eat chips any more without some issues. He said food like that and crackers will add weight and help undo what I'm trying to accompish. When everyone go for their next visit, there may be a chart in the dr's office to show where you are with your restrction. I'm between the 2nd and thrid restriction area. Which is good for I'm closer to be at the best restriction for me.

Yesterday I had my third restrauant meal. It was better than the first, which almost sent me gagging. The second, which wasn't a challenging meal, it was a fondue meal. Yesterday, was and I eyeballed the portion size well, and it all fit nicely on the bread plate. Grilled salmon, greens and mac & cheese. After eating the salmon I wanted more, but I hadn't eaten the veggies and carb yet. After eating the veggies I began to fill full. Then ate the mac & cheese and was glad I didn't take any more fish. Get this, I couldn't finish the mac & cheese, that same old feeling, that familiar feeling started. After letting that feeling pass, although I shouldn't of I finished the mac & cheese. That portion I finished was the portion that gave me trouble getting onto my plate. Did I miss the sign or not? But, to help I had a cup of tea, took 3 papaya pills and eat the corn muffin first. Once again Mrs. Husker, thanks for that piece of advice.

Also, Juli, I did my first mini, and I mean mini walk. I walked first 3 miles home. Couldn't make that last mile. Then walked the 4 miles home. But, there is something you seasoned runners, forgot to tell use beginners, that your legs and knees will let you know, they're not used to that much walking for that long a distance and at a steady pace. But, I plan to do this at least once a week weather permitting, especially for now.

So......How's everyone else doing? Fine and I hope fine as well.

Edited by Whitepants

Hello all. I finally reached that 200 goal of mine. It took me forever! But I got there. Next up is seeing how long it takes me to get under 200 pounds-- hopefully that happens a little bit sooner. I'm going to see how long it takes me to get to 210, and then for those other ten pounds to come off. I am thinking of having some tuna salad and then working on the garden if the rain has let up. I have missed a bunch of work outs recently. My sinuses have been upsetting me-- last week I had fever and a bit of the flu and was all curled up in bed for a day.

My other recent body related joy involves hair removal. I have been waxing my legs and under arms at home for a few years now, and then I recently bought a well reviewed epillator on ebay. I love it! I don't think it hurts at all all and its so easy to use and a lot less irritating than wax, which I found less irritating than shaving. And no more expensive was strips-- score one for the budget!

Gwen,

Good news on your walk! Don't do too much too soon and get hurt.

K-

A girl has got to love ebay.

Oh happy day, everyone!

Sophie

Thanks for posting. That's me exactly! I've gotten used to the feelings of fullness that used to make me stop.

Time to re-think this. I want to be to my goal by my 40th in August.

Not sure I can lose 20 lbs in 3 months.

On another subject.................

Has anyone had problems with queezyness on carnival rides? Is it my band causing this?

I had a hard time this weekend riding the spinning apples and the tilt-a-whirl and the gravitron and the hanglider ride with the family.

It kept getting worse, I had to sit down I was feeling so sick.

take care

dem,

Were you well hydrated with regular nutrition in you? If not that might have caused the dizziness.

HOWDY!

Just checking in with everyone!

Hope all is well!

Still havent weighed yet I promise I will after my period is gone!

BE GREAT!!! BE GOOD!!!!

BE BLESSED!!!!!!

talk with you soon!

I never used to get car sick or ride sick but about 6 mos after my band I have had those experiences.

Here's my question for you all I am having a lot of trouble with sinus drainage and the feeling of indigestion and pain like heartburn my Doc says take some out but now I'm too open.

Any suggestions on how to keep my restriction without all the pain associated with this drainage? Glogirl

Glo

I'm going to guess you have two seperate things going on.

If you are having sinus issues, take some OTC stuff like Claritin.

As for your heartburn and indigestion, you need to have your fill level checked. Untreated heartburn is a one way ticket to Slipsville. You may be too tight, regardless of how much you are able to eat. The health of your stomach/band is the priority not loosing as quickly as possible.

Take care of yourself and check back.