Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Happy Bandiversary, K!!!

94 pounds in a year....just amazing!!

HEY....we need some one year update PICTURES...come on guys....show it off!!

Happy Bandiversary to all the Shamrocks who have one this week!

Odd thing happened today. I got on the scale this morning. The just a few minutes ago I got on the scale again, this time shoes and fully clothed. I weighed a pound less!!! silly scale!

I am also one year out today. The day of surgery I weighed 260 pounds this morning I weighed 159. 101 pounds lost in a year sounds good to me.

A pat on the back to all you St. Patty's Day Banders!!

I think Jonathan is on the slippery slope. He tends to stay away when he is doing poorly. I hope he finds his second (fifth?) wind and pops back in soon.

Interesting NSV for me. I was looking though some old pictures (circa 2004) and was commenting aloud about how good I looked them. My husband asked what I weighted back in then. I said about 217. He then asked how much I weighted today. 208 I said. Then it hit me. With the exception of a few more wrinkles, I look that good- now.

One of the reasons I knew I needed to do something about my weight was because I saw a picture of myself (at 284) and was disgusted. Sometimes when I look in the mirror I don't see what is really there. It works both ways.

Happy Bandiversary, Sharon!

You have every reason to be proud!

Thank you Harley!!

Ironically my appt was on my anniversary date...I've lost 62 lbs in one year...the doctor was quite happy as he said I've lost slow ansd steady. I went in there thinking I would ask for bloodwork but they were already ahead of me. I went to the lab yesterday morning to have 22 yes 22 vials of blood taken for every known nutritional lab work done...and also went and had an upper GI series...the radiologist said something about the esophagus (I couldn't quite understand his accent) but followed it with that was normally seen with lapbanders...my guess is that it isn't quite normal and proably a little dialated with some reflux...butnothing that bothers me.... so I wait for my bloodwork results as I am sure there are Vitamins etc that I probably should add to my diet.

I had another fill that brought me to 7.5 cc in a 10 cc band...not having had a fill since November...which I didn't realize it was that long. I definitely have restriction.

I haven't been online for a while so I'll take some time to catch up on everyone's journey...although I'm beginning to hate that word as it seems everyone is on some friggin journey.....

Congratulations to us all for a fabulous year....I got into size 14 pants today and was like "wow"...although there is that fat hanging over some of it...but who knows!!!

Sharon:)

Hope these pictures help to inspire all of us Shrinking Shamrocks to keep on going and polish off another great year.

post-226326-13813138222979_thumb.jpg

post-226326-13813138223117_thumb.jpg

post-226326-13813138223362_thumb.jpg

post-226326-13813138223515_thumb.jpg

post-226326-13813138223719_thumb.jpg

Sorry, I found out that they only let you attach 5 in one post, so here goes the rest.

The bright green jacket and shamrocks scarf was my St. Patty's outfit and it go lots of fun comments. Plus I had on my lucky shamrock socks today too.

The dark green sweater is what I wore to the hospital on my surgery day. My brother took the picture with the Good Luck Care Bear right before we left for the hospital. Silly but it made me feel good.

post-226326-1381313822394_thumb.jpg

post-226326-13813138224212_thumb.jpg

post-226326-13813138224379_thumb.jpg

Edited by SpecialK

Kathy

You look fanstastic.

I love your pictures and your spirit. Hope to see you in April.

first time I ever paid attention to this link. But I was banded March 26, 2008.

I had a starting weight of 344 and I am currently at 235. not bad for almost a year I guess.

well.....a year ago today I was in the recovery room wondering what the hell I was doing.....

What a journey......

Can't believe it's been a year.....I was hoping to be at goal (who doesn't)....but I will be very satisfied with where I'm at and endeavor forward from here!!

Hey All!! I had my appt on year post op and lost 61lbs in a year. My doctor said I am def on the right track. I am so happy with my progress and can't wait to lose that last bit I need to lose. CONGRATS TO EVERYONE!!

Kathy-

Love the pictures!!! What a change.

Hi Shamrocks!

I LOVE the pictures. Congrats to all of us!

Welcome Andrew. Come on in and chat.

I went to the doctor today. I haven't lost any weight in 2 months, but I am happy that I have not gained any either. But, I'm back on track and life is good. I did get into my closet and took out a huge back of clothes that were too small. I have gone down a size. I knew my clothes were baggy, but I wasn't sure I could get into the next size down. I love this NSV!

thanks everyone great to see everyone doing well with the band. I just started getting back into some kind of workout/exercise routine so should hopefully see some more muscle gain and fat loss.

Anyone else finding it weird to see your veins just poking out everywhere? lol