Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Welcome Back Fenton!!! Glad you are back safe and sound!!

:thumbup::laugh::frown::laugh::):laugh::laugh::laugh:

So happy to see that you've returned to your senses and not given up on yourself and your band. Congratulations on getting your first fill!

I think you are an intelectual hottie and if it were not for the fact that I am married with 3 kids I'd be trying to court you. You have so much to offer....you'll find the right person when you get all the head stuff under a bit of control. I've been having a hard time with the head stuff too lately.

I have restriction and that keeps me in line, but I get frustrated when I can't stuff my feelings by stuffing food in my mouth. Maybe I should get some help with it.

Christine

Camping at home is overrated.... day 4 without electric power in central Ohio but the electric company is working like mad to get power back on as fast as they can and to as big chunks of people and then the poor rural folks like me are lower priority. They say maybe by Sunday so that will be 7 days. I threw away all items in my refrigerator yesterday that had been opened. I mourned the food loss as only a person with eating challenges could.

On the positive, my brother who lives nearby got my power generator going for me (it was in the garage collecting dust for 3 years from the time I bought it) and I got it connected up and started and lo and behold---partial power! I had been smart enough to pay for an electrician to wire up a power transfer switch box to my electric circuit panel so I plug the cord from the generator into the special wall socket and then go to the breaker box and flip a few switches and my refrigerator, AC, furnace blower (the electric part of a gas furnace), Water sump pump to keep my basement dry, and my master bedroom lights are all working! Yea!!! It felt good to be able to snuggle in my bed with a good book and read with real lights - reading by candlelight or a flashlight once you get past the big 5-0 doesn't work as well. So, I'm actually less depressed than I was yesterday because I got a good night's sleep and feel hopeful I can do this for 3-4 more days. It will probably cost me a 5 gallon can of gas each day for the convenience of power in the evenings and overnight but it will be worth it. The gym at our work has allowed anyone to come and take a hot shower until their power is on too -- did I mention those with electric hot water heaters have no hot water... at least I have a gas water heater and a gas stove so I can heat water up for coffee but being without a microwave seems so weird!

Okay, enough whining from the peanut gallery. I can't imagine how it must be to be in Texas, Lousianna, Florida and other states where they have hurricanes take out power for a week at a time on a regular or annual basis. God bless those hearty souls! At least for us here in Ohio, we are having perfect fall weather so we aren't sweltering in the heat and humidity like Texas is for now.

Anybody have a Bodybugg and use it and what do you think of it? How much are they? I noticed that they Biggest Loser Families show was using it last night. Did you see those incredible weight losses -- one guy lost something like 24 pounds in a week! Even a couple girls lost like 17 lbs in a week. I love the show because I see how motivated they get. I did notice they worked one lady so hard she was puking in a trash can..ugh! Okay, get into the gym and start burning more calories.

Fenton, I too am very glad you're back. I always look forward to reading about your walks through NY and some of the delightful restaurants you visit. So welcome back old friend. I decided last night that I have been eating just a tad too many carbs and that is keeping my loss at a slow pace so I am going to go low carb for a while and see if that helps. I hope you all have a great day.

Special K I am glad that you got your generator up and running!!!! With that going, that has to make it better for you guys. I am not a camper... even if it were at home!!!

I went to the surgeon today, down 11 pounds from my fill last month!!! I updated my ticker!!! The doctor was very pleased with the progress. I figured I only have 30.5 pounds to go and I won't be morbidly obese... just severely obese!!!!:)

Hey folks!

Tess - congrats on your weight loss. I'm sure you will keep it going.

SpecialK - While I really enjoy all the Biggest Loser shows. (I even applied to the show......which if you knew me well, you would realize that telling my personal history [12 page application] is NOT my style) They spend ALL day exercising. I mean that is their job while they are on the show. We would all lose double digits if we spent all day exercising and had trainers and the right foods. I'm not saying that they have it easy, but they are focused only on losing weight. Plus, see what happens next week. Usually the second week is a tough one because their bodies are saying "WHAT THE HECK" and they don't lose as much weight.

It is good tv to show these great weight losses. It was amusing last night because both Jill and Bob taunted the contestants about sitting at home and watching it on tv. (eating their chips and such)

I'll be honest, I enjoy the show and this time when watching it, I am losing weight and it feels good to go "yep, I am losing weight".

Fenton - I'm glad you sort of made fun of how much you were missed. I was going to post a comment about your harem missing you, but I was afraid I would be blown off the board. I'm sorry you had such a rough time. While it may be hard to believe, posting when you are having trouble works. I guess you have to be ready to move along though. I am sure that you will move along. Welcome to the group of bandsters who have acutally had a fill. :)

SpecialK - glad to hear you survived! Now, of course, *I* want a generator!

And congratulations on your progress, Tess. I'm very intrigued about what it'll be like to be working with a filled band. I have to say that the last 24 hours have been pretty noisy, filled with stomach rumbling. But I'm doing fine - everything's going down OK, nothing's coming back up. I'm just hungry.

Of course, I'm hungrier because of my recent weeks of bad eating, so it'll serve me right!

And thanks. Teasing aside, it was nice to be missed.

You class up the place.

post-55753-13813667300275_thumb.jpg

post-226636-13813137578009_thumb.jpg

Tess ---Congratulations. That's a nice loss.

Fenton---I'm really glad you're back. I was also deeply moved by your words regarding your loss. Although she was referring to death---Emily Dickinson said, “parting is all we know of heaven---and all we need of hell.” But when we lose people we love – it sure feels the same as death. If I can help—email me. ------ formerly Rugman.

WELCOME BACK, FENTON!

How was Paris? Truly one of the most magical places I've had the privilege of visiting!

I've been slipping a little lately, too.....I've got a big trip planned ONE MONTH from today.....girls only weekend in Las Vegas! I am DETERMINED to have another 10 pounds off by then.....SO THE RACE IS ON!~!

On a side note, my "BABY" girl got her driver's license today.....I'm thrilled for her, but it's sure a little melancholy for me.....the time just goes so fast!

SpecialK, glad you have that back up generator. Sorry you still don't have power fully up and running.

Tess, you are an ispiration. You offer such great advice and are doing so very, very well. Congratulations on your loss!

I have made it halfway to my first goal!!! (At the time I set it I did not imagine I would ever reach it, but now it seems to be a reality....It still keeps me in the overweight catagory though, so we will see how I feel when I get there about changing it.) I think I may actually be able to make it to 60lbs lost by my 6 month anniversary if I work really hard.

Christine

Christine - WTG! on being half way to goal!!!! Can't wait until I can say that too!!

Harley - My oldest son is taking diving lessons right now, OMG! It seems like he was just in grade school not that long ago! Time does fly by, now we are college shopping etc... This is my first of 2 and I am trying to grasp the growing up thing myself.

I haven't seen the biggest loser... I should watch it, everyone at work is talking about it and thought for sure I would be into it with my own journey going on. I am going to DVR it and check it out.