Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Sharona, I liked what you said about visiting here more often and also the fact that at 59 you think you would have learned! So true! We always put everyone else first and I have come to realize that the time for me is now and is one of the reasons I had the surgery. I do not regret my decision as I feel it is one of the best things I have ever done for myself. Rome wasn't built in a day as they say! Keep on trying everyone!!

I too find that when I drop by this site more often, I do better.

Sharon, Going back to the gym is great. I wish I could make time for myself to take some classes, but it's just not possible. So it's me and my treadmill for now. In a couple of years, all the kids will be in school and on my days off I should be able to work in some gym time.

Everyone keep up the good work!

Christine

Aaaaargh. I just dropped off my kids at school. As I was walking past the open doors after I had dropped them some kid yelled out "Hey look...she's really fat!" Actually he yelled it a couple of times. I am so glad I had already dropped my boys off and that they did not go in that wing of the school.

I, of course, just kept walking...It was definitaly me the kid was talking about I was the only one walking past that part of the building at that time.

So I came home and looked in the mirror and reminded myself that even though I am still fat....I am not THAT fat....Not as fat as I was 70 pounds ago.

We are going to Hawaii next week. My 3 year old daughter was talking about going to a Luau and doing the Hula dance. I told her we would all try it and it would be fun. She started to laugh and said it would be weird to see Aunt Laura doing the Hula with her fat belly. (My sister Laura who is much thinner than me, who is coming with us on vacation). I explained how anyone can Hula and that it's not nice to judge what people can or cannot do based on their body habitus (in kid words of course). The bottom line is where does all this "fat" stuff start? We talk about healthy eating and healthy habits at home. It would have broken my heart if my kids were walking with me while that kid was shouting about me being so fat....not to mention that some of the kids in that area at that time I'm sure know who's mom I am.

Anyway...letting it go now...just had to vent.

Christine

Good morning!

Christine - Isn't it amazing that one lone comment can stick! Mostly, I get good reactions, but occasionally I get that sort of thing. I figure they don't know where I started or how much progress I have made!

Exercise - goodness, I can't seem to get into that swing of things. I have no excuse! I have a wii fit and love the thing, but I haven't turned it on in quite a while. I have a Christmas party dress in my closet that I would like to wear to the holiday parties this year. I haven't tried it on yet, but it should fit. Maybe I should try it on and if it doesn't that will motivate me to exercise?

I had to walk about 10 blocks the other day and did it with no problem and felt good afterward. That should have motivated me to exercise more, but I am having a hard time just getting started again. Maybe I should just play with the game since I am off work this week. I have plenty of time...

OK, thanks for listening to my rambling!! :biggrin:

Hi Shamrocks! Been out of touch a little lately but still working at this lapband thing. I'm in Arizona now for the holidays visiting with family and this is the first time they are seeing me -120 lbs since the last time they saw me. clearly thrilled and happy for me.

Gotta be vigilant though as I still want to eat to relax and enjoy time with them because we did that in the past.

I did get out and took a kick butt long walk for over an hour this a.m. for exercise.

Take care,

K

having the time to exercise is so difficult, never enough hours in the day

Lots of stress, so not eating properly and unfortunately it is showing on the scale. Nead a swift kick in the butt to get back in gear

My sister let me know they have a really good quality treadmill in their basement and I went down and got a good workout in this a.m. for 45 min. Trying to set a good example for her that it is possible. Plus it will help me beat back some calories from Thanksgiving.

Hang in there Shamrocks. Remember take a portion and eat it and then see if you have room for more. This is helping me eat small volume but a few more times in a day.

Hi Special K - good for you! I'm proud that you exercised!

I was a little worried about Thanksgiving.....lol, but my band took care of me. Not in the way I was hoping. I got something (ground turkey) stuck in my band on Wednesday. Nasty episode, so I really couldn't eat on Thanksgiving. (I'm still scared to eat!) I did manage a little mashed sweet potatoes and regular ones as well....

OK, now I need to stay away from the holiday cookies! Onward and downward on the scale!

Too many parties, too many Cookies, too many pies, too many holidays I'm up 11 pounds and not happy.

And I had part of my fill taken out 3 weeks ago. I was having reflex at night. Now I want at least part of it back.

Its hard getting back to not eating the junk but I am working on it.

If you've found a food product that has made your weight loss journey a lot easier, please post in the new thread "Great Food Finds" in the food and nutrion forum.

Too many parties, too many Cookies, too many pies, too many holidays I'm up 11 pounds and not happy.

And I had part of my fill taken out 3 weeks ago. I was having reflex at night. Now I want at least part of it back.

Its hard getting back to not eating the junk but I am working on it.

Oh, how I understand. I also am up about 10# hate myaself for it, but working realy hard to get back on track..

No reflux and wondering if I may need a slight fill...sometimes I can eat almost anything and other times I can feel the restriction

Also, just had some revision surgery on my recent thigh lift, so gettig around and/or exercising is a bit limited.

OK, I haven't logged in here in almost a year, but what a hell of a year that's been.

And that's where my question is coming from. Am I the only one who has had their marriage/relationship go completely to hell and feel that the band is to blame?

My STBX and I both got the bands (mine March 08, his September 08) and I am truly feeling like the weight loss has changed us both into completely different people that not only don't love each other but he's just completely gone out into left field with his issues. Mind you, he is 38 and left me for a teenager his own daughter's age! She is over 18, so although not fine by me (the cheating and leaving part) she is legal.

I guess I can't blame the band, maybe we were just in love because we were both fat and now that we're not, there's nothing left for us anymore.

BTW, I do have to say that I am kinda glad he's gone! He left me 6 months ago, right when his big loss kicked in and now when I see him in court he just grosses me out! If he looks that saggy and melty in clothes, I'm just thankful I don't have to see him naked anymore! Wonder how long his little 19 year old girlfriend with think he's her "sexy cuddly bear".

sorry, I just had to vent and have been wondering if anyone else's world has changed way more drastically than they ever imagined!?!?

Hi Robin,

SOrry to hear about your relationship. I have heard that this can happen. I know Harley has recently gotten a divorce, but she has not bee here for a while and not sure how much of it stemmed from band related issues.

My DH was very worried about me getting the band, because I think he was always very confident that I would not leave him because of my weight and poor self confidence. Now it comes up when we discuss plastic surgery.

Best of luck to you!

Christine

I don't feel as if the band has changed my marriage at all. I was hoping some things would get better (blushing) but it hasn't. I'd say on a scale of 1-10 my marriage is a 5 both before and after losing weight.

well, I was divorced before my lapband, but will say it has given that boost of confidence to meet others..

In fact almost 1 year with my someone special..

I didn't tell him about my LB until August...felt the right time would present itself and it did. he has been supportive of my choice and there for me when I struggle.

Have to something about my "holiday" weight gain.. but working on it..with the hrlp of my recent 1cc fill.