Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Not good Bea!! My visitor always follows yours...tell it to GO AWAY!!! ((Hugs))

Guest Leslie2Lose

Good morning/afternoon. I haven't seen anyone today. How's everyone??? I'm stressed but trying to control my "cravings" and being good. Definately need a good workout!!!

Good morning all. I am severly stressed out this week.. I have a 16 year old need I say more?

Well my doctor is going to shoot me because tomorrow I have my 6 month post op and I was suppose to have went to have my labs done 2 weeks ago and you have to fast 12 hours for them. Well I haven't been able to get any time off work to go and do it and I cannot go all day without food I get light headed and nauseaus. So what do you do? I tried calling to reschedule my 6 month post op and was told he was booked until december because his partner is leaving the practice and they haven't filled his spot LOL!!! Uggh so I am going tomorrow and will probably just get ripped a new one for not getting it done :)

Anyway I think if we could more avengers to work on their dailyplates that would be awesome! I know a group of us are but there's alot more avengers out there that lurk around and watch the chit chat....JOIN US PEOPLE!

I have been logging my food the last couple days and will try to keep it up... However, I can tell you I never log on weekends because I try to stay as far from computers as possible.

I am happy to announce that all of this week I have stuck to my word though and haven't had my nightly wine... Hopefully those calories will add up quickly and show a loss.

Tonight is step class. If I do not have to deal with an unruly teen I will be going for atleast 30 minutes and then doing some treadmill stuff.

I have tried the ellipitical machine and I lack some severe coordination for that thing. I don't think I will get back on one if anyone else is in the gym haha.

Oops sorry for the long post.

Edited by Brandy~

Hey guys! I've been on a kindergarten field trip all day. I just have to say, they do not pay those teachers enough! I'm exhausted and it was only today. It was fun though.

TOM arrived today a little early I might add, but at least I'm getting it over with. I'm still tight, but not as bad as yesterday. My caloric intake is still going to be low today.

I think fall has finally arrived here in Texas, at least for today. We have church tonight, but I'm seriously considering staying home, getting a fire going and crafting or something. I need to do something creative as that is my stress outlet.

I hope you are all doing well. Have a nice evening!!

Hey all, Just thought I would pop in a quick april avengers update. I was banded on April 22 weighing 267. 6 months out and I am finally in One-derland 197. Oh yea!!! I love my Band!!!!

Continued Best wishes to everyone.

Hi Everyone. Sorry I fell off-line for a bit. Too much happening. I'm an observant Jew, and this has been a month of holidays, most of which are two days each of orthodox tradition, which means no phone, TV, driving, etc. And it's all holiday type meals.....need I say more? I've really done very well considering the fantastic food everyone cooks. Good news is that we walk to synagogue etc. so some exercise.

On top of this, work has been insane and hard. The economy really affects charitable giving, and I'm a fundraiser for an LA charity. On top of that, there's been an understandable influx of those in need. So that's been hard on many levels.

This past week my elderly uncle, for whom I'm an "overseer", has a massive stroke, so, not complaining but, not much time to write or enjoy reading, posts. Now I have a cold, so I'm REALLY DONE! My sister may come out to LA for a few days to see help me a bit with decisions needed to be made about our uncle. It's an emotional time as he's the last tie to my late dad.

So, all I have to say is I hope everyone is well, and I've survived without a gain. Not any more loss, but no gain. That's good enough right now.

And LESLIE- thanks for the compliment on my hair!!!!

Gwenn

Wow Gwenn I am so very sorry to hear all that's going on in your life :eek: Everything sure seems to hit at once doesn't it. I hope for the best with you uncle and your family.

Good morning everyone! Tomorrow is my 6 month anniversary so today I go in for my appt. I didn't get my labs done like I was suppose to so I am sure I will hear about it from the doc. They are going to ask me if I want a fill so I have to decide if I want to risk being too tight or risk loosening up more and not being able to get back in to see him till december..... Uggh.

GWENN!!!!

Great to hear from you! I'm so sorry about your uncle. I'm glad your sister is coming to help you. It will be nice for you to have family around you during this time.

I understand that you are busy, and I can just imagine how tough it is to get donations at a time like this. Very stressful I'm sure.

How was/is your holiday season going? I hope you are at least enjoying that!

I like your hair too!

~C

Guest Leslie2Lose

Gwenn - I've been wondering where you've been. I too am sorry to hear about your uncle. We've started some recipe threads and are have also started a food logging group on thedailyplate.com website...it is under April Avengers. I know you are really busy with all that is going on in your life. When you are up to it and feel ready please join us. Let us know how you are doing too ((hugs)).

Ok so I posted pics in the strut my stuff avenger thread. I was really please with the progress... Sometimes it takes comparing it to see how well you're doing!

When I got in there I wasn't going to have a fill... I was just going for 6 month post op. Once we got to talking I had lost 9 pounds in 10 weeks so... Somehow I let him talk me into another .25 cc's lol. From all the posts I have read alot of people have to talk their doc into giving them the fill haha.

Anyway I have had 4 fills now and am at 2.75 CC / 4.0 CC Band. I feel fine though with this fill so far. I walked out and grabbed 12 oz of chicken broth and have drank all that and now starting in on some Water. I have some very mushy potatoe Soup I might try to have. My docs pretty easy going on the foods you can have after fills. I hope this fill does a kick start on the weight we will see.

Another thing that suprised me was I thought I was 267 at time of surgery but I wasn't :smile: I was 271!! I am now 211 so that's 60 on the dot! So 6 month anniversary I pulled out 60 lbs lost. Now another 40 to make my 100 by 1 year.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Brandy that's awesome. I saw your pics and will comment on the other thread (you look smokin' hot girl!)...You are doing so great!

Hey Gwenn! I'm glad to hear from you. I'm really sorry to hear about your uncle and all the other stressors in your life. Hang in there! Hope to hear from you again soon.

Mari - Wow!! YOu have done great! What's your secret? :smile: Glad to hear from you, keep it up and keep us posted!

Brandy - Awesome! 60 lbs in 6 months, you can't beat that with a stick!! LOL! You are looking great too.

I'm hoping I'm a little less tight today. So far I've only done soft stuff and liquids. I posted yesterday, but know I didn't get in that many calories. I would start to eat and then not be able to get it down, but I was too lazy to figure out how much I really ate. I actually PB'd ice tea last night. It's weird right now, the later it gets the tighter I am, usually it's the other way around. I had to switch to hot tea last night as hot liquids go down just fine. I was really hungry today though. I worked out quite a bit too. Needless to say, I'm feeling a little fatigued today. I'm trying to think of something healthy and yummy for dinner that I can actually get down! Any suggestions? I know I will get back to normal in a day or two. I just have to work through it.

Hope everyone else is doing well! Have a great day (or evening)!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Bea ((hugs)) - I'm sorry you are feeling bad. Sounds like you may be too tight. Girl at TOM I get super tight! That's why I'm a little more open than I'd like (other days than TOM) - but I can't stand to PB on everything. Maybe just a few more days and you'll loosen up some :-)

Try some warm Tomato Soup with some melted cheese. That should go down nicely :-)

Oh yummm Hot Tomato Soup with shredded cheese..

Well until today Bea I was looser than I wanted to be because at TOM I was soooo tight it was a liquid diet for most of it.. So now that I have another fill in me I am hoping it wont doom me and have to have an unfill. You're a trooper working through it like that.

What about some SF hot cocoa as a treat or something. You couldn't possibly be getting in all your calories and such being that tight. I would treat yourself to something like that.