Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last meal before liquid diet?

Tomorrow is my pre-op and i'm starting to get really nervous and excited! I bought all the recommended items and then some that was listed on a thread I saw a week or so ago. Tomorrow is going to be my last day before I go on a clear liquid diet. So i'm sitting here wondering what will my last solid meal be? What was your guys last solid meal before going on the liquid diet? Thankfully I only have to do a liquid diet the day before surgey! :)

I ate like a pig. I think that week I hit every place in town and ate all my favorite foods at home.

Made me sick! But doing that caused me to NOT want anything...for quite a long time. I never went through what some do...longing for something and can't have it.

Let us know what you decide.

well I already know what my last one will be. See I only eat chicken, fish, & turkey and there is this place that sells chicken nacho's which of course the chicken is grilled or something and it is so good... I don't really eat bad foods... It is more or less the snacks... like the hotess chocolate cream filled cup cakes... twinkies.. twizzlers, reecie pieces, Peanut Butter cups, kit-kats, chips, ok i think im going to have a funeral and i am literally going to buy all of the crap that i use to enjoy eating and im going to open it and put in all in a empty box even though im not going to eat the crap im going to keep the receipt with the picture i take of the Snacks and just keep reminding myself about all of the money i will be saving myself...

:drool:My operation is on April the 11th....I want Sushi first, then Mexican food from a good restaurant (not taco bell haha).....Hmm then maybe some Italian from Olive Garden..:)

I finally got my date, 4/23/08, and I was thinking of the same thing!

We went to our favorite steak house and I had a big piece of prime rib....it was delicious. Even had appetizers and dessert, which we never do!

I have no regrets and have done great on the pre-op and the week of post-op so far!

I never got a chance to have a 'fast supper' so to speak. I went to my doctor on a Monday afternoon (left dinner cooking in the slow cooker, because it takes a while to get back home), and the doc booked by surgery in for a month down the track, which meant i was to start my liquid diet the next day!

I seriously contemplated giving the casserole to the dog and going out for a nice meal, but it seemed like a waste, so red wine casserole it was!!

I've already got my last meal planned. It's going to be Steak and a big fat baked potato. I am going to eet like a queen! :biggrin:

Yeah, now that I think about it..... if you can eat foods again a week or so later.... shouldn't you eat things that you WON'T be able to eat again, or there's a big possibilty?

If that's the case, hamburgers...loaded. RoastBeef sandwiches. Crunchwrap/ Cheesy Beefy Melt -Taco Bell.

Those are the only things I won't even attempt to eat now...they get stuck no matter how tiny of a bite I take or how much I chew.

I am still in the process of getting approved and a date but have already started this list in my head. My doc said he makes you do a two week diet before surgery of two slim fast shakes and a "sensible meal for dinner". So my unsensible meals for only the week before I start that will be as follows:

Breakfast: doughnuts. 1 every morning, chocolate kind, cream filled and powdered filled with blueberry or raspberry.

Lunch:

Double Whopper, no onions, fries, diet coke and a crispy chicken sandwich from Burger King.

Double cheeseburger, no onions, fries, fry sauce and a diet coke at Crown Burger.

12" Turkey Avacodo sandwich, with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, olives, mayo, peppercorn ranch dressing and mustard with a Diet Dr. Pepper at Blimpie and followed by a Maverick macadamia nut cookie.

Fire Grilled Steak Burritto, hot, enchiladea style, avacodo on the side at Cafe Rio with a Diet Dr. Pepper.

Barbacoa Beef Burritto at Barbecoa, black Beans, two types of salsa, guacamole (these burritoes weigh about 3 pds each)

Dinner:

Big plate of spaghetti and meatballs, with garlic bread, wine and cheesecake for dessert.

Hawaiian Barbecue chicken Pizze, a cheese pull apart and a bucket of ranch dressing, and a liter of diet pepsi.

Sushi from Jasmine's in Salt Lake City (yum) and plum wine.

Ribeye steak, fried potatoes with ketchup, cheesy broccoli, baked potatoe loaded with cheese and sour cream. Drink: a good stiff (or a few) rum and diet pepsi

Chicken Fettichinni Alfredo from Olive Garden, all you can eat breadsticks (pass on the salad, can have that after) and a nice wine.

Ok, now I am really hungry. Each of these meals will be a farewell to what I love so much and hate for having such a hold on me. I will not be eating them after being banded due to them being just really unhealthy, hard to chew and not worth the effort or to bready, carby for the band.

Don't you mean meals (plural), lol. I focused on things that I thought I wouldn't be able to eat again, like steak, ribs, sandwiches, pizza, chicken...you name it, I had it.

What was your guys last solid meal before going on the liquid diet? Thankfully I only have to do a liquid diet the day before surgey! :)
I was just ready to be done eating, so mine had no pomp or circumstance. I think it was something stupid like BLTs and cottage cheese in front of the TV watching Jackie Chan's "Around the World in 80 Days" (DH picked it).

i wish i didnt go happy eating all the junk i ate before surgery!!!!

i had a variety of all greasy fried food... which i gained like 10lbs... so in my opinion (now that i look back) it is really pointless...

I dont even miss bread or soda or steak.... my tastes have changed... but it really is up to you....

If you do dont go to crazy like i did... Man was i sick for a couple of days after i did that!!!:)