Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non-Scale Victories!!

I know, Ang, I thought it was a funny (and very male) way to put it, too. Though he's right--my a** is definitely taking up less space in my chair!

Men....always thinking in "car talk!" LOL :)

I am starting to like this thread almost as much as the before and after pics. When someone says they did something different or were able to fit somewhere--anything like that--it almost becomes a challenge to see if I can do it (or at least get to where I can)!

It is such a positive place to be, and I love it! I am so thankful for everyone that comes on here and is willing to share their stories!

Trish

Yeh, that is a man thing, my husband walked by me at the desk yesterday and started shaking his head. I said "What" his response,: "your face is thinner and you makeup looks good." Well same makeup, no change there so I must look thinner in the face at least. Still waiting for my size 18 to start to fall off so I can buy 14's or 16's.

ONE day at a time.

So glad to hear all of you sharing your WLS/ NSV, it shows solidarity and the best support we can give each other.

Off to plant trees in back yard, have a great day!

16_3_203.gif Local Tree frog

Another NSV - this week is getting CRAZY! I saw my 4 year crush yesterday - and his mouth DROPPED, he could not keep his hands off my side/waist, hugging me, ect - it was so so so cute. Kept saying how good I looked, how healthy I looked. Granted he would flirt with me at any weight but I had not seen him in 45 lbs! ahahahahah

That was my dream come true! 1 crush down 1 more to go! hahahah

I've just realized in the last several days that I can cross my legs again! YAY!!!

Last weekend my boyfriend kept looking at me with his head cocked to the side until I asked him what was wrong. He said he was just admiring my new shape. Later that day when I made a self-deprecating comment about losing my boobs, he said that it's okay because he's happy to trade them for the hourglass figure I'm developing. :smile: Yay again!!

I love reading everyone's NSVs!!! Anyone gotten a swimsuit yet for the season? I know, it's dreadful, but his year has been better than the previous years. I do a lot of boating so I had to go ahead and order mine now although I did want to wait. I did all of the measuring and the measurements said I needed a 16. Even though it said 16, I am so used to ordering the biggest size possible, I went to my comfort zone and ordered 18. It came in and guess what.......way too big!!! Just an FYI, Lands End has an awesome custom line with women's sizes and up to DDD bra sizes with underwire. God knows I need something to hold these deflated things up!!!

I started out before surgery as a size 24, so when I went on vacation in March, I bought a size 20 bathing suit. It was way too tight at the time, but I figured by summer I would be in it.

Well, I just started to fit into size 20 jeans, not the stretch kind either, and size 20 dress pants. I tried on the suit and its comfortable. Its not bathing suit weather here in NYC for another 6 weeks, so I am hoping I get to wear it before I have to buy another one.

I was in diabetic hell for awhile....I managed to stay at the same wight, but it was HARD and with depression and major OCD....well I'm glad to be back. I'm off my Insulin and loosing again. My victory is very non-scale....taking control of my diabetes off all meds !!!!! and I can also work more than two days without dying....I did 5 this week (they are 12 hour shifts in the NICU) so I am really feeling great...Best wishes to everyone.

a new non scale victory for me. over the weekend I bougt new pants at a regular store..not layne bryant or the avenue and not in the plus size department..but in a store that doesn't even have plus sizes! woo hoo my wardrobe options has just expanded as my body is shrinking! i amy just learn to love shopping for clothes all over again!

I was in diabetic hell for awhile....I managed to stay at the same wight, but it was HARD and with depression and major OCD....well I'm glad to be back. I'm off my Insulin and loosing again. My victory is very non-scale....taking control of my diabetes off all meds !!!!! and I can also work more than two days without dying....I did 5 this week (they are 12 hour shifts in the NICU) so I am really feeling great...Best wishes to everyone.

NSV's are fantastic but I do have to say that medically related NSV's are AMAZING. Very awesome seajules!:biggrin2:

My husband took me to lunch at Ruby Tuesday yesterday and I fit in the booth! I even had room to spare! ha!

A while before my surgery we went to the same restaurant and had to ask for a table with chairs instead of the booth because I literally could not comfortably sit in the booth! SO embarassing!

This NSV couldn't have come at a better time for me.... it's been a rough week!

I have a five victories to be grateful for this week!

First ... a combo NSV/SV. About a week ago, I got into my pre-pregnancy pants!! Whoooo hooo! Then, this morning, the scale showed me the number where I was 9 years ago when I started this glorious motherhood journey. Very cool to be on BOTH the health and motherhood journeys at the SAME time!

Second ... I am training for a 10K next spring as part of my overall healthier me goal. Last night, I pulled 1.5 minutes off of my mile because I was actually able to RUN without the momentum of my 'jiggle' making it hard to keep moving forward. My butt actually co-operated instead of wiggling to it's own beat, so to speak. Who knew my legs could actually be powerful again?

Third ... bathing suits. I actually LIKED trying them on this year. My hubby was appreciative, I was able to buy from the 'normal' people sizes and a 16 top was TOO BIG even with my ... shall we call them ... ample breasts.

Fourth ... and funniest, actually. I had my second fill on Thursday and the lady running the floriscope (sp) had to move me three times to get a me at the right angle for a good view because 'your waist is so slight'. LOVED it! My oddly tiny waist (for a 'big girl' .. can't wait to shake THAT term) is back!!

Fifth ... being thankful that I have a place like this to share these victories with those who really understand!! :thumbup:

Keep up the hard work, all! We have earned it!