Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

JDUB- Congrats to you and your husband! What an accomplishment to make your home healthy and be on the right track! I think it's safe to say that he is one lucky fella to have you around:) Keep up the good work!

K podski, Thanks. I consider myself one lucky lady to have such a great and supportive husband.

Erika, glad to hear that you held off on your fill and great job on your weight loss. Sounds like you do still have some restriction since you encountered those problems right after surgery. Keep up the good work.

Ughhh, stressed, soooo stressed. I am firmly in the grips of Bandster Hell, and right now my main worry is not food, but alcohol! Cause I want a DRINK!!!! I am hungry, stalled, and ready to kick some arse, lol. Not to mention that my rental office is trying to make me get rid of my dog. Regardless of what one might think his breed is (but isn't), he is my family. He cared not how fat I was, just that I played with him on a regular basis and put food in his bowl. Too bad he does not represent all men, haha. Feel free to read the devastating story at the link below....

petbulls: Rental office snafu, now I am freaking out.....

I have a fill coming on Tuesday, so hopefully all of this despair will be gone by then. But right now I am struggling. And I can't stop crying at the prospect that I might lose the only thing in life that has loved me unconditionally, regardless of how fat or unhealthy I was. Thanks for letting me vent, and wish me luck! :blushing:

Oh, God how horrible Lisa!

Hang in there, and I hope you can keep your dog - he looks like a decent sort...

Had my fill today! Woo hoo I made it... interesting experience. A cheese stick filled me up :blushing:

Request documentation from the vet attesting his breed as a boxer mix. Does the vet have an idea what the other mix is? My philosphy is this, landlord, prove this dog has pit in him. (Let them fork out the money) Our pets are our family, I have 4 of my own, they love us inspite of oursleves.

My dog is happily snoring behind me. I can't help but wonder what life would be like without her.

Fight it!!!!:blushing:

Lisa - I'm sorry to read about your landlord freaking out over your dog. I had a landlord that made me give away a kitten once. It was heartbreaking but I did find him a good home. Unlike you, I didn't have a leg to stand on. My lease clearly stated NO PETS. OF course what could I do when I walked out of work and he was there motherless and mewing by my car? I stooped down and held out my hand and he waddled right onto my palm. Hell I was hooked. I left work and went straight to the store to pick up everything he would need. He was content to sit in my purse while I shopped and had the good sense (or the empty tummy) not to poop or pee in my purse. Anyway... I love animals. If my baby wasn't allergic to cats and dogs I'd have one of each. I may still get a cat - she's been asking for one. Fight for your baby boy Lisa. Get the vet to write a note and get it notarized. See if you can get any neighbors to write letters stating that your dog has not been any trouble, and I am with Busy - the burden of proof lies with the landlord. If they want to use the pit rule, then they need to prove that your dog is a pit - fat chance of that happening. Hang in there.

Now on to me...

The last time I weighed myself was yesterday morning, before that it had been a week or so. Anyway, yesterday morning the scale said that I had gained close to 4 lbs. I was ok with that because it’s that time of the month (sorry Fenton). I have crap restriction. I really do, until you consider the fact that pre band I could damn near eat a large pizza by myself. Pre band I could eat a five piece chicken dinner from Popeyes by myself and still make room for at least one more piece (if only it were in the box). So I can eat more than a cup of food. At least I don’t eat all day. I don’t do the four or five little meals. I just don’t have that kind of schedule. I am looking forward to my first fill. I’m praying that my doctor will be aggressive. If I have to take a half day off from work, drive 2.5 hours there and back (in HEAVY rush hour traffic) I want more than a .5 cc fill! I want a 3 cc fill maybe even a 4 cc fill!!! Ok – I know that’s wishful thinking. But I have a 14cc band. Putting a .5 cc fill in that is like giving a Tic Tac to a whale. But I have to wait until May 12th for that so there’s no need in me stressing myself out over it until then. Trust me that day will be plenty stressful because I not only have to convince my doctor to load me up with saline, but in addition, I HATE NEEDLES! If I were a diabetic, I’d be in serious trouble. So while I wait for my fill day to arrive, I will stay off the scale and enjoy celebrating my NSVs – like the one I am celebrating today… I am currently wearing a pair of jeans that I have not been able to wear for over two years. Yippee Ky F-ing YEA!!!! Now that deserves a Happy Dance – cue the music…

Edited by enjoylife

sorry about your dog Lisa. How ironic you bring up your situation. I am on jury duty in my community because of a band breed court issue. this dog is pit mix, and I don't want to be on this jury because I too have a pet that is my family. good luck.

Lisa, sorry to hear about your dog. I hope you can find a way to work things out.

Hugs!

Christine

Just need to whine a little....feeling very frustrated....the stinking scale is going up a pound, down a half pound.....up two pounds....down a pound....just all over the place, but no loss at all this week.....

I know that I've done well and I'm very happy about it, but it's frustrating.

I'm feeling hungry and it's getting harder and harder to stay on track. So far, I've managed......always under 1000 cals, usually closer to 800....keeping carbs between 50-80 with Protein between 60-100....fat has been quite low.

I've been doing moderate exercise every day......not olympic training, but moving, a little resistance work......

Guess maybe it's getting closer to time for an adjustment.....but I'm just feeling a litte pissy today....and getting closer to that familiar old feeling of "Eff it, if I'm not going to lose, I might as well eat.....

BLECH........I hate this.

well my surgery was 3/12 and my scale isn't moving either. I feel restriction but not a lot I moved my appt up to Friday (10 days earlier than previously planned) to get another fill. I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and have a trainer. I do cardio each time...God you think I'd be dropping the lbs!!!! so frustrating....

BrandNewLisa - I was getting worried about ya! Hadn't see a post and was hoping things were okay so glad you checked in and used us as a shoulder to cry on -- we're here for you. I had my fill this week. You'll do great once you get yours too. I was hungry enough to eat whatever but I was really trying hard to keep it under control.

Lisa - I'm sorry to read about your landlord freaking out over your dog. I had a landlord that made me give away a kitten once. It was heartbreaking but I did find him a good home. Unlike you, I didn't have a leg to stand on. My lease clearly stated NO PETS. OF course what could I do when I walked out of work and he was there motherless and mewing by my car? I stooped down and held out my hand and he waddled right onto my palm. Hell I was hooked. I left work and went straight to the store to pick up everything he would need. He was content to sit in my purse while I shopped and had the good sense (or the empty tummy) not to poop or pee in my purse. Anyway... I love animals. If my baby wasn't allergic to cats and dogs I'd have one of each. I may still get a cat - she's been asking for one. Fight for your baby boy Lisa. Get the vet to write a note and get it notarized. See if you can get any neighbors to write letters stating that your dog has not been any trouble, and I am with Busy - the burden of proof lies with the landlord. If they want to use the pit rule, then they need to prove that your dog is a pit - fat chance of that happening. Hang in there.

Now on to me...

The last time I weighed myself was yesterday morning, before that it had been a week or so. Anyway, yesterday morning the scale said that I had gained close to 4 lbs. I was ok with that because it’s that time of the month (sorry Fenton). I have crap restriction. I really do, until you consider the fact that pre band I could damn near eat a large pizza by myself. Pre band I could eat a five piece chicken dinner from Popeyes by myself and still make room for at least one more piece (if only it were in the box). So I can eat more than a cup of food. At least I don’t eat all day. I don’t do the four or five little meals. I just don’t have that kind of schedule. I am looking forward to my first fill. I’m praying that my doctor will be aggressive. If I have to take a half day off from work, drive 2.5 hours there and back (in HEAVY rush hour traffic) I want more than a .5 cc fill! I want a 3 cc fill maybe even a 4 cc fill!!! Ok – I know that’s wishful thinking. But I have a 14cc band. Putting a .5 cc fill in that is like giving a Tic Tac to a whale. But I have to wait until May 12th for that so there’s no need in me stressing myself out over it until then. Trust me that day will be plenty stressful because I not only have to convince my doctor to load me up with saline, but in addition, I HATE NEEDLES! If I were a diabetic, I’d be in serious trouble. So while I wait for my fill day to arrive, I will stay off the scale and enjoy celebrating my NSVs – like the one I am celebrating today… I am currently wearing a pair of jeans that I have not been able to wear for over two years. Yippee Ky F-ing YEA!!!! Now that deserves a Happy Dance – cue the music…

Wanted to give you some hope that this week there were I think 3 or 4 of us going in for our first fill's this past Tuesday and we all got about 4.5cc's in our bands that hold 14. So cross your fingers to get the same.

Best of luck. I know its hard hanging in there for that first fill.

Had my fill today! Woo hoo I made it... interesting experience. A cheese stick filled me up :thumbup:

This is another example of doctors and hospitals varying on what the heck they do. Ours says Clear/Full liquids for 1 day, then pureed/mushie, then soft foods, etc. Wow - you got to eat a string cheese stick on the same day. I just had 1/4-1/2 cup of low fat ricotta cheese with about 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce mixed in and spices (oregano, garlic, salt/pepper) and it was pretty thin consistency and tasted so good after 24 hours of liquids again.