Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PS consult tomorrow!

I am kind of nervous! I know that I need to have a hernia repaired so my surgeon thought that he could fix it while I am getting a Tummy Tuck to avoid a second surgery and extra scars........ so that has moved my timeline up for surgery considerably. I really want to lose at least 25 more lbs before I have anything done though. It is a female ps which I am very pleased about. I would like a LBL - my front half isn't nearly as bad as my backside but the front is where the hernia is. My thighs are a scary wreck - really they make me want to cry. My arms are also something I want to ask her about - I am most self-conscious about them. My breasts are last on my list somehow because they look "ok" in a bra - I would like a lift at some point. I keep feeling like the ps is going to take one look at me and me like "sorry there is nothing that can be done for you" - I know that is just body issues rearing its ugly head.

I am kind of nervous! I know that I need to have a hernia repaired so my surgeon thought that he could fix it while I am getting a Tummy Tuck to avoid a second surgery and extra scars........ so that has moved my timeline up for surgery considerably. I really want to lose at least 25 more lbs before I have anything done though. It is a female ps which I am very pleased about. I would like a LBL - my front half isn't nearly as bad as my backside but the front is where the hernia is. My thighs are a scary wreck - really they make me want to cry. My arms are also something I want to ask her about - I am most self-conscious about them. My breasts are last on my list somehow because they look "ok" in a bra - I would like a lift at some point. I keep feeling like the ps is going to take one look at me and me like "sorry there is nothing that can be done for you" - I know that is just body issues rearing its ugly head.

My consult is on Friday so I am totally feeling the nervous butterflies. I actually had a dream last night where the doc said that there was nothing he could do for me even though my lap band doc has told me that the results will be drastic. Always the fears though! My tummy is my absolute worse. My thighs and back are alright but the breasts, arms and tummy are just repulsive. However I had to prioritize due to finances and the tummy has to go first. It is really causing back pain and mental anguish!

Good luck and keep us informed.

It went well today -- I really liked the surgeon. I am going to go for the lower body lift in a first surgery and then think about the arms and breasts at a later date (maybe lift and reduction). I am going to try to lose 25-30lbs and then come back to schedule probably aim for the fall. I will have drains and a pain pump. She told me I should plan on taking 2-3 weeks off from work. Exercise is ok after 4 weeks but no spinning or intense exercise until 6 weeks. Something interesting she said was that she reccomends waiting until after summer because of the drains (instead of dealing with that in the heat). I had never thought about that before. I should get some insurance coverage because of my hernia.

Tomorrow is my follow-up appointment with the PS. I had wanted to lose 25lbs since the consult in March but I am only down slightly under 20. I am planning to have the surgery in September so I guess there is still time. Feel kind of nervous and hope that I will get a surgery date tomorrow.

Best of luck tomorrow karen and heck yes.... 5 pounds in two months should be a piece of cake after all you've been through!