Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello....

I attend a seminar last night where Dr. Garth Davis spoke. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has had the lap-band done by him. If so, I'm just trying to get some feed back on him. How does his consultations go? I'm schedule to have my 1st consult with him on March 27th!

Thank you! :tongue2:

~Marie~

i watch him all the time on discovery. although im already banded, im curious to see if anyone has been banded by him and what their feedback is also. thanks for posting.

I am banded as well already but I too watch his show and love it! I wonder if they are really that involved with there patiences. I know my Dr sure isn't. I would switch drs now if I could in a heart beat I am VERY unhappy with mine!

I am banded as well already but I too watch his show and love it! I wonder if they are really that involved with there patiences. I know my Dr sure isn't. I would switch drs now if I could in a heart beat I am VERY unhappy with mine!

WHo is your Dr?

Hey everyone...Garth happens to be my cousin. I also watch the show periodically (when I'm not too busy studying!). I have a 10 cc band and asked Garth to recommend a surgeon in ATL for me to have the band done- I must say that he is a fantastic doctor and is concerned for the well being of his patients, so there is nothing to worry about. The doctor that he recommended to me is Dr. J. K. Champion who also happens to be an amazing surgeon. Good luck with your surgery and let us know how the consult goes!!

I love watching him on Big Medicine. He and his father seem to be very good surgeons and very involved with their patients. I am impressed to say the least.

Hey everyone...Garth happens to be my cousin. I also watch the show periodically (when I'm not too busy studying!). I have a 10 cc band and asked Garth to recommend a surgeon in ATL for me to have the band done- I must say that he is a fantastic doctor and is concerned for the well being of his patients, so there is nothing to worry about. The doctor that he recommended to me is Dr. J. K. Champion who also happens to be an amazing surgeon. Good luck with your surgery and let us know how the consult goes!!

THAT IS SO NEAT!!!:blush: I LOVE THE SHOW!!:thumbdown:

Hi Amanda,

My Dr. is Dr Spencer Holover who is in Dr. Shawn Garbers office In New Hyde Park , on Long Island. I am SO very unhappy with that office I can't begin to tell you. Before I had the surgery the Dr had said how important it is to do monthly follow ups. Well my last appointment was Dec 19th! They have canceled my last 2 appointments back to back and he is only in ONE day a week so now I am looking at March 5th now! Lets see if they keep this one! They RAPE you with the fee for the fill 250.00 and then on top of it they charged me my 40.00 co-pay! 290.00 for a fill. They don;t have the fluroscope so the one fill I did get it took them 3 VERY painful tries to filnd my port then they didn't even have ne drink anything afterward. It's just bad, and they were "supposed" to be the best HAHAHA

I love the show I would change to him in a heart beat if I was closer to him I think you really have an advantage having a doc like him.

You know, I was truly impressed with Dr. Garth Davis & his father, and I loved watching Big Medicine. I don't have cable or satellite anymore, so I haven't watched any "regular" tv for some time. ANYWAY, I was impressed with their concern for their patients, and how they wold go the extra mile for them, and I thought that if I lived in Houston, I would go to one of them for the LapBand surgery.

I was banded on February 6th, 2008, by Dr. Ron Hekier, at Wadley Regional Medical Center, in Texarkana, TX. When my husband and I went to one of his LapBand seminars, we found out that that Dr. Hekier, and his wife, also a surgeon, trained with both Dr. Garth Davis and Dr. Robert Davis, and that Dr. Hekier's wife was in the same class in med school as was Dr. Garth Davis. THAT made me feel a whole lot better about having this surgery. I really do like my surgeon; I think he's pretty cool.

I was banded by Garth Davis on 3/7/08. The program at Methodist for the pre-op was really comprehensive and great. Meeting with him before approval was short and sweet. After approval I found him to be very nice, he took the time to answer all my questions. I don't know if it is because of the quality of his office compiling my information or my insurance but I was approved in 3 days so that was great. I have been very satisfied with him and would highly recommend him for the lap band. Good luck!

I went to a presentation and really liked Dr. Davis as well. He seemed very down to earth. How did you handle the insurance end? Did your insurance have a max cap? I have Aetna POS II with a 10k max and I'm wondering what the difference will be. Anyone have insight?