Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3rd fill brings 3 days of HELL!

Go get an unfill ASAP. I too thought I could ride that feeling out, and a month after the fill I ended up in the ER due to esophageal bleeding caused by the reflux.

This isn't supposed to hurt. The "I was losing weight just fine" level is what you're looking for.

That is what I thought too. This should not hurt. I do not want to feel like this all the time just to lose weight.

I want to be able to enjoy life and still eat normal foods (just less).

I have literally been in bed all weekend because I just feel yucky... there is no way I will ride this out for a month. I will be calling my doctor tomorrow.

I just really do not want to go to the ER unless if it a life or death situation. I prefer to have my doctor make the decisions that he thinks are best instead of someone in the ER who might have little or no experience with lapbands.

I really trust my doctor. He has had the lapband himself, and I truly feel like he has my best interest in mind.

Thanks to all of you for advice... I called my doctor this morning, and he said to come in ASAP for a slight deflation.

He reminded me that this is NOT supposed to hurt, and that it can be dangerous to wait when you feel like this. I will never wait this long again if I feel too tight.

He removed .25cc, and I felt INSTANT relief, and was able to drink two glasses of Water with no problem at all (Water has never tasted so good in my life).

I have eaten Soup and some hummus this afternoon, and all seems well now. My throat still feels a little scratchy, but I am sure that it is just from all of the irritation.

The BEAST inside of me has been tamed!

No more gurgling or growling or SLIME... at least for now :)

I'm so glad you're better. I'm sorry that I gave you some bad advice. I'm thinking that maybe I need an unfill, too. I just don't know why I can eat so much some days and not at all on others. Anyway, I'm glad you're better and I'm sorry if I inadvertantly misled you.

Hi all,

I'm new, haven't been banded jet, but I've been wondering when I read about "sliming" if anyone has tried drinking Water with a little lemon in it- if that's allowed? You know it's supposed to help cut phlem and singers sometimes drink it to clear their throat of phlem before they sing...just a thought.:confused2:

Hi all,

I'm new, haven't been banded jet, but I've been wondering when I read about "sliming" if anyone has tried drinking Water with a little lemon in it- if that's allowed? You know it's supposed to help cut phlem and singers sometimes drink it to clear their throat of phlem before they sing...just a thought.:confused2:

Most of the time people slime because something is stuck, and if that's the case, drinking is the worst thing you can do. However... my RN told me if I do get something stuck to suck on a lemon wedge and that can help 'break things up' to get stuff to go down. I had a really really bad stuck episode last night and I tried the lemon wedge. I'm honestly not sure if it helped or not, I ended up going out and buying some papaya enzymes after having something stuck for 2 hours... I think those are finally what did it, or maybe it was a combination of the lemon and the papaya and the walking, or that it just took 2 hours to go through. :)

Drinking Water with lemon is a good thing to do in the mornings to open you up, or even if you have a cold, to break up the mucus. Or just after a fill to soothe the tummy.

I think NOW I might actually be at that elusive "sweet spot".

Today, I felt great! No more slime or pain, and I am definitely eating less that before this fill, and not hungry at all.

Here I was panicking that I could not eat, and now that I can, I don't want to... are you sure this thing is not tampering with my brain? lol

It is amazing what only .25cc can do.

Hopefully, this feeling will last...

Gas has become my middle name since I had the surgery in Oct. '07. It's really embarrassing because I am around other people a lot, both at work and socially. But as long as I'm getting closer and closer to my goal, I'll just have to live with it. There are worse things.....I can live without sliming, Yuck!

Today, I felt great!

:) I was at the end of my seat reading your posts from beginning to end. I am sooo glad you are feeling better!!!!! YEAH!

:) I was at the end of my seat reading your posts from beginning to end. I am sooo glad you are feeling better!!!!! YEAH!

Awwww, thank you!

This site is so awesome... the amount of private messages I received was unbelievable (encouragement, support, advice, etc)... and I even got two phone calls from people who go to the same doctor that saw my posts on here and were worried about me :glare:

Same for me when they found out I had lost almost 15lbs in less than a week they said I needed to get in there ASAP so I went from 1.8cc's to 1.2cc's feels so much better- I do not know if the elusive "sweet-spot" has been reached but at least I can drink Water, and shakes now thanks for the words of advice guys!!:)

Same for me when they found out I had lost almost 15lbs in less than a week they said I needed to get in there ASAP so I went from 1.8cc's to 1.2cc's feels so much better- I do not know if the elusive "sweet-spot" has been reached but at least I can drink Water,and shakes now thanks for the words of advice guys!!:smile2:

Glad to hear you are feeling better too :tongue2:

I am a bit confused about your ticker...

You have lost 21lbs since August, and 15 of that was this past week?

this was only your second fill?

How often do most people get filled?

I am only three months out, and have already had three fills.

So glad I read this thread!!! Ran across it by accident. Have had my band for a year and my last fill has caused me to be a smige too tight but wasn't sure till I read this thread!! So thanks guys and gals I'm going to have a little taken out today!!

Also Dr. SMith in FW did my surgery too!! Just love him and my band!

Pay no attention to my ticker I think it's wrong! :crying:

Please update us on how you are doing. I had the same thing happen and ended up in the ER and had everything removed now I do not have anything in my band and 23 days later I am still nauseaus.

Please update us on how you are doing. I had the same thing happen and ended up in the ER and had everything removed now I do not have anything in my band and 23 days later I am still nauseaus.

After the .25cc unfill, I felt fine... after a few days, I seemed to be in the "perfect" sweet spot... then, it came time for my next appointment on March 22nd...

No way in hell did I want another fill... I am not sure if it was because I was "scared", or if I truly was at a good restriction, so I went to the appointment anyway... prepared to run out of the office if he took out that needle... lol

I wanted to at least get a swallow test to see if it was just my fear... because I did not want to prevent the band from doing it's job because I was scared to go forward...

Anyway, when I did the swallow test, Dr Smith confirmed that I was at a perfect restriction... I was still sliming occasionally, but only when I was stressed or ate to fast... so I decided to work on my "head" and HELP the band do it's job :sad_smile:

Since then, I have not slimed at all... I am eating normal... and have lost 5 lbs (my goal is 2 lbs a week)... I have actually been pretty content with my band.

I have started working out, so I know the weight loss will perhaps seem slower as my body replaces fat with muscle.

My next appointment is coming up on Saturday, April 19th... not sure if I will need a fill or not, but I am not afraid if I do. (I am tryng to convince myself of this anyway lol)

Thanks for the update. I went Tuesday and was given a .75 fill. And it was still too tight. I ended back at the doctor's office to have .25 removed and you are right what .25 difference can make. So I only have .50 in a 10cc band ......... how crazy that seems???? I am still experiencing nausea on and off I am trying the meds that was given to me. I hope they work soon because so far the past month or so is really making my decision a hard one to live with. I did so well up until my "first" fill (3/5/08) then things just went down hill. Like you stated in one of your posts.......... this isn't suppose to be hurtful, or bothersome. Life should go on just with us eating less.

Thanks again!