Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

L2L - I don't think you're mom is jealous just a protective mom. My mom actually made the same comment this past weekend. She is a size 12. I was actually a size 12 in high school and people thought I was anorexic because of my height. But being happy with what you look like is up to you. I saw the prettiest girl the other day. She had actually lost 60lbs and looked AWESOME. Tanned, buff and long blonde hair (not jealous much) but the astoudning thing...she weighed 182 and wore a size 12! She explained that it was muscle that was weighing more and she was now in the best shape of her life and really didn't want to get any smaller. I didn't blame her. So, don't think of sizes but when you get happy with looking in the mirror with what you see, then you're there!

Guest Leslie2Lose

You're right, of course. Deep down I don't think she's jealous - she's just being mom. I'll be happy to be a healthy weight again - whatever that number will be.

I do have a size in my head I'd like to be. I know I shouldn't focus on the size thing - but a 12 would thrill me and a 10 would make me estatic. I really don't think I'd look good being a single digit, just because of my build.

I have always been heavy - not always fat - but heavy. My eldest is all knees and elbows and she weighs a ton! I think she got that from me - LOL

Hello Everyone - it's been a while since I checked in here but good to see that my loss to date is pretty much in line with everyone else. I have really stepped up my exercise and am reaping the benefits of it.

Continued success to all of you!!

My mom made a funny the other day....she is 65 and getting a little tight in her size 12s. What's even more funny is the fact that she never spend money on herself and the size 12s she's getting tight in are mine from highschool!!!!! She offered to "give" them back to me for when I get smaller. I told her thank you so much, mom...but when I'm a size 12 again I'm going SHOPPING for NEW clothes!!!

I am getting there slowly, too. I'm down from a 30 to a 22! I got a new pair of jeans this week for fall that I'm loving!

Hey guys! I hope everyone has had a nice weekend. Mine has been pretty crappy. My hubby left Friday morning to pick up some furniture from his parents (4 hours away) and almost immediately my A/C at home went out. Not just out but the fan was completely destroyed for some reason. Remember I live in Texas and while it's not at hot as it has been, it's pretty miserable without A/C. And of course it's a weekend and so we couldn't get in touch with anyone at the company we have to use because of our warranty. We got a hotel room today and will stay tonight and tomorrow night. Hopefully they will be able to get it fixed by Tuesday. Good news is that the hotel has a workout room and a pool so I was able to run and then we all went swimming. Trying to count my blessings and see the silver lining! The kids are having a blast.

I'm finding if very weird that it waited until my hubby was gone. I mean, really. He's been home two weeks and nothing happens. Then he leaves again and bam! I'm starting to get really scared! :)

Hey all. Well I think the fill I had a week and a 1/2 ago kicked my weightloss into gear (I hope I didn't jinx it :thumbup: ) I was stuck at 221 for what seemed like forever... But yesterday I weighed 219! Finally in the teens and heading for Onderland!

I am down 48 pounds now it's so amazing. Has anyone checked out the 'what I lost thread' ? It's pretty funny. Right now for 48 pounds I have lost the equivalent of an Elephants heart and an ostrich egg haha

I had a couple people ask where the what I lost thread was ... here it is http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/what-have-you-lost-44347/

Your weight loss =

1 lb/0.45 kg/0.07 Stone = a Guinea Pig

1.5 lbs/0.68 kg/0.11 stone = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts

2 lbs/0.9 kg/0.14 stone = a rack of baby back ribs

3 lbs/1.36 kg/0.21 stone = an average human brain

4 lbs/1.8 kg/0.29 stones = an ostrich egg

5 lbs/2.27 kg/0.36 stones = a Chihuahua

6 lbs/2.72 kg/0.43 stones = a human's skin

7.5 lbs/3.4 kg/0.54 stones = an average newborn

8 lbs/3.6 kg/0.57 stones = a human head

10 lbs/4.5 kg/0.71 stones= chemical additives an American consumes each year

11 lbs/5 kg/0.79 stones = an average housecat

12 lbs/5.4 kg/0.86 stones = a Bald Eagle

15 lbs/6.8 kg/1 stones = 10 dozen large eggs

16 lbs/7.3 kg/1.1 stones = a sperm whale's brain

20 lbs/9.1 kg/1.4 stones = an automobile tire

23 lbs/10.4 kg/1.6 stones = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year

24 lbs/10.9 kg/1.7 stones = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream

30 lbs/13.6 kg/2.1 stones = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year

33 lbs/15 kg/2.4 stones = a cinder block

36 lbs/16 kg/2.6 stones = a mid-size microwave

40 lbs/18 kg/2.9 stones = a 5-gallon bottle of Water or an average human leg

44 lbs/20 kg/3.1 stones = an elephant's heart

50 lbs/23 kg/3.6 stones = a small bale of hay

55 lbs/25 kg/3.9 stones = a 5000 BTU air conditioner

60 lbs/27 kg/4.3 stones = an elephant's penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)

66 lbs/30 kg/4.7 stones = fats and oils an average American eats in a year

70 lbs/32 kg/5 stones = an Irish Setter

77 lbs/35 kg/5.5 stones = a gold brick

80 lbs/36 kg/5.7 stones = the World's Largest Ball of Tape

90 lbs/41 kg/6.4 stones = a newborn calf

100 lbs/45 kg/7.1 stones = a 2 month old horse

111 lbs/50 kg/7.9 stones = red meat an average American eats in a year

117 lbs/53 kg/8.3 stones = an average fashion model (and she's 5'11")

118 lbs/53.5 kg/8.4 stones = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica

120 lbs/54 kg/8.6 stones = amount of trash you throw away in a month

130 lbs/59 kg/9.3 stones = a newborn giraffe

138 lbs/63 kg/9.9 stones = potatoes an average American eats in a year 140 lbs/64 kg/10 stones = refined sugar an average American eats in a year

144 lbs/65 kg/10.3 stones = an average adult woman (and she's 5'4")

150 lbs/68 kg/11 stones = the complete Oxford English Dictionary

187 lbs/85 kg/13 stones = an average adult man

200 lbs/91 kg/14 stones = 2 Bloodhounds

235 lbs/107 kg/17 stones = Arnold Schwarzenegger

300 lbs/136 kg/21 stones = an average American football lineman

400 lbs/181 kg/27 stones = a Welsh pony

Edited by Brandy~

Hello - Another April bandster here! I too have not checked in this group in a while - but have been down lately wondering why I have not been losing!! Basically we all are in the same neighborhood of loss, so I do feel better seeing the numbers. I am at 43 pounds loss but have been the same weight for about 4 weeks or so now and that is very discouraging. My last fill is too tight I think as I am PBing a whole lot. One day I can eat and the next I can't eat anything. So, I am making an appt. to get a change in that. Also, I have had sinus infection, tons of drainage and that causes the PBing as well. Nothing can settle. So, I am not giving up - but trying not to get discouraged. Lift me up please!!

88Keyz - Don't get down. You seem to be doing great with your loss.

At my last fill, it was a little tight and had issues with PBing, I think we all go through this at some point. Hopefully your adjustment will help! It is an aweful feeling!

Try tweaking your excercise or food to jump start a loss. I had to add more Water and Protein, that caused a good loss over a couple weeks. Now I have hit another slow down and am tweaking my excercise routine. Instead of simply walking on the treadmill, I now walk on an incline one day and the next, do 4 minutes walking, 1 minute running for 45 minutes. I then bike for 30 minutes.

Hope this helps!

Hello - Another April bandster here! I too have not checked in this group in a while - but have been down lately wondering why I have not been losing!! Basically we all are in the same neighborhood of loss, so I do feel better seeing the numbers. I am at 43 pounds loss but have been the same weight for about 4 weeks or so now and that is very discouraging. My last fill is too tight I think as I am PBing a whole lot. One day I can eat and the next I can't eat anything. So, I am making an appt. to get a change in that. Also, I have had sinus infection, tons of drainage and that causes the PBing as well. Nothing can settle. So, I am not giving up - but trying not to get discouraged. Lift me up please!!

Wow you're almost 1/2 way through your weight loss! Pick that chin up, get a minor adjustment, and you will be back on track :biggrin:

Good morning all! I hope you all are not having too much trouble from Ike. Texas is supposed to get slammed. Dallas and Ft. Worth have already prepared for the evacuees. It's already been pouring here for three days from another system. By the time Ike arrives I'm sure we'll have an issue with flooding. I've been out of the loop for a few days. Hope everyone is doing well.

88Keyz - Sinus issues bother my band as well. I went in once convinced there was something seriously wrong. All of the sudden I couldn't eat anything and was PBing everything, even liquid. It was all because of drainage and mucus that was settling in my pouch and not letting anything through. My doc had me take some allergy meds and Mucinex. I was completely "cured" in a day. I never would have thought that was the culprit. You'll be back on track soon. Congrats on your weight loss! Good luck to you!

Way to go Brandy! You're doing great! I love the weight examples. I had seen that before but had forgotten about it. I've evidently lost a leg! LOL!

Hey Leslie - If it makes you feel any better, my mom absolutely competes with me. She wears a 16 and I'm about to pass her up. I'd like to think she doesn't do it on purpose, but she's constantly saying stuff to me like "you sure are loosing slow" or "that's all you've lost so far!?!". It drives me nuts! She has a very unrealistic idea about weight loss and she thinks because I've had surgery it should just fall off, I guess. You are doing great and you look fabulous!!! And hey, I just found the comments you posted to my pics. Looks like we have a lot in common. :thumbup:

I had another fill on Monday and I'm too tight. I'm going to have to go in today to get a little taken out. I've never understood what people meant about not being able to swallow their own spit until last night. It's weird that I was able to eat dinner and didn't have any trouble until last night.

Have a great day!!

HELP! Guys I'm pulling my hair out! It is almost "that time of month" and I have gone from not being able to finish 8ozs of yogurt to being starved for the afternoon and craving chips, chocolate, ice cream and milk! I have done so good since my last fill and even last month, went through this a little but not much. But starting around lunch, I can't get my mind off those "bad" things. I still don't eat near what I used to. A bag of chips is now about two handfuls, a 1/2 gallon of ice cream has been reduced to about a cup and chocolate milk, well 8ozs satisfies that in the evenings. Luckily, by dinner, things calm down and I only eat about 1/2-1cup of food. But I wish I could head off the afternoon issues. What all do you guys do when things like this hit?

Oh, Bea -- keep us posted on Ike and how it affects you and your family! I'll be keeping you guys in my prayers!

Mom I have a sweet tooth in the evening around my snack time. So the way I have curbed it is replacing my evening snack with a trail mix that includes chocolate chips. I get the best of both world and it's really good.

On another note. I wish everyone the best that is in the storm areas at the moment. We will be hoping for the best.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I've been MIA lately. TOM started Friday - which wipes me out! I've been so tight - it's not even funny! Bea I know how you feel - I PB'd everything on Saturday. Darned scales think I've eaten a small horse. They aren't cooperating....urgh (blaming it on Water weight). I haven't weighed in a couple of days though and hope I have a small loss/holding my own tomorrow.

From bloating to cookie binges (okay it's one bite and up it comes)...darnit when you have PMS craving and can't satisfy them! Mom I feel your pain!!! I wish I could have indulged. Now of course I can eat - thank goodness - and the cravings have passed. I think this is a good thing?

I've been lurking lately. I had nothing worthy to contribute - A.K.A. I've been doing nothing but bitching and moaning about everything (blaming hormones) this week. I did walk yesterday for an hour and ride the bicycle.

TODAY I could finally eat - band has returned to "normal". I guess I need to get used to liquids for four-five days during TOM. I don't want to get an unfill because I'm at my sweet spot normally.

What to do???

I guess my TOM is strange then... My band goes tight a couple days before it... I swell up like a whale and then when TOM finally hits my whole body unbloats.

TOM hit me today so I am hoping with all this liquid I am taking in today that it will show on the scale tomorrow or atleast go back to normal.

I am on a strong dose of birth control though (for regulation) and it limits my periods to 1-3 days a month maybe thats why?