Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

instantaenous PB

Why is this thread cracking me up? I have never laughed over PB experiences before....rotflmao.gif

Waving my arms around in circles, walking around seems to help.

Oh my! I can envision you doing this....too funny...I need to try that to see if it helps. And as far as the art goes, this is one of my favorites moon.gif ... I probably just broke a rule and I'm not mooning anyone in particular, I just think the emoticon is funny biggrin.gif

Don't you just love a great PB???? I do, if I didn't have a PB it means I would not have the band and that would suck!
Very true!!

Thank god I was at home when this happenned - My dogs were a little concerne because I was throwing up in their drinking bowl :knockedou

Sharon,

Oh my, that is a funny story. I hope you dont have many run ins with those bad foods. Good luck.

Ok even pre-banding this made me laugh. I've often talked at inanimate things that tick me off LOL. Nice to know you can keep a sense of humor about something that seems fairly icky!!

Sharon

I had to jump on this thread from my office because I just had a PB from hell, and almost slimed the company's HR director while running from a conference room to the bathroom. I was in a working lunch meeting with an expensive outside lawyer and was trying to act oh so dignified. Fat chance. Especially when I had a repeat performance at my desk a few minutes later -- behind closed doors, discreetly into a coffee mug!

Well I can top all of those, in December when I was fairly new to the band world, my boss asked me to go out to lunch with her to Celebrate her birthday, I ordered some grilled chicken plate at Olive Garden, but because she ordered a drink for me, I felt obligated to take a drink, well big mistake... I got so sick, I had to run to the bathroom twice, into a packed bathroom, those people probably thought, poor girl, she must be bulimic, well anyways went back to the table and again that horrible sensation ran back to the bathroom. Well there must have been some more chicken stuck, because on the ride home I started feeling sick again and couldn't hold it in, I pb all over my new RL brown wool sweater, straight down my crotch-- I was so embarassed, she was really scared for me (she doesn't know i have the band), but I told her I have some gastric stomache issues so she thought it was that. Man, I have never been so embarrassed in my life, what was more disgusting was having to clean myself off. I'll never go out to eat with other people, not worth the risk of embarrassment. YUKK!!

Ok this is a little secret and it's pretty disgusting, but last week when my fill was too tight, we were at this restaurant and they had these red plastic glasses that say pepsi or coke on them, welllll, I'd pretend to be taking a sip and I'd let a slime go, hehe, no one ever knew I was having a major pb attack and had already been to the rr twice. Before we left, I took my napkin and tucked it down in the glass, after all I wouldn't want to gross anybody out!

Now I keep a styrfoam cup in my car, so if i have to spit ya can't see what's in the cup. My dh and ds both dip, so when they opened the lid to spit their dip, they got a dish of what I've been putting up with all these years and their dipping spit stuff. Paybacks are hell boys!

Guest susan

All these good lessons that I am learning. I had my first (hopefully last) attack last week but did not find it nearly as humorous as Sharon!

I have a son who is developmentally disabled and among other issues, not able to talk. When he was small I attended a support group of other mothers like myself. We would sit around and share experiences. I recall one mother was so proud when she told of her son who while in a shopping cart in the supermarket started screaming out curses. Now we all got hysterical laughing at the picture of this child who couldn't speak, finally managing some words. BUT, someone who did not come from our backgrounds of having disabled children, would clearly not appreciate the humor in it.

Now, I am reliving those experiences as I read how we "slime" and "pb" and "vomit" on our clothes and in cups and talk to our food. It is too funny!!

You are too funny.... How's the dog?? Glad your feeling better.. Meatloaf, Can we? At 4 weeks? If so I'm missing out!! Thanks for your post..

As long as I chew food down to mush in small bites I can eat it. Matloaf is pretty wasy since it's cooked mush. You'll see from this site that doctors are very different as to how long you do liquids and mushies.

I didn't PB for a couple of months post banding, and still vividly remember that first time. We were watching harry potter's new movie.

I'd had moments of discomfort before, and a lil' sliming action, but in trying to be an oh so careful bandster, had managed to postpone the inevitable for a while.

My first visit from the master blaster came when I made the mistake of trying to eat half a pb-j... note to bandsters... pb-ing pb is NOT fun. I remember looking at that foamy return on my ingestment and thinking so THAT'S a pb... huh...

When I have food stuck, with only slight discomfort, sometimes a sip or two will help, as will raising my arms over my head in a good stretch, or pounding my chest Tarzan style... though this makes my kids think I'm losing it. If it's big discomfort... forget it, ejection action imminent.

I also find that chicken can be difficult.

When I had some fish during mushy food time, I had this stuck feeling in my throat and called my doctor. He said fish is soft, but for me it was maybe too soon. He recommended I sip Water till the feeling went away. So the drinking water thing maybe different for everyone.

Guest mantonev

I'm sorry, but I'm newly banded and I don't know what PB is? I mean, I get the basic meaning of it (after reading some posts) but what exactly is it and how can I avoid it?? Thanks!