Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

MYdesign.png

I am a little late Posting, I appologize.

I am the ultimate Shrinking Shamrock. By Banding was done on the 17th!

First fill scheduled for May 14 and very excited.

They do seem pretty cool.....maybe I'll get one with my tax return...

OH WAIT.....I'M NOT GETTING A TAX RETURN.....

hahahahahahahaha, sometimes I crack myself up.

LOL! Harley, I love to read your posts. I am so glad you are a Shrinking Shamrock!

LOL! Harley, I love to read your posts. I am so glad you are a Shrinking Shamrock!

Well...thank you!

I'm so glad I'm a Shrinking Shamrock, too......

this is a great group....we're going to have a great time together!

The scale has finally moved i lost 5 pounds this week. Woo Hoo!

I have a 9 year old daughter and she weights around 70 pounds and from my highest weight till now that is how much weight i have lost. I lost most of it with just normal dieting and exersize before the band. Now Im hoping to lose that much more in the next 7 months.

Great job scrappy!!!!

I did get my bugg yesterday. It seems pretty self explanatory. I believe this will be a great tool for me with regards to excersise. I will let you all know how my firt week goes.

I got my fil on Thursday. Not bad at all. I do feel restriction. I am not able to go back for another 8 to 10 weeks. hopefully that will last me till then. My doctor seems to schedule everyone the same way. For instance if I feel I need a fill before 8 weeks, I cant get one. Does anyone else have this problem?

That body bugg sounds like a great tool. I ordered my new cool tool as soon as it was available for preorder. I ordered the Wii fit board and software for my favorite toy, my Wii. It will be out end of May and it will be shipped to me then. Luckily enough I had a lot of Amazon gift certificates (from my super great bro and work) so it cost me no out of the pocket $$$. I'll have to let you all know how it works when it comes.

This is a great site for all us shrinking shamrocks to share our stories.

Sueangel, Please let us know what the Wii fit stuff turns out to be like. My DH got us a Wii over spring break (claimed it was for the kids :tongue:), and I'd be interested to find out more about the Wii fit package. Thanks! :biggrin:

congrats, scrappy! that's quite an achievement.

as for the wii fit board, i can't wait to get one! thanks for the idea.

had another fill on thursday and i think it's working. it's early days, but my in between hunger is back to what it was in the weeks right after surgery. i hope it lasts for awhile.

hope everyone else is doing well.

Hi Shamrocks!

I can't remember who asked about the gall bladder pills. I have to take Uso Forte for 6 months post surgery. Without it, the chances are good that I would end up needed gall bladder surgery. YIKES! I have to admit that the stuff is nasty. I crushed up the pill about 5 days after surger and choked it down with applesauce. The next day I went to a different pharmacy and bought the liquid kind. It is still pretty nasty, but the amount you take is much smaller and easier to choke down.

Fill schedule: I think the docs are as different on this as they are about everything else. My docs will do a fill at 4 weeks if you beg and cry about hunger. I have my fill set for 6 weeks. I see them monthly after that and I believe they will give you fills monthly. I'm looking forward to my fill on 5/7.

I had to go to a chinese restaurant yesterday. I HATE all you can eat places. I really don't want to pay to serve myself! Anyway, I ended up eating the chicken from the chicken and broccoli entree. I have to say there really wasn't much else that I could eat. I did try a spoon of wonton Soup, but it didn't taste good. I doubt I ate 1/2 cup of food, so I guess the band is working. I felt full. I don't think I had any restriction. I think my stomach is just used to tiny amounts of food.

Well, I overdid the exercise on Wednesday. It took me until today to recover. I think I won't overdo it again. It is hard to stick to an exercise schedule if you can't walk without limping!

Scrappy! What wonderful weight loss. I'd jump up and down if I lost 5 pounds in one week. I'm lucky if I loose 2! Keep up the good work!

Scrappy, congratulations on your 5 lb weightloss that is quite an achievement.

I've been waiting to weigh myself on Monday and keeping off of the scale this week so I'll let you know what it says when I weigh Monday. Hopefully, it's going down in the right direction.

Tomorrow night DH and I are going to the dinner Theater for which we have season tickets. This will be the first show since surgery, so I'll have to pick and choose what I eat off of the buffet. I'm going to try my best to stick with as healthy as I can get food of this gourmet type buffet. It will be interesting to say the least!!

Hopeinapril, thanks for responding about the gall bladder medication. I guess this means that I’m at risk of needing surgery too. I need to learn to ask more questions when I am sitting in front of my doctor

Scrappy - this is for you... skip click skip click, tap tap tap shimmy shimmy, and shake! That was me clicking my heels and happy dancing to Celebrate your 5 lb weight loss!!!! WHOOOO HOOOOO

I am still walking. Today I walked by myself. Well I was on my cell phone. It was ok. I am sore and happy.

Fenton, thank you for the invitation to the men's room! I've never been there, but I'm going today - or maybe tomorrow. Don't worry I won't post there; I'll just review the body bugg chart and duck if I see any guys coming. I did not read far enough to know that there is a $100 yearly fee. That's crazy. I mean if you've paid for the equipment you shouldn't have to pay so much to use the site. What is this about Nike having a piece of equipment? Is comparable to the bugg? Does anyone know the name of this device? I'd love to check it out. Let me know if you come across any info on that.

Well my homework is screaming for me to get to work! Later fellow Shamrocks!

Edited by enjoylife

Scrappy! I am so HAPPY for you!!! You must feel wonderful to know that all this weight is gone for good!!

Congratulations!

Christine

Hi Teri:

FYI, the gall bladder pills.....My docs give anyone who still has a gall bladder the pills for 6 months after surgery. The studies show that many people who have lapband surgery and DON'T take the pills have a high percentage of a chance of having gallstones and end up having the gall bladder removed. I have to admit that the idea of enduring another surgery is not one I want. It is not that I had a bad experience. I honestly believe now that most of the reason it took me so long to recover was that I had a hernia repair as well. I certainly didn't bounce back like some folks! Anyway, that is a long way of saying that my doc gives the pill to anyone who still has their gall bladder.

Damn, I thought I was doing great with a 11 kilo loss (24 pounds) since my surgery on March 6th, then Scrappy come along with 55 lbs lost since March 17th??? NO FAIR!!!

Tell me all your secrets!