Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Hi there everyone,

I was banded on April 22nd and feel I am losing slowly. I realize that if I were to exercise more I would lose more but my schedule does not allow it right now.

I am generally feeling great and rarely PB or slime but have port site pain especially when I bend or lie in bed on my right side. I know not to sleep on my tummy for that will really hurt but lying on side never hhurt until recently. Does anyone else have this? I am starting to get worried. :biggrin:

If you're in pain, you really should phone the doctor. I've had gas pains, and they can come anytime, but you shouldn't really have port pain now unless you strain or do a lot of exercise, and even then, it's more of a dull discomfort, not pain. Gas can get quite severe, but I've even checked that out.....call your doctor....why take a chance.

Thanks guys! You make me feel so good!

Cutie - call the Dr right away! Not to scare you but that was going on with me about two weeks ago and things got worse fast...don't take any chances. Believe it or not, Dr's would rather you call than see you in the hospital:)

Looks like you've been doing good! Try to get some excercise in any way you can. I know things get hectic and busy but you will see and feel a difference. I started out with a mini-tramp using it while watching my TV shows at night. I loved it and it works out everything! We're pulling for you, just keep up the good work!!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Cutie - I agree with mom and gdf - you really need to call your doctor. What you are experiencing isn't the norm. You should be in pain.

gdf - You are too adorable! I hope I look half as good as you at 50 - you look fabulous darling!

I have to backtrack now to check on this thread - I don't get on as much on the weekends - too busy...

Guest Leslie2Lose

Mom - Congratulations on making your monthly goal! That is so awesome. Don't be shy - you deserve every pound...I say put it in BOLD RED PRINT that flashes on your signature...I'm so proud of you!

GDF - I posted about your avatar - going to look at the pics when I get a minute.

How's everyone? Have a good weekend?

I did pretty good this weekend and stayed on plan. I kept myself busy with staying on the go and busy (a lot of laundry). I have to get my house clean. My parents are coming the weekend of October 17th and staying at the house with my kids while we go to Memphis for a weekend trip with my in-laws. They have NEVER stayed at my house without me. I'm locking up my mail (my dad is super nosy - love him -but he is...he'll read all my mail) and I have to clean. Why at 31 do I still feel the need to please them?

Edited by Leslie2Lose
spelling - again.

Wow Mom congrats :thumbup: Seriously something like that is important and we love to hear it. we are all here to support one another so whether it's good or bad this is the place to post it.

I set mini goals for each month and they are small so they are attainable.. ( since I was plateaud for a month) This month I lost 6 pounds so I hit my Sept goal. I have 50 more to lose so I am sure that I will be very close to losing it all by band anniversary at this point!

I decided to post some pics. I'm not confident enough to post them on the pic thread, but feel comfortable posting them here for you guys to see. I'm finally seeing some results from all the exercise. Up until now I haven't seen much difference in my appearance. Other people are starting to notice too which, I won't lie, is very nice. The ugly, disgusting pic is from right before surgery, the other from yesterday.

post-232856-13813137671578_thumb.jpg

post-232856-13813137671983_thumb.jpg

post-232856-13813137672267_thumb.jpg

post-232856-13813137672567_thumb.jpg

Holy cow! You're doing awesome and what a difference you can really tell!

I am at work but I think I have a few pics I can post when I find them.

Yesterday I compared my drivers license that I had to renew in February this year at my highest weight... with my concealed weapons permit pic taken last month...... WOW Huge difference :thumbup: Now I wanna go retake them but I will wait till I hit goal.

Hi Leslie,

At 57, I still have the need to make the house sparkling etc if my mother visits. I worry about how I look when I see her as well. It's not a good feeling, either. I'm working on it. My sister is better about it, but I'm the elder and I think there's just more mom-shit with the elder. And my mom is very difficult. She'll walk through my clean, set-up living room and move a vase by 2 inches...that kind of thing. GOSH, anyone have an idea why I find comfort in food????????????? Oh yeah.

Anyway, it may change but it won't go away entirely. Glad you had a good food weekend.

Hi everyone else. It feels like everyone's really working it....I love coming here.

I want to redo my drivers license also...but I'm waiting until goal. My passport photo was taken when I was on South Beach, and I'd gotten down 50 or so from the high, so it's not too bad at all. Certainly works for while I'll be travelling in November.

Brandy- what's your living? Police, security? I shoot for fun and personal "protection" (hope I never need to use it). Just targets. In LA, one can't get a permit to carry (personal). Only the bad guys get to carry (HAH).

Bea- How do you post thumbnails to the posts? I found the album thing on personal profile, but am lame and need step by step for anything like this. THanks. AND IT SHOWS!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Ya'll I still have 15 pounds to go for my D.L. to read accurate (200 pounds - big whopping lie! I was 275 when I took the pic)...LOL

Bea - you look so good! Of course people can tell the difference, you look like a much happier and younger you. I swear you look 10 years younger. The happier part is even better! Keep up the great work girl - you look marvelous!!

Gwenn - I know what you mean as food as a comfort - I did the same thing. My dad is anal about the house - mom doesn't really care. I swear he goes around my shelves and does the "finger" test looking for dirt. Ex-military. Nuff said.

I want to redo my drivers license also...but I'm waiting until goal. My passport photo was taken when I was on South Beach, and I'd gotten down 50 or so from the high, so it's not too bad at all. Certainly works for while I'll be travelling in November.

Brandy- what's your living? Police, security? I shoot for fun and personal "protection" (hope I never need to use it). Just targets. In LA, one can't get a permit to carry (personal). Only the bad guys get to carry (HAH).

I actually work in Logistics for a Whole oat grain mill. It's fun and I like my job.. I actually get to taste all kinds of name brand yummy whole oat stuff before they hit the market since we do the grains for em. I don't have to use a gun at work and hope I never would have to. I have a CHL for protection though since I do alot of running now at night and early AM. I was also riding my bike to work along the river (there had been rapes and such) I go to the range alot and do some BLM shooting. Let's just say I would know how to use it if anyone decided to grab me hehe :thumbup:

Ya'll I still have 15 pounds to go for my D.L. to read accurate (200 pounds - big whopping lie! I was 275 when I took the pic)...LOL

Bea - you look so good! Of course people can tell the difference, you look like a much happier and younger you. I swear you look 10 years younger. The happier part is even better! Keep up the great work girl - you look marvelous!!

Gwenn - I know what you mean as food as a comfort - I did the same thing. My dad is anal about the house - mom doesn't really care. I swear he goes around my shelves and does the "finger" test looking for dirt. Ex-military. Nuff said.

Thats funny Leslie about your drivers license. I took my pic at 267 and put 200 too. I weigh 215 now so I am almost what it says HAH