Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel so Lucky---March 17th - St. Patrick's Day

Was banded on Monday and am feeling fair today. The past 2 days were kind of rough because of the gas. I am only allowed Water and boost or glucerna for the first 2 weeks. Wishing I could have chicken broth but I will stick to the program the way my doctor instructs me to. Will get mushies at 2 weeks...in fact I have an appointment with the nutritionist on April 2nd when my diet will be progressed. I am having trouble getting in my 64 oz of Water and 24 oz of boost. Just not feeling like eating or sipping should I say? I plan on trying to take a walk or 2 in my neighborhood tomorrow. I've been walking around the house but I need some fresh air even though the pollen here in Louisiana is awful right now. Thank goodness for zyrtec. Good luck to all of you March bandsters. In no time we'll be dropping weight like crazy and feeling better every day. Huggees....

Janet:wub:

I had to stay in the hospital and extra day because I couldn't pee. Came home late yesterday. My son is out filling my pain meds, and I'm counting the seconds till he gets home!

Hard to get up and down from chairs and beds.

I think this must be the tough stretch... ouch!

Mergatroy- glad your home from the hospital. The no peeing sounds icky. I'm feeling somewhat better today. Still struggling with my three young children. My mom and husband are a help but having him get up in the middle of the night to pick her up out of the crib and put her back is getting old. Today she bumped her head and my mom ran over and scooped her up and gave her cuddles. I'm like, "hello, mom's here".

Also, anyone having difficulties with the Protein drinks. I got a sampler pack at my dr's office. The broths, hot cocoa, etc are pretty good. The pudding was awful. Barely tolerating the GNC whey vanilla. I've been reading some other threads and it looks like Isopure and powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury are popular. Any thoughts. I was reading a thread somewhere and they mentioned "cake batter" flavor from GNC. Called GNC, no such beast. I mean really, that sounds fantastic.

Well, my 4 year old son just sprayed Water all over the kitchen, my 6 year old plugged up the toiled and my 8 month old is screaming from the high chair, and unfortunately, I'm all alone for the next two hours. Sometimes you just have to laugh or you'll pull your hair out. Still glad I did it but looking forward to a long weekend with family around to help out.

Take care everyone! Any thoughts on the Protein shakes would be welcome........:wink2:

I've been having Designer whey, which I bought at GNC. I have the choc. which is yummy. I also bought the unjury, which I haven't opened yet. I had a taste from my dietian, which tasted good.

The bottle of Isopure, which is 40 grams of Protein, looked horrible. My teenager wanted to drink it because it looked like Gaterade, which he loves. I just opened it. It isn't horrible, but not very good. I'm going to be able to tolerate it. At $4.69, I was hoping I'd like it!

I drink the Isopure it seems to go down easier then them thick shakes. I started them on the pre op diet cuz i could drink 10 oz and only get 80 calories. I was able to guzzle down them 10 oz in about 10 seconds. Now 3 days post op I just sip on them during the day to try to get my Protein.< /p>

Hey there fellow bandsters!

I got mine 03/17 as well. They offered me the 17th or 18th...I figured the 17th would be better because A)it's one day closer to health, and :embaressed_smile: I don't like the idea of a doc or anesthetist fighting a hangover from green beer!

I"m feeling much better today than the previous few. My op was scheduled for 2:30pm, bumped back to 4pm, and I was cozy at home before 9pm same night. I pushed for early release since my outpatient co pay is $75, and in patient is $500. That's $425 I can use later towards new gorgeous clothes!

My belly is mostly sore at the port site (no surprise), and I'm using the heating pad when I'm sitting upright as my back and sides have gas pains (like side stitches). My doc gave me Flexeril, too, to control the muscle pain, and it's really helping. I'm just really tired and sore, but at least I'm willing to have a conversation now, and I can get on the computer for short periods of time.

I, too, cannot imagine going back to work just now. At least one or two more weeks, based on how I"m feeling now. I'll just take it one day at a time, and maybe work 1/2 days when I'm ready so I can rest in the afternoons.

Ah well, just dealing with the ride here, keeping my eyes on the prize. Maybe tomorrow I'll even try to update my ticker...I've been away from the computer for several weeks (had to have my gallbladder out prior to banding surgery, and that was about 3 weeks ago - I was just feeling better when it was time for surgery #2!).

Take care, band family!

I had my surgery St. Patrick Day's, exactly one week ago and I'm feeling pretty good at the moment -- last week, though, I had to admit that I had a hard time imagining going back to work this week, but I have to say the tide turned over the weekend. I've lost 2 lbs since my pre-operative weight (lost about 15 lbs in the six months before surgery, then got 'stuck') and I started on the full liquid diet on Saturday and feel pretty satisfied! Only about 75 more lbs to go! Whoohoo! I am inspired and hopeful!

I still miss coffee, though -- I'm enjoying various teas but I want to know when I can have my first espresso - :wub:

And I want to know how everyone else who had their surgery last Monday is doing -- have you gone back to work? Anybody experience hunger yet? -- I did, especially on Friday, the last day of the clear liquid diet.

Have you found the full liquid diet satisfying? I have to go to conference next week and have requested pureed food, but I suspect that the quantities maybe way too much.

Anybody experience nausea? I've heard about people throwing up after trying to drink too much Fluid, but, boy, I'm glad I haven't had that problem.

Look forward to chatting with you all! :)

weight.png

Edited by lglenn3000
add ticker

It's been one week for me as well. I started feeling better on Friday. Went out shopping, grocery store, etc. and then crashed on Saturday. I am going to go to work for a few hours today. I only work part time but will start my three days a week on Wed.

No nausea. I was so expecting it because I puked all through my three pregnancies for nine months.

I am sooooo tired of my liquid diet.:) I am literally hungry all the time. I'm behaving because I don't want to hurt anything. However, I can't wait to start on mushy foods next Monday. At this point I would love to eat oatmeal, fish, well let's face it, anything. A week ago I couldn't have imagined I would be craving healthy foods. I have my post op appt on Friday so I am hoping he puts me on soft foods then.

Easter was difficult. I brought my broth and watched my family enjoy their ham, potatoes, etc. The fun part was when my dad brought out my favorite cheesecake from costco. If looks could kill....

My biggest obstacle, besides hunger is my 8 month old. Not being able to pick her up has been impossible. My husband, mother and even my 4 and 6 year old have been helping with that. The 4 year old is frightening though, and is no longer allowed to pick her up. Tomorrow no one will be here with me, my 6 year old is back at school so I will have no choice but to pick her up. Unfortunately, she weighs 19 pounds. I am really going to be careful and hope nothing slips. It's not the pain or anything, I'm really not sore anymore, just a little twinge here and there. My main concern is not causing any problems with my new lapband.:wub: Just wondering what everyone's lifting limitations are?

Take care,

Jessyca

Linda I dont think id be ready to go back to work yet. I am still having a lot of shoulder pain. I went to church yesterday and i was exhausted by the time i got home. Hope all goes well for you.

as far as being hungry i dont even know if i am or not. i feel weak and i think thats from not enough nutritien. my belly growls. but really when i do feel like eating my mouth craves stupid things. like a big mac or salsa and chip. I dont even like big macs.

It's been one week today for me as well. I returned to work, not quite sure that I was ready to be here. It's been a long day and it's only 1:15!!

Friday was the worst for me as far as hunger goes, my stomach was definitely protesting the clear liquids! All I wanted was a rice crispie treat and I haven't had one of those in years!! I blame the tv and all their food commercials! After starting full liquids on Saturday, I have been feeling fuller and not so hungry!

I wasn't really given any lifting restrictions and I don't know if that's because I didn't catch it on my way out the door of the hospital or what?! I know that when I tried to lift something on the somewhat on the heavy side, I could feel it pull - that was my clue to get some help!

All in all, I think I'm progressing well...glad you all are too!

I had to stay in the hospital and extra day because I couldn't pee. Came home late yesterday. My son is out filling my pain meds, and I'm counting the seconds till he gets home!

Hard to get up and down from chairs and beds.

I think this must be the tough stretch... ouch!

I had to stay in the hospital and extra day because I couldn't pee...

Same thing happened to me, but they sent me home with a catheter! Visiting Nurse Association removed it Thursday morning -- my poor husband had to help me empty my pee bags!

Here it is, almost a month later and I'm feeling much better -- lost about 12 pounds the first two weeks, but then gained 3 pounds back on solids -- I'm definitely eating less than before the surgery, but I was a little discouraged that I put back those pounds, but apparently that's not unusual -- by sticking with fairly low carb, I've managed to stay the same -- how are you all doing? I'm thinking about my first fill and wondering what that will be like.

It's be 4 weeks tomorrow. My energy is coming back slowly.

I've lost 22 pounds since the pre-diet started on March 3rd.

Yesterday, I was looking at my scars, and noticed of them - not the big one - might have been a little whiteish. Today, when I came out of the shower, it bled a little. Is that cause for alarm?

I'm more worried that they'll tell me to come in, and I don't want yet another trip in. Luckily, there is a lovely nurse at school, and I can show it to her.

I went to a restaurant yesterday for the 1st time. I got a yummy puree Soup and mashed sweet potatoes. Felt good to be out. I asked the waitress to bring it out along with everyone's main courses, and it worked out well.

Congrats on the weight loss, that's great! Yeah, I would have the nurse check out that scar bleeding -- better safe than sorry, I think. Have you been to see the doctor post-op yet? My first visit is next week.

My husband and I went out to Applebee's and I got the baked haddock (nice & flaky) with mashed potatoes and the steamed veggies, which were pretty mushy, overcooked, -- I was able to mash 'em up with a fork. I ate the fish, and I forgot to ask them to go easy on the butter, but it sooo yummy -- ate the vegetables and about a two tablespoons of the mashed potato. I was very happily satisfied and my husband was impressed, cause in the past, I would have been asking 'what's for dessert'?

My weight loss has stopped, for the time being, but I'm optimistic and looking forward to my first fill!