Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Donuts are not worth it....what's your food that's not worth it???

As far as I can tell I have tried a lot of things but will say that large bread items is bad for me. Also some lettuce causes problems. The biggest problem I have had is trying to make sure I eat real slow and not drink while eating. I really have a hard time when I go out to lunch with people from work. They eat so fast. I have slimed and pb a few times.

Chris

I would have to say bread isn't worth it to me anymore. I just seems very gluey to me know. I don't mind the occasional piece of toast in the AM, but when the bread basket arrives at the dinner table, all I see is a big wad of wet dough stuck in my band! Not appetizing! I haven't wanted a sandwich since surgery. I eat sandwich fillings on cucumber rounds or wrapped in lettuce rolls now. Delicious!

Pretty much anything with gluten in it is off limits. I also have varying degrees of difficulty with most meat. I can eat much better in the afternoon than in the evening, so my main meal is lunch.< /p>

I've done fine w/ everything except for once incident with a tortilla... I honestly thought I was going to die. I didn't PB, but had the most disgusting slime and golf ball in the chest feeling! I'm fine with a tortilla chip, but noooooo more tortillas for me! Not a big donut fan, but thanks for the warning!

Arghh! A good thread I think. My "not worth it" is buffalo wings.

You think after trying and failing NUMEROUS times, I woul get it through my thick skull that I cannot eat these... I swear, I will get an entire box f them (20 maybe?) nuke em' al burning hot, get a ton of bleu cheese, sit down all excited like, eat 2!!! and be miserablely stuck the rest of the day. It so stupid, its a comfort-reward type thing food.< /p>

Ahhh damn you delicious un-eatable buffalo wings and bleu cheese! I refuse to blend you. ~sigh~

LOL - I love buffalo wings too, but haven't had any trouble with them. I haven't PB'd or slimed, but a few of the things I don't eat now, the biggest is pizza. I'm too scared to try it. Ground beef totally grosses me out when chewed too much, you find things in there that you never wanted to know about. YUCK!

bread and chicken are my evil foes.

The one thing I have not had problems with that technically SHOULD be difficult with the band is my favorite comfort food... fried chicken gizzards.

Before I had the surgery, I think I ate them almost every day for a month because I truly thought I would never be able to eat them again... but so far, they have not been a problem.

I can't eat as many (which is good), or as often... but I am thankful to still be able to have them occasionally.

Maybe I am just super careful when I eat them because I don't want to ruin them for me by having an "episode" while eating them.

I have problems with bread products. Tortilla's are not my friend. I also love the bread basket that comes around when I eat out. But, I have to be very careful, eat tiny bites and eat slow in order to not be sick. Steak and roast don't usually sit well with me. I get the intense pain in my chest and back that makes me want to pass out. Most times I get sick - I should learn by now the foods that are a problem and avoid them at all cost. I've tried donuts and they are not worth it in my book, I just avoid them. I still love the foods I love, I'm hard headed I guess.

There is nothing I cant eat but there are some things I just know wont go down right such as Gardettos snack mix lol yeah I just learned that one the hard way spending a good 15 minutes PBing :biggrin: So yeah that sure as heck wasn't worth it! Also I find it easier to eat multi grain chips rather than potato...odd I know. Another odd one is it seems that I can eat sliced ham better than diced even if its tiny :wink2: lol

Wow! This is fascinating to read. I haven't had a fill yet, but can eat anything. I haven't pb'd, slimed, vomited at all. It sounds horrific. I don't even have to chew particularly well. I'll see what happens after my first fill :w00t:

Wow! This is fascinating to read. I haven't had a fill yet, but can eat anything. I haven't pb'd, slimed, vomited at all. It sounds horrific. I don't even have to chew particularly well. I'll see what happens after my first fill :w00t:

It seems Im usually the culprit, sometimes I just need to SLOW DOWN AND CHEW! Good luck :thumbup:

Sticky rice like the kind in sushi...that was my first stuck episode and it was really my fault cuz I didnt chew well but still sushi rice and jasmine rice are not my friends.

I am still partially in denial since I love bread but it's gotten stuck almost every time since my last fill. I have come to expect it .. but yet I try again. I believe Pavlov tells me eventually I will get the messege and just make my mind up that my bread days are over but it hasn't happened just yet.

Twiggy sticks. They are sort of thin sausage type things, normally spicy. I tried twice last week and had problems both times. Probably good as they are high cal, high fat,low nutrition and probably a bit like eating plastic if you consider the skin etc.