Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

bratz'n'sharon - I'm in a similar boat to you guys. It's a month since I got banded, and I'm only down 14 lbs. And it worries me because I'm a guy, and we tend to lose faster than women.

And then I remind myself that the scale number isn't just about fat - it's muscle, and Water and all sorts of stuff. I know it's IMPOSSIBLE for me not to be losing fat - my calorie intake has been in the 1200's to 1500's, and I've been far, far more active than in the bad old days of, uh, January. There's less being taken in, and more being used up, so I know I'm burning fat. And today I found that I'd gone down a shirt size.

You have to free yourself from looking at progress just in terms of numbers, and start thinking more about other stuff, the so-called NonScale Victories (NSV) - changes in waistline, or arm circumference, clothing becoming loose, people asking if you've lost weight. And, maybe most important of all, you've got to notice how you're feeling: and I, for one, am feeling a whole lot better now that I'm eating less and losing weight. Or burning fat.

Just hang in there - we all have bad days, we all have stalls ("plateaus"), and we just have to ride them out.

What else are you going to do, go back to the eating habits that brought us here? I think NOT! That's just not an option!

Just tough it out - you'll get there in the end...

Edited by Fenton

Lisa, one trick is to keep a glass of Water by you when you're watching TV, and to drink at every commercial break.

I know it's been said before, but really, until we start getting fills (unless you're one of those lucky people who got some saline during surgery:wink2: or poor Evelas!), any weight loss beyond the liquid phase is just icing on the proverbial cake. (Ooh, what kind of cake??? :biggrin:)

I think it's hard to look at everyone's weight tickers sometimes because it's easy to assume that the starting weight on it is from the date of surgery. Usually, it's not. That's something to keep in mind... :lol:

i decided the weight is not the whole change. I have seen a great change in how things are fitting. No "muffin tops" over the tops of my bra, looseness in several of my clothes, especially around the hips. I have shirts that I would pull and tug on to stretch enough to feel comfortable and now, bang they fall over my hips.....I am only 16 days post op, still on liquids and go to DR tomorrow so will have my weight loss to record. All in all I just feel I made the best choice for me..and looking forward to a healthier, happier lifestyle

Thanks Fenton, great idea as always. Just so you know, I almost called myself 'BrandNewLester' just for you, but me thinks you protest to much. I have a sneaking feeling that you love being in a thread full of women!!!!:bolt:

Lisa I have a Water jug 32oz from weight watchers that I keeped filled and when I have filled it twice I know I have had 64oz of fluids.

Fenton and everybody else thanks for all the support. You are right this is't a dash but a marathon and one must pace themself and recognize all accomplishments not just a number. Thank you all so much for your encouraging words and support

Hey everyone....only 5 more days till my first fill and i cant wait.....soooooo need it!!!!! but something cool happened to me yesterday morning :bolt:

2494BABY.jpg

YYYYAAAAAAYYYYYY

anyway....I think i am doing ok...i am down 15 from surgery and about 31 since feb 15th so things are going good...and i am down 39 i think it is from my highest so i am happy....Hope everyone else is doing great just think...last month we were not even close to this weight loss so we are doing great....

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

frances i love your pic you took. I will have to do that for my scrapbook. I plan on doing a small album of my weight loss.

as far as Water goes i carry a water bottle with me all the time. i like to freeze it half full with ice over night and add Water in the morning. stays nice and cold. that way.

YES YES YES!!! i am scrapbooking also.....i have been slacking on it but i took the pic well to Celebrate the number but to also put it in my scrapbook :bolt:

and i carry a Water bottle with me EVERYWHERE!!!

I'm not doing a weightloss scrapbook but I plan to be a much bigger part of my family scrapbooks once I can stand to look at a picture of myself!

:thumbup:Nice job Frances! Ummm, I don't even remember the last time the scale was under 300, let alone 250! Keep up the great work!

Me too! I'm anxious to see 299 come up on my scale. :bolt:

thx for the support I am just doing the eliptical and the bike at the gym but for an hour 30 & 30. Do you think it is too much to soon. It just seems that everyone else that I read has lost substantial amount of weight by the time they are going into their third week. I am just frustrated and impatient. Sitting on the ball is a good idea thx

lbs2go, I was too banded on the 19th and have gained some weight since being put on mushies. I am worried, but I keep hearing that it will soon end and we will start to loose weight again.

Great victory Frances. I love that idea. I'll have to do that also when I reach a milestone........Kathy