Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone NOT having plastic surgery??

I keep reading how so many people have opted to have plastic surgery after their weight loss...

I am wondering if anyone has NOT done this, and if not, how much loose skin do you have? I am hoping a really good lotion(Nutrimin from Arbonne) will help a lot in tightening my stomach, and of course, I will be walking and exercising as well.

Can anyone tell me their experience with this...just how bad does it get??? I hope to lose about 90 at least, so am hoping when I get there I am not disgusting looking!!

Please advise!! :mad:

Nup, I'm not.

Well.... I *might* have a breast lift. But I needed that BEFORE I had a band and they're no worse than they ever were. Its more that I feel why the heck not, I deserve it!

I dont really have loose skin, and I lost about 90. I think, if anything, I am probably a bit more flabby or jiggly than I otherwise may have been if I'd never gotten fat, but truly, I have that body type. I am not heavily muscled despite being very fit, and I never have been, and I was always going to have cellulite by age 40!

I'm not perfect, by a long shot but the scars would be WAY worse for me than the amount of jiggle I have is. I really wouldnt put myself through a Tummy Tuck for what it would achieve, as it is, dressed rather than in a bikini, my stomach is flat as a board.

I am not having plastic surgery. If I could afford it, the only thing I would get done is my arms! Although many people say the scars of a brachioplasty are as bad as the bat wings! My tummy isn't washboard abs or anything, but I'm fine with it. I think it really depends on your age, your genes and how much you lose whether you need it or not. Of course, it is up to you whether you "need" it. Hopefully, the slow loss and lotions will reduce the need, but extra skin is just a fact after significant lweight loss.

well I am having it done - that is if the insurance will pay. I would have needed it even if I had never gotten fat or lost the weight. I was HUGE when I was pregnant, to the point that I had to wear a girdle to hold my belly up bc it hurt so bad. Have you ever seen those women on tv who had sextuplets? I wasn't quite that big but darn near to it. I agree with the other girls, it really all depends on the person, some people just never get that overhang of skin. I'm talking about Tummy Tuck only, as far as my arms and legs, and butt, they bounced back to normal and I'm happy with them. Just the overlap of skin on my tummy, which btw isn't just about cosmetic, it actually hurts to roll over, the skin stretches and pulls, feels like it might rip, and I get horrible rashes.

I was just banded 2/19 but my skin, even at 40, has been saggy for years. I know I'll need it if I want to feel sexy in a bathing suit or anything even semi-revealing. Just a gentic thing along with the weight thing. However, surgery is most likely a pipe dream; it would be too expensive. Although 'cause my stomach is so stretched out my insurance might pay for a Tummy Tuck. I WANT to have surgery later!

Joy,

I'm hoping beyond hope that I don't/won't need it...but I'm probably just dreaming. It's an absolute that I want it...but where would I stop? Tummy? Arms? Breasts? Turkey neck? What good would it do to have the great boobs and a shar pei stomach?? LOL! Gads, the cost!! I have lost over 100, and will lose 50+ more. The writing's on the wall. But I am exercising non stop, and will continue to pray for the best!

Sorry! my 50+ eyes allowed me to open the Forties door instead of the Fifties room...sorry to butt in!

I had my surgery on 2/25/08 and so far I have no plans to have plastic surgery done. I am just happy to be getting healthier. Surgery is a big deal for me. It has never been easy. I have had problems with blood sugar, blood pressure and anestisia (sp?) when I have had surgery. I am not going to volunteer to have more done if I don't have to. I am lucky also to have a husband that has never complained about my body fat or skinny (more fat than skinny). I must admit it would be nice to have firm breasts again but.......it is not necessary.

I am hoping that I lose slowly and consistently, giving my body the opportunity to respond to the weightloss so that I won't have to have surgery.

Cindi that's how I feel, where would you stop?

I have been lucky to not have much excess skin on my stomach, but boy, it would look perfect with a tuck, I'd have six pack abs and I'd have seriously great boobs too with a lift.

But I have your typical female pear shaped figure - nicely in proportion, I dont have a size 8 top and a 16 bottom, but I have thighs and a bottom and they're where the loose skin is. Much harder to fix, my thighs are wobbly and dimply. But overall my shape is nice, long and slender and female looking. Looks great clothed. I just cant conceive of a full body lift and all that you'd go through just to look good naked when the only person who sees me that way doesnt care about anythign except boobs and for the amount of time you spend in a bathing suit, is it worth the expense?

I just think at some stage, and this is a generalisation and not directed at anyone who HAS or IS having surgery, we have to accept the body we have and learn to love it unconditionally. Its part of the process. You cant just nip and tuck it into oblivion and remove everything you dont like, that's not healthy either. Big sagging stomachs are a different matter, a health issue as well as a cosmetic one, little pooches and saggy boosies are quite another.

I feel that way about faces. You start off wanting a little work on your eyes and you end up looking like Nicole Kidman - once a seriously beautiful girl in a quirky red headed way before she hit Hollywood, now she looks like something out of a horror movie. All just one procedure at a time.

I find it really hard to know where I'd stop, overall I'm just me and I dont really want to change any of it, unless i develop a really horrid feature like a huge turkey gobbler, normal lines, wrinkles, aging and cellulite are part of me!

My whole lapband journey actually began because I wanted a breast reduction... they wanted me to lose weight first.

I have lost 50lbs, and so far almost none has been breasts... so I will definitely be having that done when I reach goal.

I "HOPE" I do not have to have a TT... I am also using lotions twice a day on my entire body, and trying to only lose 2 lbs a week. The other thing my Dr suggested was massages... he said that massages not only break down the fat... but also stimulate the blood flow, which makes the skin more supple and less saggy. (He phrased it better, but I cannot remember his exact words for the life of me).

I joined Massage Envy, and get a massage twice a month. Even if it doesn't do the things he says it will.... they sure do feel good :drool:

But, I am planning for the TT anyway... just in case.

Hi all

Like most of you I really hope I don't need to have TT but like Jacuht I know I will need breast uplift as I really needed one before. My breasts have always pointed south even as a teenager. I would really love to have pert breasts, not big just pert. Though if I am left with lots of loose tummy skin I will definitely go for TT.

If we can afford it I will have a Tummy Tuck, and maybe a breast lift to get the girls back up where they belong. I had twins and that along with my highest weight at one time was 300lbs, I lost 130, then regained 75 back, And my tummy is a saggy flappy mess now, it will Never go back to where it should be, so TT is really the only option for me.

I love reading everyones opinons. I am approved for the tt and panny, the insurance is paying 100% so that tells you I definitely need one. I also have the hanging, swingy boobs but dh doesn't care, he loves me just the way I am. The rest of me is pretty tight, my arms, butt and thighs are ok the way they are. I'm sure I won't have any more surgery after the tt. I haven't even thought about how I'll look in a swimsuit, I've always had to wear one with a skirt bc my "apron" wants to fall out the leg opening. OH geesh the visual on that! yuko! Can you imagine a young kid seeing something like that, it could damage him for life!

I know that I will probably want to have a Tummy Tuck. I have always had very crepe like skin...and even after losing only 46lbs, my tummy already hangs. I dread the thought of going through a tummy tuck but I am tough. I am one of those people that get violently sick from narcotics by mouth so will need to have a second plan. Had a repair on a HUGE hernia a couple of years ago and came home without pain meds. After following the stories and photos of the girls on the PS threads, I am thinking the pain meds should be in the plan. I also wonder that if I decide on PS, if my hernia repair will be a problem with them getting around with muscle repair? Anyone know?