Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Did better today. Got in a good workout and was able to keep myself from snacking. All my food choices have been appropriate...

Second fill will be this Thursday and hoping to get back some feeling of restriction

Hi Busy,

This is our 3rd year going to Nashville, we started coming to the CMA Music Fest 2 years ago and have been hooked ever since so hence here we are again. I love this town, so much to see and do here. We usually bring the RV down, but just a few days ago decided to stay in the hotel and drive since the price of diesel fuel has hit the roof. This hotel is ok, but I prefer the RV but it will suffice for 9 nights. We are going to the Grand Ole Opry for a private concert from Carrie Underwood for her fan club members Tuesday morning and then we will be at the Grand Ole Opry Tuesday nite (watch for me in the 5th row left center on GAC Tuesday nite you just might see me waving at you, lol). It's being taped and broadcast live so I'm recording it just in case the camera shines my way, lol. Wednesday, we are going to the Celebrity Softball game that is made up of 2 teams of celebrity musicians and stars, that should be fun. Then Thursday through Sunday nites we'll be attending the nightly concerts with a lot of big name country musicians. Since I'm down 45 lbs this year, I'm hoping to do more of the daytime activities than we've done in the past. Since you only live an hour away, if you've never been to this you should come, it makes for a great vacation.

We went a few years go and keep saying I will go back. I have not made it yet. I live in Hopkinsville, KY and don't get to Nashville as much as I want. There are millions of things to do in Nashville and I love the area. If your feeling wild, hit Coyote Ugly or the Wildhorse Saloon. Since the weather has turned warm there will be alot of "different" characters on the street. I will watch the MA's to see if you wave. Have a blast!!

We went a few years go and keep saying I will go back. I have not made it yet. I live in Hopkinsville, KY and don't get to Nashville as much as I want. There are millions of things to do in Nashville and I love the area. If your feeling wild, hit Coyote Ugly or the Wildhorse Saloon. Since the weather has turned warm there will be alot of "different" characters on the street. I will watch the MA's to see if you wave. Have a blast!!

Busy,

Went to the Wildhorse Saloon last night and saw Restless Heart. We had front row seats and also tickets for a meet and greet. We had a blast and was able to have our picture taken with the group. The show was fantastic..

I didn't have a very good day with my eating plan yesterday, so hoping to do better today! (FROWNING)

I feel myself sliding a bit. Having shorter workouts and eating things that aren't 100% trackable. My weight is definitely not going down and might be going up. I'm not scheduled for a fill until June 18th, but school is out and little league baseball is over so my evenings will be free and hopefully I'll get back on track with exercising. I'm hungry!

Hi all! Everyone seems to be doing fabulous! Congrats on all the NSV's and SV's! Doesn't it feel great to realize your pants are too big for a change:)

I am counting down the days until my birthday- 2 to go.... I had a goal of being under 200, although it's not looking like I'll hit it. I went to the gym for 2 hours today and beat the crap out of myself. It felt good- and I hope it helps! 6 stinking lbs to go.. Either way, I'm happy to be so close, but still, goal would've been nice.

What's all this about a wii fit?? I guess I'll have to google it. I'm surprised I haven't heard of it before now? I'm not big on exercising so if it can be fun, I ought to check it out!

For those going to Nashville- I am sooo jealous! I have never really been able to travel, but Nashville is my first choice when I do. I play guitar, and sing country music.. I've always dreamed of going there and putting on a show! I hope you have a blast:)

Is everyone else's office a no- go with early fills?I have been pushy for a second fill- I am starving, and it's hard to keep that lion at bay! I thought we were supposed to help judge when we were in need of a fill? The office won't let me go in any earlier than 6 weeks, and I can't speak with the Doc. Grrrr:( They told me that the stomach needs 6 weeks in between to heal? I think it's b.s. I am waiting until the 21st for my second fill. It's not THAT far away I guess;)

~Kerri

i hve never been to Nashville, but been to Gaitlinburg, and Dollywood!! I too enjoy country music. Hope to get tickets for our state fair to see Carrie Underwood..

am due for my 2nd fill 6/5, banded 3/19 and first fill was 5/9..

Hope it happens this week. I am hungry and find myself eating more often.. not wrong choices, but just hungry. I only hope the call today from my DR's ofice was not to reschedule :smile2: Don't they realize we plan ahead to get out of work to make appts. I had an appt today and when I got there was told the nurse practitioner had gone home for the day.....:mellow:

Time to go for my walk and trip to the "Y".:lol:

Hi all! Everyone seems to be doing fabulous! Congrats on all the NSV's and SV's! Doesn't it feel great to realize your pants are too big for a change:)

I am counting down the days until my birthday- 2 to go.... I had a goal of being under 200, although it's not looking like I'll hit it. I went to the gym for 2 hours today and beat the crap out of myself. It felt good- and I hope it helps! 6 stinking lbs to go.. Either way, I'm happy to be so close, but still, goal would've been nice.

What's all this about a wii fit?? I guess I'll have to google it. I'm surprised I haven't heard of it before now? I'm not big on exercising so if it can be fun, I ought to check it out!

For those going to Nashville- I am sooo jealous! I have never really been able to travel, but Nashville is my first choice when I do. I play guitar, and sing country music.. I've always dreamed of going there and putting on a show! I hope you have a blast:)Is everyone else's office a no- go with early fills?I have been pushy for a second fill- I am starving, and it's hard to keep that lion at bay! I thought we were supposed to help judge when we were in need of a fill? The office won't let me go in any earlier than 6 weeks, and I can't speak with the Doc. Grrrr:( They told me that the stomach needs 6 weeks in between to heal? I think it's b.s. I am waiting until the 21st for my second fill. It's not THAT far away I guess;)

~Kerri

I've been lucky to have a surgeon who believes you control what you need. I've been going back every two weeks for a fill since the first fill. I have gone 3 weeks this time and am scheduled for my 4th this Thursday. They believe that you need to get to your ideal spot to be comfortable with using it as a tool. I've lost two pounds in 3 weeks though so I'm happy about that. I was able to eat an entire half grinder (tuna) the other day and was surprised....so I need a little more restriction. Where is everyone with their restriction? How many cc's in your bands? I have 5 in my 10 cc band so far

sharon

i too am at no restriction. today i made my appointment for my fourth fill. I have 6.6 in 14 cc band.

my mom and daughter think that i should not get the fill on friday. but I must do this. i won't pay for this thing and not use it. my mother says it is all in my head, and to just eat the right things. what she doesn't know is i do eat the right things, and the problem is that i don't feel the long satiety i should be feeling.

i too am at no restriction. today i made my appointment for my fourth fill. I have 6.6 in 14 cc band.

my mom and daughter think that i should not get the fill on friday. but I must do this. i won't pay for this thing and not use it. my mother says it is all in my head, and to just eat the right things. what she doesn't know is i do eat the right things, and the problem is that i don't feel the long satiety i should be feeling.

You know if we could just "eat the right things" we wouldn't be having the band!! Its not that we make the wrong choices always its that we eat more of the right choices. That could be a problem too!! Do what you think you need to do. You're in control this time, for once we're in control!!!

Here's to the bandsters!!!

sharon:):lol:

Where is everyone with their restriction? How many cc's in your bands? I have 5 in my 10 cc band so far

sharon

I have 5cc's in a 10cc band as well. My band came pre filled with 2cc's and my 1st fill (on 5/14) 3 more cc's were added.

I'm at 2cc in a 10cc band......I don't think I have full restriction, but so far things seem to be working okay.

I will probably go in for another adjustment towards the middle of the month.

I have 2 ccs in my 4 cc band. I think I had some restriction but it's gone now. My dr. lets you go in every 2 weeks, but he's out of town until the 18th.

I have 6cc in my 10cc band and have good restriction. My doctor's office let's you go in every two weeks after the first fill at 4 weeks. They ask you to describe what you're eating and what you are struggling with, then they decide how big a fill to give you.

I have another fill scheduled for the 23rd. Not sure at this point if I will need it or not, but I made the appointment. My doctor's office is so busy they tell you to always make sure you schedule before you leave.....hunger is not an emergency and they will not squeeze you in if you don't have an appt.

Christine

After reading the last few pages of posts I glad to see that I'm not the only one who is struggling with my old eating habits . I've been eating much more than I should and more often the wrong things. I found myself slipping back to my old ways . I realized I definitely need a fill so I called the Drs. office and asked if I could get in today . They asked if it was an emergency when I said no I thought I wouldn't be able to get in but I have a 2:00 appointment . I think if I waited until the end of the month I would have gained weight and wouldn't have wanted to go .