Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel so Lucky---March 17th - St. Patrick's Day

Since I started this thread once I found out my banding date of St. Patricks' Day, I want to just say good luck to everyone and I'm praying for all of us to have a successful surgery and recovery.

Here's a funny one to tickle you -- I bought GREEN nail polish and painted my toes!! I told my doctor and he just cracked up laughing.

Best of luck to you SpecialK! My surgery was moved this date from the 19th.. I think the "Luck of the Irish" was with me!:( I go in at 12:45 tomorrow, and can't wait!! It is really happening!:wink: Best wishes to you and everyone else tomorrow! Here we goooooooo!!!!!!!! YAY!

:)Kerri

I'll be banded in less than 24 hours. I hope I can really walk into the hospital tomorrow and get this done.

Counting it down. Its 1030 and in 12 hours I am expected to be leaving teh hospital. I have to check in a 615 in the morning and then hopefully it will be quick. I have been so nervous this weekend. I have never broken a bone, never had stiches, never admitted to a hospital, so to know that I was going to be knocked out has scared the crap out of me. I'm about to go to bed now I just hope I can fall asleep. GOOD LUCK and congrats to MY St. Pattys Day Banders!!!! See you on the other side!!!

I'm leaving in about 10 minutes for the hospital. I have to check in at 5:15. I didn't sleep last night, a bit of anxiety mixed with excitement. I hope everyone has a safe procedure today!!

See you all in bandland:thumbup:

WOW how is everyone doing? I feel pretty good. Just remember the doctor telling me to breath and then waking up. Great!!!! I'm not it a lot of pain so that is good. Just pretty uncomfortable. Funny enough the uncomfort is not near my incisions. I'm so happy to have this done. Can't wait for the Soup next week. I had a hard time burping. I got jealous right after I got my XRay the lady next to me let out a huge burp. It must have felt great. I haven't taken the pain meds yet, just had a little Childrens Motrin which I don't think did anything. Just help me sleep a little bit. Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well. Wishing you all a good recovery.

Just wanted to let you all know that I made it home today, it was a little rough last night, but I'm happy to report that I'm on my way to recovery! A little tender in the abdomen, but otherwise feeling good. I'll check back a little later, gonna go sip some water! Hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there!!!!

Me too, home and glad to be in my own bed! They don't let you sleep at all in the hospital but I'm officially banded. Doing fine. Little sore throat from the tube they put down your throat but I figure that will go away quick enough.

I'm home and feeling fine so far. Glad it's over and glad I had two lapbandtalk friends to go through it with me!:lol:

I'm home as well. I also was banded on 3/17/08. Feeling okay, I did take some pain killers this evening. I have an infant, a 4 and a 6 year old so homecoming was a bit hectic. My youngest is 8 months old and I'm not supposed to pick her up, she's about 20 pounds. They said nothing over 10 pounds for 5 weeks. I don't know how that is going to happen. My husband is helpful but can't be around every second. Oh well, if I can go one week w/o picking her up I'll be good.

I have a question. My Dr put 3 cc in my 10 cc band during surgery. Did this happen to anyone else? I tried to eat some broth and was so filled up halfway through.

Take care everyone, I'll be thinking of you!:lol:

Hi Jessyca,

I came home today, too. At Mt. Carmel in Columbus, they don't add any saline until 6 or 7 weeks post-op.

Gregw

I like your train tracker. Yeah, I'm finding that most dr's don't put any fill in during surgery. Not sure how I feel about it yet. We'll see. How are you feeling? Ohio is not too far from PA...

they didnt put no fill in my band during surgery. i have the 10 cc. i ate a whole can of Tomato Soup for lunch. I feel fine but worried it was more than i should have had. I have no idea what is right or wrong. Im so confused.

According to the "official" Lap-Band brochure put out by the manufacturer, the surgeon typically leaves the band empty or partially filled when it is implanted. This gives your body time to adjust to the object. Then, an adjustment (i.e.fill) may be done 4-6 weeks post-op. In my case, my surgeon left it empty when implanted, then will do the first fill at 7-weeks, although it sounds lilke that is up to each individual doctor. If it is implanted "empty" then there would be no restriction on the size of the pouch, making it a difficult time for fighting hunger during the first few weeks.

I was so in and out of the hospital I didn't ask. Tomato Soup wow you are lucky, I would die for some right now. I have been sipping Water and juice and had a little broth, though yesterday I got bad when i was sipping about a 1/4 of broth. i knew not to sip anymore, but I'm not use to being at home and got bored so I had a couple more sips. BIG mistake. I felt horrible after that. Haven't had much today just a little cran apple juice and water. I think I'm going to go have a popsicle. I have tried to stay busy. Walking around. Went to work for a couple hours this morning. Nothing tiring though. But being around people distracted me from the uncomfortable feeling I was having. Can't wait til next week when I can have mashed potatoes and creamy Soup. Ummmm. my Dr's office has a support group that will meet tomorrow, so I am going to go there. Should be interesting. Hope everyone is still doing well.:biggrin2: