Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody else peeved at Lane Bryant?

What a rip off! They lured me into the store with their coupons and special sales & then when I went to the cash register- no discounts applied to what I was buying. I'll be d**ned if I'm going to pay 90 bucks for an outfit I'll wear for 2 months! I went down the street to Dress Barn & a similar outfit was $55! I feel like LB thinks that since we're fat we're either dumb or rich! What a bunch of bulldung!

I AGREE Lane Bryant is waaaay overpriced and so is catherines if you choose to shop there and Lane Bryants close shrink and the buttons always pop off. They should be ashamed of themselves.:drool:

Hum..I actually like Lane Bryant. Yes they are a bit pricey, but I have never had a problem using their discounts or coupons. You just have to pay attention...ie last week it was buy one pair of slacks and get 50% off any shirt. But it had to be slacks not capri or skirt. I actually have several nice outfits from their and I love their Houston pants. I wear a different color to work almost every day. They really flatter my figure. No one would guess I wear a 22/24, they always think I'm like a 16/18. I also really like their new jeans, I wear the red ones and they fit a lot better than any other jeans I have owned. I feel like their clothes are more contemporary ( I am 27 after all) than other plus size stores. I'm sorry you feel like you got ripped off, that sucks.

Ready - a lot of their clothes have to be dry cleaned or washed in cold Water you have to read the label carefully, so far thankfully I haven't h ad a problem with shrinking, as for the buttons, thats why they give you an extra button, in case one pops off. :biggrin2:

I wear a lot of their clothes out of lack of being able to find clothes anywhere else, and I LOVE their pants, but most of their clothes are not designed well, and if a button came off every once in a while, well ok, but everything I have ever bought there the button comes off, and I do not try to lie to myself and buy sizes too small for me.

And I dont usually buy things that have to be drycleaned, but its their t-shirts that seem to shrink the most. The cotton/spandex mix they use doesn't seem to work to me.

Im glad their is a store, but I think they take advantage.

I've been shopping there for the last 8 fat years of my life...but this time it was just TOO frustrating! Their clothes don't fit me right anymore since I've been losing weight & it's nearly impossible to find clothes that do now! I finally found a good outfit & it didn't count in the discount. The discount signs this week say "Buy one get one 50% off eveything in the store" Then the little teeny tiny writing must say something about the "right fit" slacks not counting. I was going to get the right fit houston pants.....but NO dice! I couldn't use a coupon or get the in store discount. It makes me feel like they're taking advantage of us plump ladies!

I love there clothes and they don't fall apart the first time you wash them. Wish they would do smaller sizes. The sales ladies are so nice and they all wear the bigger sizes. Most stores there clothes fall apart or shrink when you wash them. Very good quality clothes They are a little pricey but well worth it. I tell everyone to shop there. Wonderful sales!!!!:drool:

At least the stuff is quality, their prices are a bit high but I would rather pay more for something that is going to last longer. I prefer Avenue over LB though.

I don't care for Lane Bryant. Never have. Too expensive. But I LOVE CJ Banks. Their clothes are stylish, inexpensive, and well built.... and everything fits. Their petites are petite. LB's I always had to hem, and I am only 5'2. Not really that short.

Love CJ Banks. That is my plus size store of choice.

I'm a little surprised that some of you think the clothes aren't quality made. I'll admit they are a little pricey, but I've never had a problem with the quality of their clothing. I went shopping there this past weekend and they had a huge sale going on. Most everything in the store was 40% off, the only item I bought that wasn't on sale was a pair of the Right Fit Jeans. I got a pair of jeans, a dress for my sister's wedding, and 6 dressy tops for $150. Yea, I could have went to Walmart and spent less, but the quality and variety of styles isn't near as good IMHO.

I love Lane Bryant - I NEVER buy anything at full price, I ONLY shop on their Clearance racks. I worked their ages ago - and we HAD to buy/wear their clothes. We got 30% off, but dang. Some of the LB stores have suits (Kasper and such), I trained for 6 weeks downtown Houston at one, and we were having a Suit sale - we were required to wear the suits (for that season) every day - They were 200+ each. That bit bad.

I also love their lingerie section.

I too always loved the lingerie!!!

CJ Banks put a store in our mall, several months AFTER I was banded!!!

On my way down the scale, I have shopped sale racks everywhere I go!!! From Walmart to Dillards, Ross to Lane Bryant---somewhere they all have a sale rack, waiting for me to scavenge through it!!!

Kat

I hate Lane Bryant. They seem to think all fat women are AMAZONS. I am a shorty. The only thing I can buy there are tops. The Right Fit jeans are okay but the legs are SO WIDE that I look like I'm wearing gauchos.

I love their bras though. You can get DDD there! I've never found them anywhere else.

What is CJ Banks? I don't think we have those around here.

I have worn Lane Bryant for years, and even worked for them for a while. Like alot of retail stores,you have to watch sales. I never buy reg price. I am still wearing some of the knit tops I bought there 4 years ago. the fabric is wonderful and spots just do not stay. I buy all my underwear and bras there, they last forever. Again, never buy reg price, just read those coupons and use them. ask for help if you dont understand them.Of course how you wash them makes a difference. Read the labels and get the correct size to start with.

With working there, I am here to tell you that customer service is number one with the company and employees. They are so nice. The only complaint I have with them is their catalog. If they are going to be a full figure shope, they need to have full figure models. There are some beautiful full figure women out there.

I have said my peace.....