Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much food can YOU eat at each meal RIGHT BEFORE you get a fill? (not first fill)

How much did you eat at meals right before you got a fill?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How much did you eat at meals right before you got a fill?

• 1/2 cup
    • 2/3 cup
    • 3/4 cup
    • 1 cup
    • 1 1/3 cup
    • 1 1/2 cup
    • 1 2/3 cup
    • 1 3/4 cup
    • 2 cup
    • 2 1/3 cup
    • 2 1/2 cup
    • 2 2/3 cup
    • 1 3/5 cup
    • Other

This poll is for those that have already reached their sweet spot ONCE. I am curious is how much people eat right before their fills once they've gotten to their sweet-spot once. Do you eat just a little more than half a cup before you go in for a fill? 3/4? 1? Two cups? Somewhere in between?

I made it multiple choice since it may vary widely, I dont know. If you choose more than one answer, please post so in your reply. Thanks! I think this will be interesting.

AGAIN, If you have NEVER reached your sweet spot yet (ie first fills after surgery) please do NOT vote! Before you get to your first sweet spot, most everyone eats a lot. Thanks!

Edited by dustout

Let me clarify so I know how to answer. You're talking about people who were at their sweet spot, but then became too loose and required another fill --- and before they got that "another fill" how much could they eat...? So in other words, "If you've been at your sweet spot, and needed another fill, how much could you eat before that fill?"

:confused2:

Correct! Sorry about it being kind of unclear... it's kind of a hard question to figure out how to ask.... If you've reached your sweet spot at least once, then lost restriction from losing weight and and got more fill to fix that lessening restriction, then you're perfect to vote.. :crying:

Basically I want to omit people that are new to the band and are trying to trying to get that first sweet spot. A lot of them can eat like they dont have a band yet...

For me, it's not about how much I *can* eat, it's "How long after my meal of 2-3 oz of solid Protein + 1/2 C of veggies does the band dim my hunger?" If I'm hungry in under 3 hrs, it's probably time for a fill. If it keeps me satiated for 3-4 hrs, then my fill level is just right.

I'm thinking somewhere between 1 and 2 cups is where I notice I'm getting hungry too soon. Right now my fill is perfect and I can't eat a cup of solid food, e.g. chicken breast + raw veggies. I can easily eat a cup of Kashi Go Lean Cereal + 1 C of milk for Breakfast without the pouch getting full though -- that milk just washes it right down. It keeps me full and my calorie levels are fine, so it's still on my menu for now.

That's sounding about like me... I'm starting to eat about 1 cup of food each meal (was .5 cup for a while after last fill), but it only keeps me satisfied for about 2 hours now... fill scheduled for 2 weeks from now.

I've got a fill scheduled tomorrow, I can eat about a cup to cup and a half. It depends what and when - I cant eat a full cup of Breakfast Cereal but I can eat a cup and a half of dinner.

In and of itself, this is no problem, I mean a cup and a half meal made up of a lean Protein and steamed vegies is hardly unhealthy or fattening. But its the appetite that comes along with it - I find if I can eat this much I'm also getting hungry quickly and, not feeling satisfied, heading towards sweet carb foods again.

I'm not losing or gaining so I no longer guage it by weight loss but I can foresee gaining a couple of pounds if I keep eating as much as I am at the moment.

I'm with MollyMolly, It's more how long I stay full then how much I can eat. I'm ready for a fill now but I have revision surgery on the 9th (not band) and have to wait.

I can eat 2 cups before a fill....I have eaten 2 sandwiches before a fill after 3 fills...On my way for a 4th fill this Friday I hope...

I'm with MollyMolly, It's more how long I stay full then how much I can eat. I'm ready for a fill now but I have revision surgery on the 9th (not band) and have to wait.

wow it looks like you are doing well with your wieght can I be nosy and ask why revision surgery (talking about sleeve i think). Just gathering info incase something every happens with my band. If you don't want to answer it all good but good luck on your journey no matter what!

wow it looks like you are doing well with your wieght can I be nosy and ask why revision surgery (talking about sleeve i think). Just gathering info incase something every happens with my band. If you don't want to answer it all good but good luck on your journey no matter what!
OH NO! I should have been more clear, I had my breast done. Breast lift before the band and had to add implants after some of the weight loss. My revision surgery was for the breast lift. All of my loss has been with the band. So far so good.

my last fill was in June and I have been great until about 2weeks ago... I can easily eat a cup to a cup and a half of food and I'm scared of stretching my pouch. In the evening is when I can eat the most and yes, I feel way hungrier than ever before. Just trying to stay calm til my fill on the 28th!:thumbup:

By sweet spot do u mean the point @ which you loose 2 lbs a week consectatively? If so i havent reach it yet!

I'm only suppose to eat 4 oz per meal (weighing food) but I find it takes 5 to 7 oz to fill me up for 4 hours. I am going in for a fill next week. I have only lost 2 pounds the last 3 weeks. I am eating to many carbs-I need to get back on track.:(

Hard to answer but I needed a fill for a couple of months so I think I could have eaten a whole cow!! Now less than a cup for sure...to me thats the sweet spot. I dont go by how much I lose but how if I eat more than prob 3/4 of a cup I am in trouble!

I know I am eating the right stuff and the right quantities so the weight loss will follow...