Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

The commercials for the realize band shows that the doctor will 'guide you through and be there for you". I don't feel that way about Dr. Schmitt's office - normally it's the routine "What do you eat.....how are you doing" but don't feel like the concern is truly there...almost like a factory line.

I've only lost 50 lbs since my surgery on Dec. 31st.....but the truth is - I haven't had the umph to diet and exercise due to several personal issues I had in the last 6 months. . . . I've decided to stop using this "excuse" and start putting my band to good use.

I get discouraged when I see how much weight everyone else has lost and they had the surgery AFTER I did, but I have noticed that the lost lbs includes pre-op dieting for some. My weight loss has been from the day I got rolled back into the operating room until today. Who knows....

I'm just venting a little - sorry if this is discouraging...I need to read the boards more...huh?

God bless and good luck to all of you!! :thumbup:

The commercials for the realize band shows that the doctor will 'guide you through and be there for you". I don't feel that way about Dr. Schmitt's office - normally it's the routine "What do you eat.....how are you doing" but don't feel like the concern is truly there...almost like a factory line.

I've only lost 50 lbs since my surgery on Dec. 31st.....but the truth is - I haven't had the umph to diet and exercise due to several personal issues I had in the last 6 months. . . . I've decided to stop using this "excuse" and start putting my band to good use.

I get discouraged when I see how much weight everyone else has lost and they had the surgery AFTER I did, but I have noticed that the lost lbs includes pre-op dieting for some. My weight loss has been from the day I got rolled back into the operating room until today. Who knows....

I'm just venting a little - sorry if this is discouraging...I need to read the boards more...huh?

God bless and good luck to all of you!! :)

im sorry you feel that way janet. so far i have had only but good luck with them. i us dr.miles but the same office. dr.miles sat down with me and told me everything i wanted to know with the realize band. my big problem so far with it is the web site. i can seem to type anything in the food section. where it has Breakfast,lunch dinner at. it want let me type in what i have eaten.

and 50pounds in the last 8 months isnt bad at all. im they only want you to lose 1-3 pounds a week. so your doing great. how much do you have in your band now. i go for my first fill oct. the 8th. but im still doing good right now.

hope everything go's good for you, and things get better for you in the office.

jason r :biggrin:

quick question for you ladies and guys. i was sitting here wanting some pickles yes that right pickles. and im was wondering if that would be ok to eat on the mushie food stage. you know the hambuger sliced dill pikles. just dont eat the skin. i love them, they have no fat in them. so let me know what you think.

jason r

Thank you Shawana and April for clueing me in on the nutrician visit and pre-op visit. Your answers will allow me to have less anixety over it.

Great Job everyone. :thumbup: Great job lose-ing. Bravo-Bravo

Crazygirl I am saying a little prayer for you today. And Aprilapple-I will say a little prayer for you also-tomorrow. I am so happy for you! I will be thinking about ya'll until we hear from ya'll again on how the surgeries went.

Hi Aprilapple!

Good luck tomorrow! It's going to be a great day for you! My birthday and your B-day!

Jason ~ pickles sound really good right about now! I'm really proud for you right now. I just noticed your ticker! WTG!

Thanks ya'll for thinking about me. This Clear Liquids kinda sucks. I bought Emeril's Soup stock. It tastes ok but Idon't like the smell.:smile: Is the broth from the soup at chic fil a a clear liquid? :huh2:

How long should I wait to take some more fleet if it is not working?:frown:

basicly anything you can see through at room temp is a clear liquid.

any stock our broth sucks. just get you some soup like chicken soup and use the broth in it, alot better.

and if your fleet hasnt work yet take another 3 tablespoons. its after 3 hours if it isn't working.:redface:

Jason ~ pickles sound really good right about now! I'm really proud for you right now. I just noticed your ticker! WTG!

now i didnt lose all that after surgery only 23.6 pounds of it. and thanks

Great to see everyone still kicking.

I will be thinking about you today aprilapple!!

Jason - you are kickin booty!! Be careful with the pickles they are sooo high in sodium and it might cause you to retain some the Fluid you are taking in. I love them too!!

All is still decent with this fill (my 3rd). I have had a few days where I had to fight the head hunger demons, but I am starting to learn my band. I am still wondering about portions though. Does anyone know the optimal portion size for a band patient?

I am hoping to be at the next support group meeting. My nephew is getting married that day, but I think I will have time to make the meeting too. How come the bypass patients get more than 1 day a month for support group? I wish we had a choice of another day besided Saturday. I have so much going on Saturdays. It would be easier to do go on a weekday night.

Great to see everyone doing well! Let us know how everything went aprilapple!

=)

Shawna

good luck today april! i know you will do great.

ford, i haven't got any yet. iwas just wondering if it would be ok to eat on mushie food. like as a snack.< /p>

Edited by JASON R

All is still decent with this fill (my 3rd). I have had a few days where I had to fight the head hunger demons, but I am starting to learn my band. I am still wondering about portions though. Does anyone know the optimal portion size for a band patient?

=)

Shawna

It is supposed to be 1 cup of food total.

Does anyone know the optimal portion size for a band patient?

]

They say 3 oz... but that's hard to measure sometimes. I know on my most recent fill, Lisa asked me was I able to eat an entire chicken breast. Of course, I was like YEAAA.. I'm feeling the restriction in the fact that I have to eat very slow and chew chew chew or it gets stuck. But not at the point where the hunger is decreasing. Maybe I'm dealing with head hunger too but it's tough. I started back on metformin (PCOS) and it's kicking my tail. Between that and being on vacation for a week, I'm having a hard time getting motivated. I did go to the gym twice so far this week and walked on the tread mill for 30 mins. I'm so ready to see the scale moving again!!! But I know it's not going to do it without me working for it!

April... how did things go? We are anxious to hear from you!

Congrads Jason! You're doing great!! Do what the doctor says!

Hey yall I'm ba-ack! My surgery went well. I had to wait a little longer because the surgery before me went over time. But that was ok. All of the nurses were really great to me. I am at home and gas is literally about to take me out! The gas x strips are not working. Omg! What can I do? I am doing a lot of walking. I have never had gas pains like this. If only it would pass from the right end! Help. Any suggestions? I know I'm not getting enough liquids but the gas hurts too bad:0( but I must say that I am so proud of myself. Thanks to all of my friends here for thinking about me!

april, walk walk walk as much as you can. thats what helped me out. and congrats and welcome to the band world.

on a side not. i start to have a sharp pain every now and then today. its below my big incicion and to the left some. when you feel it it semms to be like a 2 inch long and round. dosent feel like a port to me. so i was wondering if anyone else had this at one time. its not like it hurts all the time just every now and then. i guess i might call the doc and ask them.

Congrats AA!! Like Jason said, walk walk walk. I used gas x strips like candy and I never really had any gas pain that was unbearable but the pains I did have, I could walk and they would go away.

Jason - sounds like the muscles around the port are sore but wouldn't hurt to call and be sure!!