Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Oh Wendy, you poor thing! I don't really know what pb stands for but it sounds terrible!

Di4UA, I too am a fast eater and I trying to work on that now, but I have had years to create this really bad habit and it really takes concentration on my part to keep from scarfing it down as ususal. I also wanted to thank you for the info on the support group meeting, I just casually mentioned it to my daughter and she sounded as if she would like to go with me! I would so love to meet all of you there, you have already been so helpful in just a short time!

I too love the information here, thanks to everyone for your input and I would love to hear it all!! lol

Smiles,

Patricia

Well I'm finally feeling normal again. I never knew PB'ing would be THAT bad. I don't mean to dwell on the negative experience.. I just really don't want it to happen to any of y'all! I was sick for about an hour and half... pb'ed 3 times and then threw up 3 times. For the next 20 hours or so, I felt like a wild cat had gotten into my throat. I woke up all night last night with my throat in pain. I had to continually drink Water to keep it from hurting. Today has been fine but be assured... I have chewed the food WELL!!!!!

On a positive note, I've lost 5 lbs this week. I had gained 2 during the 4th of July weekend so I love those plus 3 more. I'm getting ever so close to the 70's... to bad it's not 170 haha but it'll come in time!!

How's everyone doing? Question... are y'all taking daily Vitamins? ?

Oh Wendy, you poor thing! I don't really know what pb stands for but it sounds terrible!

Hi Patricia! PBing stands for Productive Burping... when food isn't chewed good or it's just not a good choice for you... (Different people have different things they can't eat.. bread, chicken, etc... and some have no problem foods) ..anyway.. when it gets really stuck, it has to come up or do down. I've had a few times that I would hurt but it would go away in a minute or two.. but this time it wouldn't go away. It felt like I was going to throw up but it was actually more like a burp with food coming up... and when it came up it was OBVIOUS that I hadn't chewed it good enough. Hope I haven't grossed anyone out too bad! :biggrin:

thats good to know. i didnt know what it was either. and know you didnt gross me out.

on a site note 45 more days until i get banded!

and where do you all get the things you got at the bottom of your post. thanks

The countdown is on Jason!!! I know you're excited!!

tickerfactory.com is where i got the ticker to track the weight loss. They have LOTS of them to choose from.

thanks after asking that. i seen where it said tickerfactory.com.lol

and yes the count down is on its way.

Di4UA, I too am a fast eater and I trying to work on that now, but I have had years to create this really bad habit and it really takes concentration on my part to keep from scarfing it down as ususal. I also wanted to thank you for the info on the support group meeting, I just casually mentioned it to my daughter and she sounded as if she would like to go with me! I would so love to meet all of you there, you have already been so helpful in just a short time!

I too love the information here, thanks to everyone for your input and I would love to hear it all!! lol

Smiles,

Patricia

Patricia, there is a seminar before the support group meeting if your daughter has not been to one. I'm not sure of the time, but probably 9:00.

I finally got in touch with naomi on Friday. She confirmed that she had sent my paperwork to bc bs at least a week before. I called bc bs today and they said that they received my file on the 12th and that it could take 4 weeks for an answer! :cursing::angry_smile: How long did it take for bc bs to approve you all after they received your paperwork?

I finally got in touch with naomi on Friday. She confirmed that she had sent my paperwork to bc bs at least a week before. I called bc bs today and they said that they received my file on the 12th and that it could take 4 weeks for an answer! :cursing::angry_smile: How long did it take for bc bs to approve you all after they received your paperwork?

Congrats on getting it submitted! Mine took about 2 weeks I think. Let's hope yours gets approved soon! They always say 4 weeks...

Grace, was yours approved two weeks after they received the paperwork or two weeks from the time Naomi sent it off?

2 weeks from when I sent my final paperwork to Neoami. I assume she sent it in very soon after I got it all to her.

mine took about 2 weeks from when she sent it off. but bc/bs dosent do it. they hire carewise to approve it for them. so look for a letter with shps on it. and that will be it. well at least with me it was.

Wendy -- Had my 2nd PB experience on Sunday... just like yours. I threw up -- No PB -- about 4-5 times before I could get up what was stuck. I have GOT to learn to pay more attention in social situations. It was awful. The PB I had before was a cake walk, one little burp and up it came. This last episode was projectile, better get somewhere throwing up. Not a pretty picture, especially since we were eating out! Live and learn!

Well guys, I went back on Monday for another fill. I hope this is the one. It certainly seems to be. I am finally satisfied for longer than 2 hours. I have also lost another 3 pounds as of today. I am so psyched.

We have had to move our running outdoors to the Y since the heat is starting to get to us (I say us because I make my 2 teenagers do it with me -- mean old mom). Yesterday was the 1st time and it is definitely something I could get used to...air conditioning and the treadmill was definitely a lot easier on my knees and hips. They are also offering a bunch of classes like a cycling class and even a Samba class. I am fired up to try one of those.

I am just full to the brim today of what a blessing this band has already been in my life. I did, however, have a twinge of fear this morning when I thought of losing all this weight. Not sure where that came from. I guess after wishing so hard for it all my life, it is becoming a reality and that makes it somewhat surreal.

One last thing, has anyone turned into a real b*#@tch since starting this? Man, my hormones must really be whacked out with all this stuff. I'm fine one minute and then BLAM, I'm going off the deep end about absolutely nothing. I know I have read a couple of Kat's posts where her doctor says it has something to do with the estrogen during weight loss. I just wondered if it is just me.

Di4AU, Fordgal... let us know what's happening with you this week.

Hi everyone!!

I am pretty much at a standstill for now, but I have been doing better with my Water intake! I am really happy about that. This weekend we are going to Spring Valley Beach (yep me in a bathing suit) for a "Staycation" since it is so close to where we live. My son and I are going to see Mama Mia Friday night (we both have seen the play - so were psyched about the movie).

I go for my next fill on Monday! I hope to have your luck Southrn. I eat and 2 hours later I am hungry. Oh, how do you all do with eggs? I couldnt understand why everyone said that they could not eat them... Well now I do!! I was at work and decided to have some eggs with a piece of bacon crushed up in them. Well about 1/2 way through I was stuffed. I got back to my office and it just kept getting tighter and tighter. Finally I gave in and threw it all up! Talk about ruining my day! It was awful!

A good thing is I finally saw the difference yesterday. I am attaching some pictures (attempting). My Drivers License picture was taken about 3 weeks before surgery and the other is my work badge that was taken yesterday!!

post-33424-1381366685148_thumb.jpg

:)

post-226656-13813137346847_thumb.jpg

Wow, you can really tell a difference Shawna!

You other girls, EAT SLOWLY AND CHEW CHEW CHEW!!:)

I still have a couple weeks before my second fill. I seem to get hungry now, where I never did before my first fill. But, so far I'm managing. Whenever my stomach starts growling I drink more Water. Not very satisfying, but at least it stops the noises. I've been burning the candle at both ends lately, so haven't been getting my proper exercise. Things should get back to normal this weekend, so maybe I can get back in the groove.