Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Oh Bea! I remember those days. Just last year for my youngest - she is in 1st this year. She was fine - I cried like a baby the first day of kindergarten. Let us know how your classes go.

Hi gang!

I've been so darn busy this week so I haven't been able to keep up. I start school tomorrow and I'm pretty excited! I know it'll be tough, but I'm up for it. I seem to be a more efficient person when I'm pressed for time. I am more motivated and get so much accomplished. Now that I've said all that, I really hope that's the way things go! LOL

I've lost another pound, but nothing stellar. I'm okay with that though, it's steady and that's what keeps me going for now. I've joined a gym today that I really like. I've got big plans of being a hottie, so I best be gettin' busy. I want to join L2L and do the C25K program. I've got to start somewhere, so I figure I should start with just exercising and go from there. Let's see how that goes. She'll be doing a triathalon by then!!!

So sorry for you young mommy's! I remember those days. So cute, but so sad!

~Carol

Guest Leslie2Lose

Carol! I'm so glad to hear from you. Been wondering where you've been keeping yourself.

Triathalon! ROFL - as long as you have EMS follow me around, might be do-able.

With the exercise...just start somewhere. I started walking - which I got bored with. I'm a lot like my girls - very limited attention span. I was looking for a challenge and C25K definately is one. I started week four this week. I didn't finish day one - I just couldn't get into it, shins started hurting...blah, blah blah...excuses. It really is mind over matter. I didn't feel like doing crap yesterday. I did get in part of the run and walked the remaining 30 minutes - so I did exercise! :-) I've got to get my head together.

Carol - hope classes go good! And don't discount the loss. A pound is a pound and they all add up!

L2L - glad somebody else isn't feeling the excercise bug this week. I di okay yesterday but today, couldn't get my head into it. I did walk 50 minutes @ 4mph but should be doing longer and faster, but evey little bit helps. Hopefully this drab weather will pass soon and the sun will take away the blahs:)

Guest Leslie2Lose

I'm ready for some sun too. It looks like it'll be like this at least until Thursday. Go Away Fay! Gustoff (I know I spelled that wrong) had better not mess up my beach plans for Labor Day. I'll be miffed.

Hi everybody!

I'm on break right now and thought I'd pop in and say hi! Classes are fun so far, but it is only the first day. LOL There are lots of assignments piling up already as this is an accelerated program to get us done. Should be fun though. Good for the brain...ward off alzheimers!

I'm really excited about the gym I joined. I am feeling especially motivated and can't wait to get into the groove. I've got a weird schedule this week so I hope to make it to the gym as much as I'd like. I will be able to meet my goals better next week just due to scheduling.

Okay girls, I'll talk to you later tonight! Have a great day!

~C

Hello all!

I am still alive - I've had a really trying week. I've been stressed and frustrated - guy troubles. There's this guy that I just have this feeling about - a gut instinct that says stick around - but our timing is just so off. I'm working on being thinner and confident, he just got out of a three year relationship and isn't ready to just date one person...I'm just at my wit's end and crying like a madwoman because I wish I met him six months down the road, you know? *sigh* I know, I know, things always work out the way that they're supposed to, and guts don't usually lie and all that, but it's so hard to sit back and watch the person you care about see other people, too. Anyway.

I haven't lost much this week - in fact, I've GAINED. I think it's mostly Water though, as my lower legs/ankles/feet are SO swollen I can't believe it. So, I guess I might actually have lost a little. I took a Pamprin today hoping that it helps, plus I'm really pounding the water.

I started classes yesterday - my Spanish class seems like it should be okay, my Philosophy class might be a little rough, and my Criminal Justice class might be a little rough, too. Who knows?

Well. I don't have to work today, I guess, so I think I'm going to take a nap and then head to the gym. Talk to you all soon!

Hey gals. I took a break from my hectic life to have a fill today. I've got 7cc in my 10cc band now. So far i've been able to get down a cup of Tomato Soup and a spoonful of Peanut Butter today and i'm stuffed! It feels great to have restriction again, but the smell of my kid's Taco Bell coming from the back seat was torturing!! I did get myself a pinto and cheese that I'll eat tomorrow for lunch.

My daughter Karsen started Kindergarten last week and my son Kaleb started prek. It's great to have a quiet house for part of the day so I can have time to myself.

Now if I could just get my butt to the gym again! I'm spending so much time away from the family trying to finish up school that I can't fit in even an extra 30 minutes. I have started walking during my lunch break now that the weather is below 90 degrees and taking the stairs instead of elevator. So I'm trying my best to incorporate more activity into my day.

Graduation is on October 18th. I expect to spend a lot of energy getting my house back in order after that. I have plans to repaint the kids rooms and work on the flower beds that have been greatly neglected.

OH, and the anniversary weekend was great. I ate all the foods that I loved and didn't feel guilty and even lost another pound before my weigh in today. Guess all my extracurricular activities paid off!

Nurse - sorry things are so hectic right now. Try not to let it all pile up and get you down, that can be the worst! If that guy is smart, he'll hang around too but if not, his loss!

Mamakat - Hope today goes better with the band. It is a big change when things finally get tightened to a point you can really tell. Maybe this is the magic spot!

I'm amazed at how many of us have the same age kids. It must have been something in the water! I also have one who started kindergarten this year. He was a trooper. Even on the first day, he didn't want mom or dad to take him to school. Had to ride the bus like his older brother and sisters. He's never looked back. He loves school! Atleast I have one more to go through it and maybe he'll be a little sad leaving mom, but I doubt it. I think he'd get on the bus with the rest of them now if we let him!

Mom - My DD is doing fine in kindergarten as well. I would much rather her be fine and not need me than crying every morning. That would break my heart. She's loving it too and doing well, following instructions, etc. Guess I did something right! ;)

Nurse - sorry to hear about your man troubles. I agree with Mom, his loss. Besides you are young and there will be hundreds more fish following you around before long! Hang in there.

Mama - congrats on graduation! I wish I were there too. I'm ready to be done! I've been doing all of our repainting, etc now since I hope to be starting nursing school in January. It's a chore, but at least it's getting done. Good luck with your fill. I sure need one, but have to wait another week.

Turler - I'm glad your classes are working out for you. I'm having fun too. It's been a hundred years since I've been to school during the day. However, it's a little intimidating to be in classes with the 18-20 y/o's. Oh well, it is what it is!! Good luck!

Leslie - Oh how I would love to be going to the beach! I hope the weather holds for you. I'll be praying you are able to have a great beach vacation!

Okay guys! Confession time. I was really bad yesterday. Getting back into a routine this week has kicked my booty and I'm really tired. Not sleeping well either. Yesterday I killed myself to get to my 8 a.m. class after dropping the kids off at school. Traffic was backed up, it took me 25 minutes to go 1/4 mile. I was 20 minutes late for class by the time I parked a mile away and sprinted to the building. I sat down just in time for her to say "okay, that's it for today. We'll start chapter 1 on Thursday"! WTH?!? I sat through two more classes without falling asleep. Picked up the kids, let the carpet guys in (yea DD's room is carpeted again!), did homework, made dinner, blah blah blah!!! So last night I wanted something bad. Just dying to have it, so I did. Not only did I eat a chocolate muffin, I also had half a pint of ice cream too. SHeesh!!! Can anyone say "comfort food"?!? I have got to run today. If nothing else to get rid of the guilt. :thumbup: So much for trying to loose a couple of pounds this week. Oh well, what's done is done.

Have a great day!

Hey all! I remember when I went to Kindergarden - I think my mom was more upset than I was! ;) I don't have kids (yet), but I can only imagine.

I am going to a new gym today to check it out - they are running a 3 months of Unlimited Personal Training for $499, up to 5 sessions a week. I think it would be a great opportunity for me to really get into good shape, along with toning and hopefully combating the extra skin problem. Plus, it would be a great stress outlet for me, and I always work out better when I know that I HAVE to be somewhere, you know?

I signed up for another 5K! I ran two of them last year, and decided I want to go to St. Jude's again this year to run again. It's for a good cause (pediatric cancer), and it's a goal to work towards. I'll be setting up a donation page if anyone would like to help out!

Well, I'm off to my first class - espanol! :thumbup: See you all later!

(PS: And thanks for the kind words, guys. I really appreciate you all being in my corner. Things will work out, one way or the other, it's just hard going through it.)

Guest Leslie2Lose

Bea - Carpet - yea! I know you are excited. Don't beat yourself up about yesterday. I did that for almost a week. I was so bad! Today is a new day - get out and do your run! I ran some this morning and walked. I love my morning workouts now...I am buying me an MP3 player when I get paid - I think my new one has bit the dust (you can read my blog for the particulars - I had to vent this morning - lol).

Mama - I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend. See - extracurricular workouts do pay off! Good for you - getting moving! Every bit helps. You burn more calories standing than sitting - so your chores standing up if you can (laundry and so forth). The yardwork burns a ton of calories too! I did yard work day before yesterday and could really tell the next day.

Nurse - those personal training sessions sound awesome. I'd love to do that. I don't have the money right now though (envious). I'm doing a 5K in November. I'm looking forward to it too! I'm going to do the Callaway Gardens Walk (Near Columbus, GA) as well. You walk at night through the Festival of Lights (which is spectacular!!!)....all proceeds go to the March of Dimes. There are a few of us bandsters in the area that are getting together and carpooling for that walk.

Leslie - My hubby just bought a new Zen MP3 player. I've sort of taken it over as it's nicer than my old Ipod. He bought me a arm strap for it so I can use it when I run. The only thing I don't like about it is that you have to take it all the way out to see what you are doing or to turn up the volumn or turn it off. Minor inconveniences, I know. Anyway, it's kind of pricey, IMHO, but nice.

Okay, so today I was feeling sorry for myself. I ate too much yesterday, the girls in my classes are young and skinny, the scale isn't moving as fast as I would like, and I took progress pics a couple of days ago (I don't see a big difference). I knew I had to do something to keep me going and motivated. So I decided to measure myself as I haven't done it in a long while, since May. I only did my waist and hips, but I've lost 6.5 inches off my waist and 5.5 inches off my hips. I'll do my boobs, arm, neck, and thigh later. So the moral to this story is to measure yourself even if you don't feel like you're doing very well. It helps to know that it's coming off even if the scale says "hell no!". :biggrin2:

Guest Leslie2Lose

Bea that is wonderful!!! Love love love to measure too...my scale is stuck but boy do I love that measuring tape. You rock girl!!!!!!!

Forget those skinny aint had a worry in their pubescent life girls - I'll come sit on one if you want me to. Just think - we'll soon look like them. No wait - better!!!

Okay Leslie, I'm really mad at you!!! Here I thought you were my friend and now this! You just had to mention what a great place Kohl's is didn't you? I think I've only been in there one time because there hasn't been one very close to me, well today I see one and decide to stop in. OMG! It's my new fav!! I can't believe I haven't been in there before now. I see a new addiction forming! So, I think it's only fair to warn you that when my husband is upset because I'm spending so much time and money in there, I'm blaming you girlfriend!! LOL! :tt2: