Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much food can YOU eat at each meal RIGHT BEFORE you get a fill? (not first fill)

How much did you eat at meals right before you got a fill?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How much did you eat at meals right before you got a fill?

• 1/2 cup
    • 2/3 cup
    • 3/4 cup
    • 1 cup
    • 1 1/3 cup
    • 1 1/2 cup
    • 1 2/3 cup
    • 1 3/4 cup
    • 2 cup
    • 2 1/3 cup
    • 2 1/2 cup
    • 2 2/3 cup
    • 1 3/5 cup
    • Other

Ok right from the Dr.s mouth, do not eat on the day before getting a fill. Why well say if you ahve solid food in your pouch beofre it has time to digest properly and then you get your fill, guess what? your band or the area around your band may have a tendency to swell up a bit and if so then the food becomes stuck and it will just hang in there and make it hard on you. I know I did this and I had soo much trouble to where I ahd to go and get the new fill taken out, it is so not worth it.

Hi Everyone

THis is really interesting to me. I have only had one fill and I have been wondering how long it would be before I need another fill. What great tips. Can someone tell me what happens to need anoher fill? Do we lose fat around band?

THanks for all your comments

Tupelo Honey x

Tupelo, Yes we do. My doc gave me the pix of the band in place...it looked huge like a billboard that said ALLERGAN in big letters! Anyway there were globs of fat all over my stomach and thats the worse kind of fat (visceral)compared to the stuff you can pinch on your waist or hips (subcutaneous) ! So that stuff is decreasing all over the body and the band loosens up.

Ok right from the Dr.s mouth, do not eat on the day before getting a fill. Why well say if you ahve solid food in your pouch beofre it has time to digest properly and then you get your fill, guess what? your band or the area around your band may have a tendency to swell up a bit and if so then the food becomes stuck and it will just hang in there and make it hard on you. I know I did this and I had soo much trouble to where I ahd to go and get the new fill taken out, it is so not worth it.
Mine says don't eat 12hrs before a fill and don't drink 4hrs before. After the fill it's warm liquids the day of and soft food the day after.

I guess everyone is different because I use to not eat the day of a fill and I did this last time. I told my doc I ate about an our and a half before I came into the office and he said that was fine because what I ate was WAY gone. I noticed that since I did eat I could handle a larger amount of sailine than usual. I usually have a hard time getting .5 ccs and sometimes have to have some taken out before I leave the office. This time I took the .5 without any trouble.:thumbup:

When I go for a fill I take a dose of liquid kids advil just before I go in to keep the swelling down. I drive 4 to 5 hours to get there or I would just take it at home! I do eat before I leave, then on the way home a jamba or even a small shake from wherever.