Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I have the bat wings too, and saggy legs and saggy boobs but I dont think I'll do anything to fix them. I don't wear shorts or sleeveless shirts nor do I want to wear them, and I would never wear a 2 piece bathing suit I never have and have no desire to. My belly is in my way so I want that off. Now just to find the nerve to really do it.

Eating badly. I will own up to it. It only took about 3 days with my empty band to slip back in to old habits. I will regain control and increase the excersize time.

My goal is to show no gain when I go back to the doctor in 3 weeks.

I hosted Easter yesterday and made the mistake of keeping a lot of the leftovers....for the kids??? DH is out of town. After dinner tonight I will get rid of all the deserts and this scrumptious ham,egg and cheese cassarole that has more fat in a single serving than a whole day allows (thank you SIL). I will only keep the left over ham and the cut up fruit and veggies.

Hope everyone had a nice Holiday.

Christine

I too will do a Tummy Tuck, but I need to lose another 40 pounds before I will meet with a surgeon. I have an incisional hernia (c-sections) that causes me pain, so the insurance will cover part of the surgery. I would love to get a boob lift with a reduction too, but I don't think I could afford to do it all. My tummy really hangs, so that needs to be done.

Christine

I think I have plastic surgery in my future. I'm sure the tummy will have to be done. I'm young enough (and vain enough) to want to have the girls done too. The girls have never been very attractive, at least to me anyway, so I think I'll treat myself. I have a long way to go though.

Excellent NSV this weekend. Went shopping for my birthday and bought some new summer clothes. I'm down 5 sizes. I haven't been this size since college. It was very inspiring.

Sounds like everyone had a good Easter. Mine was nice and quiet. I didn't cook, so there was very little temptation.

Lisa - I hope you get those pics working; we'd love to see them.

Scrappy - you have to cut yourself a break. You're top of the class when it comes to this lapband stuff. You deserved a reward. I do however tip my hat to you for being so hard on yourself... it's probably why you are so successful. Kudos to you!!!

I considered it a victory of sorts to get through Easter yesterday here at my house with a total of about 1700 calories for the day and that was really keeping an eye on what I was doing.... heaven forbid what I must have eaten at Easter in years past!

I bagged up the leftover candy and took it into work today to get it out of the house. Shipped off the cheese ball, cracker, etc. to family to get them out of the house and thru away the rest of the chips and dip. I am learning it is better to let it go to waste than to waist!

Ha Ha!

I also kicked myself into getting down to the gym today on my lunch hour and got 40 minutes of cardio in and it was a yucky rainy evening at the end of work, and I said what the heck, go by the gym on the way home and put in a little more effort! Did about 30 minutes of weight resistance training and another 15 or so of cardio so I'm officially giving myself a gold star for starting the week out right. Now if I can keep it up one day at a time this week.

Still hovering below my 100 lb milestone mark so that is why I'm doubling my efforts to hopefully tell my body and metabolism I mean business and it may just as well give up those pounds or I'm going to beat it into submission....

Scrappy -- check out OHJuli's plastics thread - she has lost over 180 lbs and just had her plastic surgery and they took off 18 lbs total skin/flab with about 14 lbs I think she said was all the belly area so if that is anything close to you, you'd be almost at goal if you take 14 lbs of skin off you where you are now.

WOW! We are all proud of you for being the first March 2008 Shrinking Shamrock bandster to get this close to goal. We'll cheer you across the finish line if you promise to make room for us at the goal line.

SpecialK I'll make all the room I can for everyone of you to reach the finish line and I'll cheer for each of you as you cross.

I have read about ohjuli and I think she had a lot more done than I'll be able to do. I have been reading several of the threads about plastic surgery. I do think I'm gonna do the Tummy Tuck if insurance will cover it. I'm scared and excited. I guess the same as I felt about the lapband.

Well, I tossed the Easter stuff yesterday by mid afternoon....that's how badly it was going. Next Holiday it's all going with people. I'm not keeping any of it.

Today it's South Beach induction. Load up on the Protein. I cannot believe how incredibly hard yesterday was. It was totally like pre-band...No concious eating, just eating through the food because it was there.

Ok, so today's a new day.

Congrats Scrappy on almost being at goal!

Special K you are doing really well! Congrats!

Carrie, Congrats on the NSV!

Christine

I don't understand this pain....the solid Proteins really get it going about 45 minutes after eating. I have a lot of pain right now. I ate steak for dinner with a little broccoli. I did not overeat. I just dont' get it.

Christine

I don't understand this pain....the solid Proteins really get it going about 45 minutes after eating. I have a lot of pain right now. I ate steak for dinner with a little broccoli. I did not overeat. I just dont' get it.

Christine

I will get pain after eating certain foods: pork chops, steak, dry meats, bread, Pasta, rice. it usually gets stuck and then the sliming begins. The dryer and denser the meat the more trouble I have. depending on how well I chew. Sometimnes only a few bites is all I can eat.

I will have pain almost immediately if I eat wrong. I have never had issues 45 minutes later..

I also get pain at times if I eat too fast and too big a bite. I have to cut my meat into tiny pieces or I fall back into old habits and cut what used to be a normal sized piece and half chew it and then BAM! I am faced with instant pain. Has anyone had a problem with milk curdling in your pouch? I can't eat Breakfast because I am too tight. Today I thought I would have a glass of milk. I warmed it in the microwave first and sipped it. After drinking a small amount I felt a fullness in the pouch. Soon after I brought up curds of the milk. It was gross. I had a hard time getting them down.

I also get pain at times if I eat too fast and too big a bite. I have to cut my meat into tiny pieces or I fall back into old habits and cut what used to be a normal sized piece and half chew it and then BAM! I am faced with instant pain. Has anyone had a problem with milk curdling in your pouch? I can't eat breakfast because I am too tight. Today I thought I would have a glass of milk. I warmed it in the microwave first and sipped it. After drinking a small amount I felt a fullness in the pouch. Soon after I brought up curds of the milk. It was gross. I had a hard time getting them down.

I always try to eat small amounts in the AM. sometimes the Protein hot chocolate is good. Goes down with no problem. but I know early in the day many people have issues with being too tight and make morning a soft or liquid meal..

If I get a cup of coffee in, then that "warms" things up and I have no issues

My band is totally empty. I have no Fluid in it right now. I had a total unfill last week Tues to prove that the pain I have been having since October is not band related.

No more food getting stuck just the pain about an hour after eating. It sucks!

Christine

Hi Everyone, I also have a very hard time eating in the morning. I can usually only get in my double tall non-fat sugar free vanilla latte. Sometimes that can take me a couple of hours to get down. Then I am a little better by lunch. I can usually get in a couple pieces of deli turkey and a piece of cheese. Then dinner is pretty easy as long as the meat isn't too dry or tough.

Does anyone have trouble trying to make themselves eat after working out? I usually do not eat before I go and work out in the evening. So when I come home I should eat dinner. Many times I have to force myself to eat.

5 a.m. = 50 gram Protein Isopure shake

9 a.m. = dannon yogurt shake

12 p.m. = normal lunch chew well

3 or 4 pm = light snack.< /p>

6 p.m. to 7 p.m. = dinner normal small chew well.