Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is my birthday...

I'm thinking - a camera is only good if you're giving me a sex toy, and then we can... nevermind.

I wish I could do massages. I have a group of girlfriends who do a monthly massage club thing at one of the spas here, and they keep bugging me to go but I don't like people touching my fat.

But I may have scored anyway. He just emailed me that he wants to up the visits from our housekeeper. That's a win-win, right? Twice the visits from her is half the work for me, somehow in math land...

Happy Bday Wheetsin. I loved the idea of wrapping it up and giving it to him for his Bday. It's clear he wants it. Actually he sounds like a dear man. My ex celebrated all the birthdays in the family...in fact in the state of Wi, sitting in the local bar getting sloshed.

Happy Bday W!

I too thought it must be a treadmill or exercise equipment! Men can be such dunderheads! At least a camera is better than some of the other tchotchkes one can get. Plus I just wanted an excuse to use the word tchotchke.

*ducking* most men are clueless- either that or they have such genius with expectation managment and keeping the bar low that it boggles the mind. I personally refer to Valentine's Day as BLACK THURSDAY. So enjoy your birthday and everyone else- happy Black Thursday!!

I can't get into discussions about spousal gift-giving because it always sounds like I'm gloating. (My husband gets it, and always seems to hit the mark. I am a total lame-o in response.)

But HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WHEETSIN!!!!! Love ya!

Happy birthday!

I have to tell you...that is a BEAUTIFUL camera...dh is a photographer and it is a beauty!!!

That being said...if it's not what you want...then it could be the BEST and it wouldn't matter.

Our first Christmas together...dh kept going on and on about the amazing present he bought for me....I was going to love it...he was so excited to give it to me. etc...

All December I could hardly contain myself. I was thinking beautiful diamond earrings to match my beautiful wedding band...or perhaps a nice bracelet...or a spa day... I waited with anticipation until all of the presents were done being unwrapped and dh went to the bedroom to get the one he "forgot..."

It was very large...not a tiny jewelry box at all.

It was............a portable easel. complete with dry erase markers, pads and a carrying case.

I cried and cried and cried and got a spa weekend.

Poor dh has never lived it down.

I hear ya girlfriend...I'm married to him as well.

Happy Birthday.

Rain

Happy Birthday Wheetsin! I hope that you get pleasantly surprised by your DH and he holds off on purchasing the camera. But regardless, wishing you a happy birthday and a great year.

I didn't mean to be so secretive about "the thing" - it's not secretive at all. I just keep thinking of it as that. (I *wish* it was a sex toy!!)

LMAO...

whoa - amazing camera... but i agree with Rain ( i think it was Rain forgive me if not, too tired to double check ) it could be the best thing in the world and if you didnt really want it ... ehhh, not so much.

I can relate. My B-day was Wednesday. My DH and I were both sick. He bought me some flowers from Kroger. When I said something about it he got me a Starbucks card!??? WTF a Starbucks card? All I wanted was a birdbath warmer. They only cost $30.00. I hate to sound like a selfish brat, but a starbucks card!

JP

So, the big question now is, what "the thing" the camera or something else???

Sorry, haven't been around lately. "The Thing" is definitely the camera. It always is. Anytime he alludes to wanting to buy me something, I KNOW it's the camera.

So my husband usually leaves work around 3:30. I made sure to be home by 3:45 so that if he had dinner plans involving anything special I'd have time to change & get ready. He doesn't get home until like 4:30 so I know right away that he has gone somewhere between work and home. And I hear a bag crinkling when he walks in, and he won't let me downstairs. Then I see it's a Wal-Mart bag. The camera would have been #1 bad gift, and I think anything from Wal-Mart has to be #2.

So I end up getting:

* Birthday card

* Birthday card

* Valentine's day card

* "Just because" card

(Rather than have to try and write his feelings, my husband tends to just buy as many cards as it takes to feel they will adequately express himself for him).

And...

* A huge bag of Reese's pieces (because I'm trying to lose weight and all)

* A paperback book

So (phew) I didn't get the camera, nor did I get anything worth sharing. Such is life with my husband during any special occasion.