Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

My last fill was a little too tight - I had to get some taken out. Right now I can eat 1 1/2 cups of food at at time. I can't eat pizza or any kind of bread. I can eat just about anything else. I think a small fill will get me to my sweet spot. I've never been able to eat scrambled eggs though - I've had to say bye bye to them for life.

I started the Couch to 5K program last month. I really enjoy it. I never though I'd like to run. I feel like a million bucks when I'm done. To me it is important to get moving - no matter what you chose to do - find something you enjoy too. It makes the time go by faster.

I ended up joining the local YMCA because I just couldn't find the time to exercise at home. Part was the kids and the other part was my excuses of why I couldn't. It is also really hot right now - like you the heat just zapped me. The Y offers lots of variety too - so I don't get bored with one thing.

I'm so glad you've posted. It was good to hear from you. I wonder where everyone else has gone. I think we (Avengers) have hit our plateau - things are starting to slow down. Maybe that's why it is so slow lately.

Hopefully others will write too!

Tell me a little more about the couch to 5K...how have you started that?

Hey guys! My problem isn't a plateau in the normal sense, but it's my own fault. It's summer and my kids are home. And like you said, it's just too hot to do much of anything outside. I'm still loosing, miraculously, but not like I should be. I haven't been exercising. We've been hanging out a lot with friends and the frozen margaritas are oh so good when it's so hot out! :ohmy: We've also been eating out a lot. Anyway, school starts in a couple of weeks for my kids and for me, so having a routine again will really help. I'm also taking a P.E. and a weight training class. It's a good way to kick my booty into gear again. I also need to be in the April bandsters rooms again. It helps to have the support of those who started this journey when you did. I had to have a small unfill (only 1/4 cc) because I got a stomach bug and my band got so tight I could hardly get Water down. I'll go back in a couple of weeks to have it put back and hopefully a little more. That'll help too.

Leslie - I like to run too. I was doing it until July when things got chaotic for me and I got strep. I just haven't started in again. I don't know why I do that to myself because now it'll be like starting over. :) I can't wait until it gets cooler out so I can run again outside. I get so bored on the treadmill even though I have a T.V. in there and I listen to music. Of course it won't cool off enough until October, so I guess I better just suck it up and start on the treadmill again! Ha! Anyway, you are doing great. We seem to have a lot in common. Keep in touch and I'll be better about coming in here more often. Keep up the good work!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

The couch to 5k is a program where you start slowly and build up where you can actually run a 5K.

Cool Running :: The Couch-to-5K Running Plan

Above is the link to the coolrunning site that tells you more about it. There are also podcasts you can download to an MP3 player or iPod. I need to download them myself. Your run is set to music based on what week you are working on. The music will chime/change when it is time to walk or run.

Hi Bea! Sounds like you are having a busy summer. I think that's part of the reason I'm not as focused too. Now that school has started back - hopefully I can get back on track as well.

Bea - hello! You've made magnificent progress since our band day! I have recently gotten a fill where I feel a difference, and have since lost 11 lbs! Finally! I was beginning to think that I was NEVER going to lose anything! Today, I went to Jenny Craig and weighed in, hoping to have lost 2 lbs, but imagine my suprise when I was down 3! :) Yay.

Good luck with getting moving again - that's a huge hurdle.

Take care! :ohmy:

Hey Nurse! Glad to hear from ya! Congrats on the weight loss! I'm glad you are doing well and are feeling some restriction. I didn't feel much of anything until my 3rd one. I'll be ready again in a couple of weeks. Good luck to you and keep in touch!!

I want to be involved in this thread, as I was banded 4/29/08...I've been bad lately - I'm down 29lbs preop and after band...is that too little? :tt2: I started my liquid diet 2 weeks prior to the surgery, I did loose 12lbs and the rest post op... I go for my 3rd fill on 8/14/08 -

Well guys have a great weekend and I'll be coming around more often! :tongue:

I'm glad I checked in and caught up on all the posts. I was feeling a little frustrated and it's good to know I'm not alone. I had my second fill and feel a little closer to my sweet spot but I'm not loosing as fast as I would like. Of course, I have no one to blame but myself - I get zero excercise, I drink wine every day and dine out easily 4-5 times a week (work related). I expected my weight loss to be slower than most but have been a little discouraged lately. It's pretty clear the key thing missing for me is exercise - I guess it's time to suck it up and make it my top priority instead of my top excuse.

Cheers!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I'm glad everyone is posting again. I think it gives us accountability and reminds us that we aren't alone. It is so easy to settle into old habits. Thanks for being here!

HI everybody!!!!

I am so glad to see everyone again! I hope our group comes back to life and stays active. You know 'they' say that the support can help with our success. We can bounce things off eachother and kick butt!!

~C

Guest Leslie2Lose

Turler!!!!! Hey hon! Our Bandiversary is tomorrow :-)

Oh my goodness, you're right!

I am feeling better by the way. I am not having any trouble eating this last week. I am much more at peace with the smaller portions this week than I've been. Thank you so much for all the support you've given me. All of you!

~C

THANK YOU LESLIE for stirring the pot and getting this posts coming in again. Good to see everyone.

I agree about exercise being tough. It's so sad to me as when I was in my 20s and 30s, I was a gym rat, took dance classes all week, and living in Manhattan, walked everywhere. And no real weight problem.

Now, I'm so tired all the time, I put it last. And all the old injuries that start to hurt whenever I begin an exercise program. I'm probably starting some physical therapy next week, and I'm going to try to hit the pool again, but it's so much tougher than it used to be. Of course, the exercise dropped off even more when I got move to LA- took a car everywhere. And then remarried and actually liked my husband this time, so I stay around instead of running away. And as I get older and my job more involved, I'm home later, then make dinner, then clean up.....and by then it's 7-8PM and I'm tired. I wish I was a morning person. I wish everything in my legs didn't hurt. And somehow I've got to overcome this, because the weight loss is going to slow down and I'll need exercise more and more.

I hear ya Gwenn!

I'm in the same boat. I was telling my DD and DH about the Couch to 5K Program and they both seemed interested. Maybe if they join me I'll be a little more motivated. My feet hurt something awful. I stand on them all day long for 12 hours and by the end of the day I just can't bear the thought of doing ONE MORE THING!!!! I keep saying that on my days off I will do something, but I never do. WHY oh WHY??? LOL

We have got to do something about this!

~C

Guest Leslie2Lose

I just finished my week 2 run (the training program is for 9 weeks). I usually run on the treadmill, but I took it outside today. I finally downloaded the podcast. It made a world of difference. My 6 year old ran with me - she loved it. She was grinning - and laughing the whole way. It was awesome! :-)