Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody else peeved at Lane Bryant?

I have only shopped there once, it was a pretty rotten experiance. The sales clerk was a total bitch. I left with out anything and then fired off a nasty letter to the cooperate offices about that store. It was dirty, unorganized and just plain bad.

I know I shouldn't judge the whole chain by one store, but I did and do. I wont step foot in one again. Besides I have to get all my pants tailored so I can't justify there prices then tack on the price of a tailor.

Walmart is my bestest friend for jeans LOL

You have to read the info on the coupon to see what you cant use the coupon on as is the same with every store that I have every shopped at. I have never had a problem at Lane Bryant I have shopped there for about 12 years and actually worked there for 8 years. I do agree that some stuff is high in price but to me you get what you pay for. Right now I refuse to buy anything that is full price but that is just because it most likely wont fit me in a month but I will not complain about that!!! I will be happy when I dont have to shop JUST there. I cant wait until i cant walk into the mall and be able to shop in more then 1 or 2 stores.

The only complaint I have with them is their catalog. If they are going to be a full figure shope, they need to have full figure models. There are some beautiful full figure women out there.

I have said my peace.....

the stores have nothing to do with the catalog they are 2 different companies.

Thankfully I am almost out of LB sizes, but I do like to shop there. There is also a store called Fashion Bug I have learned to like. They are a little less expensive. I'm going tomorrow to pick out an outfit at LBs. I have a coupon for $50 off $150 in purchases. It just came in the mail.

I HATE their new jean sizes! I went in to check my size and it's all funky now. Totally messed up. I went to Old Navy instead. :smile2:

The only thing I like there are the bras. Everything else is way too expensive for me, when Walmart or Target has similar stuff. I gave up on LB when everything became see-through, and you had to buy not one overpriced shirt, but two!

Also, what's with the short shirts??? I want something a little longer than my belly button. The shirts are too short and the pants are too long. Who are they using as models???

So, yeah...I'm a little peeved, too.

Oh man, I really think LB takes advantage. The clothes shrink sooo bad!! I follow the directions to a T and no matter what after a few washes the shirts usually shrink to my belly button. I think it is a scam to get you to buy more clothes more often. I can't tell you how happy I am to be able to shop in other places.

I can't fit in most of their regular clothes anymore (woohoo!). The last time I was there was for a bra, because like someone else said, it's just hard to find a DDD. They had BIG signs that said "1/2 off everything in the store!". The bra was half off, but when they rang up the Spanx, the clerk said the sale didn't apply to them. I was in a hurry, I didn't have time to argue the point of "everything" and I didn't really think I could get them cheaper somewhere else in that mall for less, so I just bought them.

I had a friend who worked there, and I thought the idea that she HAD to wear there clothes, but they didn't give a more significant discount was completely ridiculous as a business practice, but at least you can write it off I guess.

I like Lane Bryant's clothes, most of the time - some of their style doesn't click with me but as a tall chubby girl they have the best work slacks I've found. I think they have dishonest and misleading sales. More than once I've gone for the "all sweaters, buy one get one half" only to be told that none of the sweaters I had were included in the sale. But at the same time, there wasn't any fine print detailing that only certain sweaters were included...

See my previous post on LB making me mad: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f80/lb-pissing-me-off-34446/

Also, search for "lane bryant" and you'll get a good feel for how many of us have felt that way about them, for whatever reason.

:smile2: I have to say that I like Lane Bryant. And where I live (west coast, Canada) we do not have very many options for plus size stores and the couple that we do have - are more expensive than LB's and not even as nice in styles. I actually drive the 1hr cross border trip to shop at LB's in Washington whenever I can. It's CHEAPER than here (even when there was a dollar difference it was still cheaper). :)

I actually got that coupon, went to their website to check it out.. and all the buy 1 get 1 1/2 off stuff.. was crazy expensive to begin with. It's like they jacked up the price, to make up for it. Normal t-shirt stuff was $40 each. No way! So by the end of it, you're still paying $30 per shirt. That's too much IMO, unless it's a really nice dress shirt.. which these were not.

Actually I am ecstatic that LB has gotten so expensive and boring. It is incentive to trudge on, to eat bandster portions, and to exercise daily.

They've gone insane and I am happy.

I love that I will never have to pay $40 for one of their cheaply made tee shirts again. I'm glad that they don't make 36 inseam Supreme jeans any more. I'm glad that they have converted to that new (nonsensical) sizing. I'm happy that their coupons are scams. I'm even happy that they never have my bra size in stock.

I am overjoyed that they have become so inhospitable! I am so happy because I am leaving them behind! I am on my way to the Gap, BananaRep, JCrew, Regular stores!

When I want to breakdown and buy something there, I come here. Seeing everyone's (many of you are on this thread) progress, NSVs, and before and afters makes it sweeter. For a long time all I could wear was LB, now I am almost at the point where if I do shop there it isn't out of necessity.

Hurray!

I love my band!

thought i would chime in....i think LB is overpriced. I have had much better luck ordering stuff from Jessica London online. My surgery date is apr. 8 ...my plan will be buying from :biggrin: second hand stores....i'm lucky we a couple used clothing stores b/c of being a university town.

The avenue is a nice store to shop at. Quality clothes.. Like Angie said ""I won;t miss shopping there" I reallly want to buy a nice dress from Ann Taylor..(outlet store of course) LOL

Also, what's with the short shirts??? I want something a little longer than my belly button. The shirts are too short and the pants are too long. Who are they using as models???

So, yeah...I'm a little peeved, too.

Yes Yes Yes! I have to wear a suit to work and all the jacket are waaaay to short. I have short short legs, a longer torso, and a stick out belly. I need something with a little length.