Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

I like the idea of Preping with South Beach than with a liquid fast...yuk :lol:!

BigGurl

I will be at the 03-07 seminar, a friend of mine is going thru the process. I am sooo excited for her, it is the right decision for her. Bring or wear a sign that has your user name, so we can see who we are talking to on this website. That would be pretty funny!!

Hey guys how are my Buffalo buddies doing? Loraine I was going to have my surgery on Nov.26th but decided to wait until Dec.17 so I would be off for the Holidays. I to have Independent Health and waited for the clear up. So tell me how your doing? Give stats if you want.

Don't you just love Dr. Hoffman....... He really makes the process so easy and makes you feel he's the best doctor in the world..... He has it all wrapped up in one package.... Skill, bed side manor, and personal compasion for his patients.

Hi BruBear - How are you and Hubby doing? I'm so happy your getting the process done.

Buffalogirl312/BiggurlX - Glad to see your looking into Dr. Hoffman and getting the ball rolling.

I just also wanted to mention Dr. Hoffman wants to start a "his only patient" meeting once a month for Lap-bandsters. We could meet at a park on Saturday mornings once the weather warms up....... We can all become each others supporters in this journey to get healthier. What all do you guys think....... He may mention it at your next appointment... I offered to help him with it once the ball starts rolling..... I'll talk to him more on 3/04/08 about it all...... (o: Cynthia

I'll wear a T-shirt with BIG GURL written on the front of it! Brubear, I was schedualed for Friday the 7th for the pre-seminar with Lisa and Dr Hoffman. There well be other people there who are interested in the procedure. The 6th must be the Seminar for those who signed up for it last month or something. Oh and I was also told that the next Seminar would be a couple months from the March 7th date and that would be the one I would be in. I think the pre-seminar is something new they are starting to see who all is interested and to get information out there.

Will any of you be in the March 7th pre-seminar?

Loraine, I will be looking foward to meeting you and friend! How much have you lost so far with your band?

Loraine,

did melissa call you to set up the other appointments with the nurse, etc after the seminar?

Dr. Hoffman mentioned to me about the Saturday morning park walking! Put me in coach I wanna play!!!! I think that is a GREAT idea, we should pick a start date and all meet there. Great motivation!!

Stats on me ... I down 45 lbs ... I'm seeing Dr. Hoffman tomorrow, might get my first fill. Nervous but we'll see ... I keep losing weight, so he doesn't want to give me a fill. I just want it ALL off NOW!! I know, I know ... little by little. I didn't put it on over nite! :)

I am still waiting for the application :) It seems like it's gonna take forever just to get into a seminar! Ack! I am excited though seeing sooo much positive feedback about Dr. Hoffman. I'll be keeping ya'll posted and hope to one day be able to take part in that group! lol

Buffalogirl see if you can get in on the 7th? It's at 10am

I live in Canada, close to Buffalo. Since Lapband is not covered by my insurance, I was wondering what the cost is in the US compared to Canada. In Toronto, it is 18,000$. How much is it in Buffalo?

Thanks, Lucie

Hello all my Buffalo friends........ OMG Loraine your amazing and doing awesome.... I'm so very proud of you. What has your husband said so far? You must have been the woman Dr. Hoffman mentiond to me Wed. who also mentioned my name..... He came in my office for a visit before his next surgery case. We talked about the meetings in the park. He wanted the first one to be March 22 Sat. now that's the day before Easter and not sure of the weather. What do you think for that day? It will be the second day of spring!!! I'm up for anything everyone wants to do....... What a great doctor and over all wonderful person. He and his staff make this journey so much easier.... Did you end up getting a fill this week???? I'm going in Tue. March 4th and still don't need a fill..... I love this band 10cc AP I was down 35 lbs in 7 weeks now I have not weighed myself since my last appointment Feb. 5th so we shall see what I've done the past 4 weeks...... I can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Lucie - Welcome....... My insurance covered everything so far but when I went into my file they ended up paying $17,646.55 and that was for everything (testing, studies, and other visits for my band) I only pay $15.00 co-pay for all my appointments and so far I'm about $150.00 out of pocket not bad so far that's $4.28 per pound so far and I've bought steak higer priced than that...LOL, LOL, LOL Just adding a little of my own humor. But really you could always seek pricing and make sure that it's not that high for self paying.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Cynthia I am sure you are down much more and I cannot wait to hear.