Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twenties NSVs

I don't know why I never posted this, but a couple weeks ago, I had a HUGE NSV...

... I had a lot of awesome expensive clothes I used to fit into a couple years ago, but I outgrew. Well, I gave them away to a bunch of friends to "hold onto" until I lose the weight and can wear them again. Well, that time has come and I got to reclaim them. My friends were upset that they don't get to wear my clothes anymore, but they were proud of me at the same time.

... does that make me an Indian giver??? :scared2:

Congrats Rice guy! It's a great feeling getting to wear your old clothes you'd gotten too fat to wear. I know that feeling.

Well here's an NSV I just had. My coworkers have been talking about how skinny I'm getting. Now I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but I just started there 2 months ago!

Drew, just I saw you B/A pics and you look great! Way to go! I love when people tell me I'm disappearing.

To Celebrate my 2 year Bandiversary I have a couple of NSVs:

Last week I attended a local LB support group meeting and was completely ignored, including by the moderator who never asked me to introduce myself. I found out at the end that It wasn't until I started talking that people realized that I was banded and not someone else's support person.

The lady to whom I sold my last "fat" piece of clothing, a size 3x winter coat, asked "How did you wear this coat? You are tiny." I have NEVER been called tiny, ever. That made my day, week, and month.

This weekend I saw someone who hadn't seen me in a while. Her reaction was crazy, she just stared at me with her mouth gaping open for a full minute.

Chocolate_Snaps- It made me smile when I read your post. It is funny how I use to dread seeing people from long ago, especially high school. I always knew they would be thinking, "Wow, she let herself go!" Now I take every opportunity to see people from my past because as shallow as it seems I love the compliments. At times it is what keeps me going!

My current NSVs are:

-Shopping in the juniors dept.

-getting rid of all of my XL t-shirts and 18/20 jeans!

-Someone saying, "You don't need to lose anymore weight!" haha yes I do, but NO ONE has ever said that to me!

-Being the same size I was my SOPHOMORE year of HIGH SCHOOL!!!!

:tongue2:

BEK-totally agreed. but I'm still about 17 lbs from what I was my sophomore year...but hell I've already made it 90lbs lol...still waiting on the "you don't need to lose anymore weight" comment lol

Ha! and I just got my first "Where did you go?"/disappearing comment this weekend lol

I went to my great-grandma's birthday party yesterday so there was a lot of my family there, many I have not seen since before I was banded in July. Anyways, my little cousin who is 6 or 7 came in, went and hugged my brothers, looked at me occasionally, I smiled at hime, figured he is just young, and I havent been around in a while. Well, about 10-15min later he was playin around on one of those chairs with wheels on the bottom, he looks up and says to me "you look different". LOL I laughed, and thought it was the cutest thing I have ever heard and really just confirmed for me that I do look different even with only about 3 months under my belt being banded!!!! I can't wait to see what is to come!!

i put on a pair of size 14 bootcut jeans from the gap that i wore when i was a freshman in high school!!!! they button and zip and everything, but they are just a little too tight to wear out.

still, they fit! :frown:

Torrid was having a hugh sell on their clearence. I love baby phat jeans they have always fit me really well (but don't buy then to much because they are pricey) They had a pair on clearence for like 15 dollars well i couldn't pass them up. Well the only size they had was a 16 so i thought i will get them and they will fit when i loose more weight. Well they came in the mail i took a look at them and they look a little small but just out of curiosity i thought i would try them on and see how much weight i would need to loose to buttom them. Well to my suprise they buttoned just a little snug. I never relized how small i was getting. I have gone from a size 22 to a tight 16 in just 4.5 months.

Torrid was having a hugh sell on their clearence. I love baby phat jeans they have always fit me really well (but don't buy then to much because they are pricey) They had a pair on clearence for like 15 dollars well i couldn't pass them up. Well the only size they had was a 16 so i thought i will get them and they will fit when i loose more weight. Well they came in the mail i took a look at them and they look a little small but just out of curiosity i thought i would try them on and see how much weight i would need to loose to buttom them. Well to my suprise they buttoned just a little snug. I never relized how small i was getting. I have gone from a size 22 to a tight 16 in just 4.5 months.

:):thumbup::biggrin: Good Job! That is awesome!

i put on a pair of size 14 bootcut jeans from the gap that i wore when i was a freshman in high school!!!! they button and zip and everything, but they are just a little too tight to wear out.

still, they fit! :biggrin:

Good job! You will be in them before you know it!:)

you will be in them and then out of them and moving on to a smaller size in no time :)

I can walk up 6 flights of stairs nonstop several times a day! 130lbs ago I would've freaked at the thought half that. Its a good thing that I can because we are reno-ing the elevator in my building and we'll have to hoof it for the next 2-3 months. My thighs and bum are gonna be sooo tight by X'mas!

I can put the arm rest down in my titan now, and it doesn't rub my sides..never used it before because of that, now i love the thing lol.

One of my most memorable NSV is... I went on my first vacation since being banded to Jamaica in June 2009. First I actually fit in just my seat and no elses on the airplane, I could buckle my seat belt (I was so happy!!!), and my hips weren't stuck underneath the arm rests. Flying in comfort...what a feeling!:)

Awesome NSV's everyone!

I had a great one today. My roommate was telling me about her calculus professor and when describing him she said "He looks like a fat ugly version of you actually."

I've never had anyone tell me someone looked like a fat version of me. Wow!