Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's your goal look?

So do you want to look like Jillian or more like the Apple lady at the top?

I don't have any huge aspirations, just want to look "normal". I want to blend in. I don't care if I have a bit of cellulite on my legs or butt - like every other woman on earth. I'm not into huuuge muscles but I'd like to be somewhat toned. I'll definitely show off my curves though - unlike Apple lady at the top. What's your goal look? Are you reaching for the "Iron man" look or to be a certain size or a certain weight? How will you know when you've reached your goal?

I would love to look more like Jillian but I know that is not realistic. I would like to be a size 8 and toned. Everytime I've lost weight in the past I can never get below a size 14 so size 12 is going to be thrilling. I know I will still have my cellulite but I am hoping this intense exercise I am doing right now will help firm me up so I don't have a lot of loose skin.

I cant see Apple Lady at the top, there's a big banner ad in front of her.

I like slender, I'm 5ft 10 tall and I like the tall, thin look. I think bones are beautiful, not skeletal, by any stretch, but I dont really aspire to still be somewhat chunky. There's a difference between curves and chunk - to me curves are quite toned and carefully created and you dont get them just by not quite losing all your excess weight.

Jillian to me is more toned than I'd like to be. That sort of look calls for VERY low body fat and an amount of work whcih I just dont care to put in and dont think I could maintain. I dont really like the look of big muscles on women, I like tone, and the hint of muscle under the skin and the shape that muscle gives, but with a reasonable layer of fat over the top to soften it.

I think some of the supermodels of the late 80's, early 90's had great bodies, before that super thin look came in, they were curvy, toned and healthy looking without huge muscles. Cindy Crawford and Rachel Hunter come to mind, now I know that in real life they were much thinner than they looked in magazines, but their magazine look, perfect.

In every day life, I dont really care about a bit of cellulite either. I've got it, I'm 40, I'll always have it. I'm pretty happy with my actual body shape, I think nature was kind, I'd rather be pear shaped like I am than thicker round the middle.

If I were to tamper with it, its going to be boobs. I think I"ll have a breast lift, truth is I'd love a small teardrop shaped implant to take me back to a good DD, but I'm really afraid of the health implications of breast implants and I dont like the "fake" look.

I have no idea who Jillian is, but I think the apple lady looks great,(I'd also like her hair!) NORMAL is what I'd like. I want to go to the mall with my 17 year old daughter, and be able to look at clothes for me at the same stores she is shopping! (NO more Lane Bryant!)

Are we talking Jillian from the biggest loser? If so I don't aspire to look like that. She looks great but you'd have to be pretty dedicated to the gym to look like that. I think I'm more the apple lady type. I'm happy to get down to a size 12 (Aussie sizing). I think if I lose any more than that at my age I will end up aging too quickly. At my age you want to keep the wrinkles at bay for as long as you can. :puke:

Right now, I have simple goals regarding my looks. I want to be small enough to shop in regular sizes. I haven't done that in 20 years. I would also (someday) like my waist to be much smaller than my hips. Right now it is only two inches smaller. I KNOW I will need to have PS to accomplish the waist goal.

I suspect that once I get to size 14, I will want to be size 10, but I am not worrying about that now....

I am alreay strong, but my goal is to be able to do pull ups. I can lift a lot for a woman right now (bench press 100lbs, biceps 25 lbs each, leg press 300 lbs), but I am waaaay too heavy to do a simple pull up. We do a lot of rafting and other sports and strength is very important to me. I want to know I can save myself if I fall out of or under something or if I need to row away from something scary.

I want to look how I looked in high school...which was a size 8 and fit. I was not muscular, even though I did weight-lifting 3 times a week for a conditioning class. I just looked nice. I'd love to have a runner's body. When I am back to not working every dang day of my life, I'll get back into running again. My mom used to run marathons and she had the most incredible legs...that's what I want. I would actually love to have some nice biceps. I wish I had the discipline and drive to get Angela Bassett's arms: Celeb models in red as Fashion Week begins - Fashion Week - MSNBC.com

My best friend is around my height and is my goal weight. We have very similar shapes I think (hour glass), except she's the slim version. I'm striving to look similar to her, except I'll have more excess skin and cellulite unfortunately. I'd post a picture of her but I think she'd kill me lol.

Close, you don't know who Jillian is?!?!? You are watching waaayy too little TV, girl!! She's one of the trainers on the biggest loser and is mega-toned.

Lizzie, the pic of your friend is exactly how I would like to look - except a mid-30's version so I'll probably be way more "droopy" than her. I know I can do it too, because once upon a time I did look like that. Curves in all the right places! sigh ...

I'd like the ring on your friend's finger, Liz. LOL But how she looks is how I USED to look. That's my look. :lol:

I would like to be 150, I am 5'5'; I want to be fit and be able to buy clothing at a regular store. I would love to fit a 10/12.