Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

I am a retired psych nurse and when I worked I had a lot of patients that were on Zoloft. It's an effective and well tolerated drug. It won't make you gain weight! It is used for anxiety, panic disorders, premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD). Some women get relief from PMDD right away and others require a little longer. In the last 15 years, it has been found to be a safe drug. If you want to know more about it, go to www.zoloft.com. Good luck. Hope to see you at support this month.

what is the turkey day challenge?

Hi Everyone,

I went to Dr. Miles this week for my first fill since having the surgery to remove the scar tissue. I was so relieved to see that he was able to pull Fluid out and then put it all back in. This is the first time since my surgery that I feel restriction. I can't eat nearly as much and it feels good to finally be on track. I hope everyone is doing well.

Deb

what is the turkey day challenge?

We do mini wt loss challenges like make short term goals and the next one ends on Thanksgiving.

Heres the link if youre interested.......http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/turkey-day-challenge-2009-a-100905/index15.html#post1357836

In that same forum area I went ahead and started one for Valentines day for all that are interested!!!!!

Edited by kaninag

Glad you are doing good Deb. Now you can be on your way to your goal.

So far so good with the Zoloft. My hunger did seem to subside almost immediately. So now I am back to "normal" (whatever that is).

Wow Kanina, looks like you are on a roll! You go girl! 95lbs is AWESOME!!

Time to start prepping for Thanksgiving. So for those of you who are celebrating your first "banded" holiday, how are preparing yourself? Just bringing the idea to light, cuz I know that sometimes I forget that others look to this board for advice and information.

I can say my first holiday season went okay. I just sampled all of my favorites (maybe a tsp of each). It is funny when I think about how my plates used to look at Thanksgiving. Then to think I would go back for 2nds and 3rds.

Well I hope everyone has a great day!!

=)

Shawna

Glad you are doing good Deb. Now you can be on your way to your goal.

So far so good with the Zoloft. My hunger did seem to subside almost immediately. So now I am back to "normal" (whatever that is).

Wow Kanina, looks like you are on a roll! You go girl! 95lbs is AWESOME!!

Time to start prepping for Thanksgiving. So for those of you who are celebrating your first "banded" holiday, how are preparing yourself? Just bringing the idea to light, cuz I know that sometimes I forget that others look to this board for advice and information.

I can say my first holiday season went okay. I just sampled all of my favorites (maybe a tsp of each). It is funny when I think about how my plates used to look at Thanksgiving. Then to think I would go back for 2nds and 3rds.

Well I hope everyone has a great day!!

=)

Shawna

HAHA, yeah my wt loss just comes in spurts I dont really understand it myself.

Everyone must be doing great its been so quiet on here :tongue_smilie:

I know me personally for the holidays I make sure I get my turkey first and then I pick like 2 or 3 other things that I just gotta have and then I say Im gonna have a bite of dessert but I know last year all I ate was my turkey not all of my family members know I have had surgery and tomorrow I will see my husbands granddad whom I havent seen in about 2 years so it will be interesting the comments that come across but if they ask I'll tell I dont mind anymore!!!

It was funny last year to see my plate compared to everyone elses....I prob didnt have 1/3 of my plate covered with food and I know several of my family members had 2 plates piled high I was like WOW that used to be me!!!

On a side note I called the plastic surgeon today 3400 for brachioplasty...if I have the equity on my second mortgage which I am sure we do I may be having this done in january!!! KEEP your fingers crossed!!!!!

Good Morning Everyone! It's a sunny day here in Ragland and I'm feeling fine. I am still losing but it's so slow! Guess I will have to get use to it. I go for my third fill on Wednesday and am hoping to feel some sort of restriction this time. I haven't felt one yet and any weight loss has been my own determination.

I am hoping that Dr Miles will let me start my exercise now. He said that b/c I had so much problems with my legs and breathing to wait until I had lost about 40-50 pounds. I am on top of 40 pounds now and this armchair exercise isn't enough. I joined the YMCA and wanted to start some sort of Water exercise but you have to actually GO there to be able to use it and my life isn't my own right now. Maybe next week.

I am looking forward to T'givings and planning to eat turkey and maybe a tablespoon of dressing. No dessert for me! I have sworn off sweets. The funny thing about me is that when I see excessive amounts of foods, it turns me off from wanting to eat very much. My family will make up the difference for me.

I will be at support group on the 21st and hope to see everyone there. Take care and have a good week.

WELL.......I finally went back to my doc and had a slight unfill....I REALLY REALLY didnt want to but when you cant even get down mashed potatoes comfortably I knew it was time...I guess all those antibiotics really screwed my stomach up....he only took out .25cc which I was grateful for because I can already tell a difference. I just hope its for the better and I dont start gaining again!

Haven't checked in in a long time........I have 4 days to loose 2 pounds to make it an even 100 in 1 yr

WOW that is a lot of weight. 40 left to go.

Hope all has been doing good. We have been working a lot of hrs.

Couldn't have lost the weght without the band and support of everyone.

I haven't posted lately, had my banderversy on the 11th. I have lost 76 pounds. Too busy at work and too tired when I get home to exercise. I need to just stop by the track on the way home and walk for 30 min. I need to do something. Anyone know of any good exercises for flabby arms??? I would like to do a bit of something with them be4 next summer....

Anyway just thought I would bebop in here as I haven't been posting lately. I miss checking the internet at work but we have been slammmmmmed!!!!

According to Lisa's records, I am down 52 pounds and have 6.75cc in my band as of today. Yeah me!

I went to church tonight for a covered dish supper and got stuck! Of all places for it to happen. Of course, it helps that there were four other banders there tonight and they told me what to do. Took awhile to get relief.

I got a fill today and Lisa tells me that it's not necessary to go back on liquids but after getting stuck & slimming for awhile, I'm on liquids until at least Saturday, no matter what. I hate that pain...

I am proud of myself and feel that I'm on the right track. I went to see my PCP yesterday and he was so proud of me. He was smiling from ear to ear. He's already talking about more surgeries to remove all the loose skin I'll have eventually. He admitted that when he suggested it, he didn't think I would go through with it and is so happy that I did. Already he is seeing improvement in my health. In fact, he took me off two of my meds. Hurray!

Hope to see somebody at group this Saturday.

its good to see everybody doing good on here and lolly WAY TO GO

According to Lisa's records, I am down 52 pounds and have 6.75cc in my band as of today. Yeah me!

I went to church tonight for a covered dish supper and got stuck! Of all places for it to happen. Of course, it helps that there were four other banders there tonight and they told me what to do. Took awhile to get relief.

I got a fill today and Lisa tells me that it's not necessary to go back on liquids but after getting stuck & slimming for awhile, I'm on liquids until at least Saturday, no matter what. I hate that pain...

I am proud of myself and feel that I'm on the right track. I went to see my PCP yesterday and he was so proud of me. He was smiling from ear to ear. He's already talking about more surgeries to remove all the loose skin I'll have eventually. He admitted that when he suggested it, he didn't think I would go through with it and is so happy that I did. Already he is seeing improvement in my health. In fact, he took me off two of my meds. Hurray!

Hope to see somebody at group this Saturday.

Way to go Lolly. I have 6 ccs now and I'm having to learn how to eat without food getting stuck. I've been on a trip for a few days and have discovered that it is difficult at the airport to find anything to eat. bread gives me fits so I've pretty much given it up. Thank goodness for Peanut Butter and crackers. I've been in Philadelphia for a conference and walked my feet off. My docs should be happy with all the exercise I got. I'm thinking if I lived in a big city, I wouldn't have to worry about exercise...I'd get plenty but then again I like the quietness of the country.

Busdriver (Kristi) and I were at group today. We missed the rest of you of course. They had a plastic surgeon that does body sculpturing as the guest speaker. Dr. Al Cohn. Very nice man and very informative. The before/after pictures were really revealing.

Next month they are having a clothes sale in the hallway if you have any clothes for sale.

Veronica has decided NOT to have the fair that she talked about last month. Only four people emailed her to offer help, so she isn't having it for now.

The room was really full today with people that came to the seminar. Post-op people were only about a 1/3 of the room and the rest were all pre-ops. I love hearing everyone's story of their journey.

Well, it's bedtime....church tomorrow. Take care everyone.