Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Can You Eat At...........

Kat, I drink OJ all the time, but can't do a baked potato, which is not a bad thing, LOL.

We had lunch at UNO's today, had to go spit after the first bite, errr, I was so hungry too! They have an awesome Soup bar for lunch now too, but it ended at three, we got there at 3:15 AND the bar was still out, but they wouldn't let me order it, I was pissed.

I eat out at least 5 times a week, sometimes more than that, still don't know why we put in a kitchen. I always bring food home, so that takes care of dinner :).

Grace it doesn't sound like you've had much luck dining out :) However that might be a good thing considering how successful you have been with the band! I haven't gotten my band yet and so I'm really curious about what I can and cannot eat, especially since I love bread so much right now...

...Does sliming it up mean vomiting??

Sliming is my stop signal. And it doesn't hurt a bit...as in pain. Some will tell you that sliming is bad and bad for the band.

No, vomiting is not the same as sliming. Everyone has slime, banded or not. But those w/ restriction feel it more as the food sits there longer, causing slime to build up...rather than take the food on down to the stomach.

I just cut me off a piece of Turtle pie...icecream, caramel, chocolate, and a cookie crumb....oooh pecans, too. After 4 bites it to the sink. Slimed it up...but boy was it good!

The only food I avoid like the plague is :

Crunchwraps from Taco Bell...now add the Cheesy Beefy Melt to that list.

Hamburgers from anywhere

Pepsi

Roast Beef Sandwiches from Arbys

those things get stuck and hurt! Pepsi just foams up...irritating but whatever, I can live without it.

Thanks for the intersting thread!

Carrabas-went 1 time, had salad

Outback Steakhouse-go all the time, salad with ahai tuna, ummmm

A Chinese Restaurant-YUK

Applebees-salad, chili, desert

Macaroni Grill-we don't have one here

Red Robin-went once, small side salad

Ruby Tuesday-white chili and salad bar

Wendy's-side salad and chili, lots of chili, my fav chili

McDonalds-never unless it's ice cream

Chick F La-large chicken noodle Soup, just like homemade

Panera's-salad and soup

Atlanta bread Company-not in this location

Subway-salad consisting of spinach, cheese, and dressing

Can you Eat pizza? NY Style I eat the topping off :) no crust, ever

Carrabas - soup

Outback Steakhouse - Potato Soup, sweet potatoes, veggies, couple bites of my hubby's protein

A Chinese Restaurant - won ton soup, couple bites of chicken

Applebees - soup, chips & queso, mini sundae dessert

macaroni Grill - soup, couple bites of husbands entree

Red Robin - chili, french onion soup, chips & queso

Ruby Tuesday - soup, salad bar

Wendy's - chili, baked potato

McDonalds - don't eat here anymore but if I did, probably would try a salad.

Chick F La - don't eat here anymore but I tried a salad once but couldn't eat the chicken.< /span>

Panera's - soup! I love their soup. I can also eat turkey from a sandwich (no bread)

Atlanta bread Company - soup, salad

Subway - soup, salad w/tuna

Can you Eat pizza? NY Style. Nope, can't eat it. Sometimes I can eat a 1/2 slice of very thin pizza

I Am Of Cuban Heritage And My Family Eats Alot Of:

White Rice

Black Beans/red Beans

Plantains (green & Yellow Ones, Boiled & Fried)

We Also Enjoy, Arepas

Tropical fruit Milk shakes, Like Mamey Or Papaya

Can Anyone Eat These Items??????

Keep The Replies Coming, I Love To Hear Everyone's Experiences.

Rice is one of the things I can eat very little of. It is like it keeps growing once I eat it!! A couple of tablespoons literally is a meal. So I don't do much rice.

I can eat Beans of any kind, without issue.

I ate fried plantains once years ago, from what I remember of the texture it would not be a problem for me, but I have not eaten any since being banded.

Milkshakes are no different from Protein shakes in my ability to have them.

I have no idea what arepas are--I am so sorry! I feel like zero help here!!!

You will have to let us know, and let us know what you can and cannot manage to eat of your culturally based foods.

Kat

Cereal.....I try to eat it, because of the fiber! But I can only eat a small amount---maybe 1/2 cup Cereal max. I eat Honey Bunches of Oats, 1 shredded wheat biscuit, Grapenuts, Cheerios....I usually use a packet of Sweet & Low, and 2% milk.

Other mornings I eat yogurt, and I toss about 1/4 of a cup of granola in my yogurt.

I will also use the bite size shredded wheat as a snack, if I am feeling a need to munch, because I can always use the Fiber, to keep things regular....if ya get my drift!!!

I can eat hot cereals---small amounts again. One envelope of instant oatmeal is way more than enough....I usually don't finish it all. So about the same amount of Cream of Wheat does it for me.

The hot cereals don't stay with me for some reason like the cold does, if I eat hot cereal, I am not full for a long time. Not sure if it is the warmth and the mushie together, allows it to pass quickly or what.

Eggs---I can eat them most ways if I am careful. I used to have a hard time with them scrambled, but not anymore. It seems they go easier if I have some thing scrambled in with them---like a bit of meat---ham, sausage---or maybe some onion and peppers, and a bit of cheese, make it more omelet like. The additional food seems to make it break down easier and I am able to chew it to a better consistency before swallowing it.

Hard boiled might be too dry--I don't know....I don't like them so have not tried them!

Breakfast is harder for me. I am tighter in the AM. I try to get something eaten though, as I have heard to need to in order to get your metabolism woke up so to speak.

I am no expert, so I don't know----just going by what works!!!

Kat

Carrabas - spicy chicken Soup ... YUM

Outback Steakhouse - smallest ribeye they have and it takes 2-3 additional meals to eat

A Chinese Restaurant - i go to traditional Chinese rests, chicken w/ straw mushrooms, sweet & sour cod (DD loves it, i have 1-2 chunks), roast pork, BBQ pork

Applebees - like thier WW french onion soup

macaroni Grill - spicy salmon w/ mushroom risotto (3 meals)

Red Robin - mushroom swiss burger no bun

Ruby Tuesday - never been

Wendy's - CHILI!!!!

McDonalds - ewww

Chick Fil A - chicken nuggets no sauce or a cold wrap (2 meals)

Panera's - only go for b'fast, egg and sausage patty

Atlanta bread Company - same as above

Subway - havent been since banded

Can you Eat pizza? NY Style - thick crust wont go down now, super thin i now love.

i'm not on a 'diet' per se... i think its a bad idea to restrict something completely from your diet.

good luck

Carrabas - never been there

Outback Steakhouse - Alice Springs chicken

A Chinese Restaurant - I haven't been able to find a chinese restaurant to eat at. I have found that the chicken is just too tough and I have to chew until my jaws are sore, so I stay away.

Applebees - spinach & artichoke dip is my favorite!!! I eat is way too much! I usually eat all the dip and 1/3 of the chips. The french onion Soup with the cheese melted on top is good too!

Macaroni Grill - never been there

Red Robin - never been there

Ruby Tuesday - salad bar or an appetizer

Wendy's - love the chili! sometimes chicken nuggets

McDonalds - I try to avoid it, but if I go, I get either the fruit & walnut salad snack or a fruit & yogurt parfait

Chick Fil A - haven't been since being banded, but heard the chicken noodle soup was good!

Panera's - never been there

Atlanta bread Company - never been there

Subway - haven't been since being banded

Can you Eat pizza? NY Style - thin crust does okay

nana - I can eat about half an arepa. Same with tamales. About half of one. Rice also gives me problems. I can eat a few tablespoons of it mixed with the Beans. Umm, plaintains are like potatoes for me. If you chew them well you won't have a problem with them.

Okay for any of you that might also like authentic mexican food and are wondering about if you'll still be able to eat it:

Menudo - I can have a small bowl. I chew the heck out of the meat but you really can't break it down too much. But I'm not that tight.

Tripas - I can have like one taco if they are cooked really crispy. If they are super chewy then I can just have one bite and I'm done.

Chicharrones - yum... these go down oh so easy...

Birria - I chew it well and I can have a small serving....

Umm, what else? Can't remember anything else off the top of my head...

Carrabas - Never been

Outback Steakhouse - filet mignon and veges

A Chinese Restaurant - no luck with Chinese

Applebees - Any of their salads

Macaroni Grill - Never been

Red Robin - Never heard of

Ruby Tuesday - salad bar

Wendy's - Chili or baked potato

McDonalds - 1 or 2 chicken strips

Chick Fil A - I love their chicken noodle Soup - Major YUMMY!!

Panera's - soup

Atlanta bread Company - never been

Subway - haven't been since getting banded due to unable to eat bread, never thought about ordering something and not eating the bread.

Can you Eat pizza? NY Style - I can only eat thin crust pizza.