Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I would like to give yoga a try. I need to find a way to relax and I hear it is very good for the core muscles. I have taken a few tai chi classes in the past and am looking forward to taking some tai chi classes as well. I am going to talk to my doctor about excersizes today.

Christine

I agree, get rid of the chocolate. I have been so tempted myself to but just one candy bar at the grocery store checkout. I have a great alternative: you can get a great chocolate pudding cup, South Beach Diet Living. Find it in the grocery store where the Jello pudding cups are. It is my treat when i am having that chocolate craving.

Today is my weigh in day. first thing when I get to work this morning.

I am retiring some clothes, at 6 weeks post op. I am so excited. I broke down and bought a few new shirts to treat myself. I wanted to have something a bit more fashionable than my boxy blouses, and getting them a size smaller... yippee :biggrin2:

My walking group is great. We try to go out whenever possible and with 4 of us walking now we usually get at least 2 of us at a time to get out there. Last night another night if 2.7 miles in 50 minutes and not being winded felt so good.

Still trying to post my picture, but it gets on here so big....any hints

Fenton, congrats on the book, I definitely am going to read it. I love to read!!!!!

and to all, congrats on all the weight loss and accomplishments. Keep up the good work

Lynn

Off to work....just wanted to wish you all a GOOD MORNING and thank you for being part of my BAND JOURNEY.....not be confused with the band, Journey.....hee hee....

HAVE A GREAT DAY.......AND REMEMBER

IT'S ONLY FOOD!

Harley Girl - I actually saw Journey when I was a youngster (18 or 19) cant remember!! I loved them!!

Say a prayer for me - going to the doctor and getting my first fill on Monday - it just cant come fast enough - bandster hell for the last two weeks!!

Ah Journey... don't stop believing!

I think we need an anthem here at the shamROCKS.:)

I was banded March 20 in Chattanooga TN. I get my first fill April 22. I'm still getting the hang of this website, has anyone got a tip on how to get my tickerfactory tape in my replies?

Harley Girl - I actually saw Journey when I was a youngster (18 or 19) cant remember!! I loved them!!

Say a prayer for me - going to the doctor and getting my first fill on Monday - it just cant come fast enough - bandster hell for the last two weeks!!

"Say a prayer for me" I think that is Duran Duran

LOL:lol:

I was banded March 20 in Chattanooga TN. I get my first fill April 22. I'm still getting the hang of this website, has anyone got a tip on how to get my tickerfactory tape in my replies?

At the top of this page look for--User CP-- and click

this takes you to your user information. On the left side scroll down to --Settings and Options-- find --edit signature-- and click

See the edit box? This is where you paste the information you copied from the ticker site. (if you haven't done that yet open a new tab and set up your ticker at Graphical Tickers and Trackers: Weight Loss, Trying To Conceive, Pregnancy...)

Good luck

How do you feel? Do you feel much of a difference. I can't wait for my fill. 5/1

Harley- I am sooo with you on the arms.. My sister grabbed my "wings" this weekend, and said, "you gonna do something about this?" AGGHHH! I could've smacked her, but really it was a wake up call.. I had no idea what they looked like under there.. I pulled out the resistance bands today, and plan on do them 2x a day.. On the hospital website where I got my surgery the personal trainer has pics of how he teaches to use the bands (that they gave us).. They are super cheap, and he said that the exercises do they same thing as a Bowflex?! It's only 2-3 set of 10-15 reps, and he told me to pic 3 different exercises to do daily, and it will tone up my arms in no time:) Here is the link if you or anyone else is interested.. Personal Fitness Component

The sets are easy, and fun! I swear:) There is also a link on the right for the stability ball exercises..

Carrie- Put the candy down and step away slowly.. lol One trick my sister taught me: If something looks delish, and is getting the best of you- smother it in ketchup.. It probably wouldn't work for french fries, but I bet it would for candy bars!:glare:

Fenton- a late congrats on your book! I heart reading:) I am a huge Janet Evanovich fan, her books are addicting! As well as Mitch Albom, Stephen King, and John Grisham, amongst many others.. Best of luck to you, and I'll be sure to check out the bookstore to get it ordered!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

:)Kerri

ps- MY scale IS BROKEN?! Could this be a sign?? lol I should really let well enough alone, but it is killing me.. I'll have to buy a good one on pay day! GRRRRR!! Here's to hoping the new one shows better numbers;)

Christine, I'd like to try tai chi too. I bought a couple of home tai chi DVDs, but they're kind of peculiar - you look at Rodney Yee doing yoga, and it's, like, "Yeah... Ancient Asian wisdom! The path to a beautiful mind in a beautiful body!", but if you look at my tai chi DVDs, it's like "Hmmm. A group of lumpy Australians in sweat suits doing weird exercises..."

Harley, clearly you hit the sauce prior to heading to work this morning. What, the Ice Tea talk too seductive for you to resist?

Music: if we start turning on the Journey, I will run screaming out of here! Amanda - I love Duran Duran, and "Save a Prayer" is one of my favourites. I figure once this whole thing is done, I'll take a month off and travel in Asia, maybe in Sri Lanka, where the "Save a Prayer" video was shot.

Thanks Lynn and KPod for the kind words re: my book, and KPod! THANKS for posting that exercise link! It's great!

Kerri, thanks for the website with the band excersizes. They look really, really doable. I think I'll buy myself a band and get to work on those arms.

Harley, while waiting for the train this morning I saw a guy who looked just like the lead singer of the band Journey. It ends up he's the lead singer in a Journey look alike band who ( according to other passengers) are really good. It's kind of strange to come home form work and log on to find you guys talking about Journey here.

Christine

I went for my first fill today. Dr. Ren put 3cc in my 10cc APS band. She told me to schedule another for next Friday...the receptionist worked really hard at getting me an appt, but it ends up she scheduled it for this Friday and I did not notice until I was on the bus. Too late to call and reschedule at that point, but I'll call tomorrow.

I'm on liquids for 2 days and then mushies for 2 days, so I won't know if I have restriction or not until Saturday when I begin real foods again.

I told the surgeon that I would like to get that first week after surgery feeling of satiety and satisfaction and she said that is what we are aiming for. I was so relieved to hear it. I was fearing that I had unrealistic expectations.

The scale is stalled, but it's OK. No gain, no loss...I'll take it.

Christine