Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi March-ers!!

Hi all and congrats on becoming a bandster in March!!:)

I have not yet received my date, although, I got my approval last week and my pre-op is set for the 21 of February.. They told me to expect the first or second week in March, no later:) YAY!! I have been working on this process since July of last year, so to say the least, I was thrilled to get a vague idea:) It seems that everyone got their surgery date really early on?? They don't even submit me for a date until the day of my pre-op.. Hurry up and wait, right? lol.. Looking forward to this journey with you all!

:biggrin2:Kerri

Hi Kerri,

I am not actually a March Bandster, I am an "oldie", but I wanted to say hi and welcome you to the forums. It sounds like things are moving along for you. Let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to getting to know you.

Hello,

I have a date of March 12th and start preop diet on March 3rd....I'm so excited Getting banded in Connecticut. Dr Tischler

1st MD appt 12/27

approval 2/7

surgery 3/12

Sharon:)

Hi there, Kerri! I know what you mean about "hurry up and wait"! Congratulations on your approval! You'll have a date before you know it! :thumbup:

Hi Kerrie Marie! Congratulations on your approval and good luck with your surgery! Looking forward to sharing our journey with all the Marchers! Hey all, if you're interested, a friend of mine that has had great success with this surgery sent me a link to watch the actual surgery on YouTube if anyone is interested. I found it fasinating to watch but of course use your own discretion. Here's the link: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5ICI9q7nxU]YouTube - Lap Band Surgery[/ame]

My friend by the way was banded in August 07 and has lost 81 lbs so far! He looks fabulous too. Isn't that amazing! 81 lbs in 6 months?!

Take care everyone! Counting down the days until March 3rd!!!

Hello, my fellow March bandsters. I'm scheduled for surgery on March 12th, by Dr. Eric Pinnar in Reston, VA. I'm very excited, nervous and just so ready. I know this is going to be the best decision I've ever made for myself. I do wish I had done this 5 years ago when I first read about lapband; however, you can't go back in time...No matter, I'm doing this now and I'm still sort of young, 46! :thumbup:

I feel so lucky and thankful to have so many of my family and friends support me in this very important step in my healthy life. Also I'm so happy to have found this site -- not only because it happens to focus on the lap-band procedure, but because it's absolutely refreshing to find so many genuinely nice and caring people who opening share their experiences and support with others... and all just because everyone here want others to succeed as well.

Cheers to you all and here we go...!

Sheri

Hi Sheri! Congratulations on your upcoming surgery date. It seems like there are quite a few of you that have the surgery date of March 12th. I couldn't agree with you more Sheri, this site is so informative and has the best people as members. Everyone is so supportive, welcoming, caring, and happy to share their experiences. I as well have great support at home but having you all here that are in the same boat is awesome.

HECK yeah 46 is still very young! I'm 43 and am glad I'm doing this now. I met a woman that was 62 and had this procedure done and had lost over 100 lbs. She was so happy she did it and said she felt 20 years younger! So we should feel like we are in our 20's I'm thinking! lol WAHOO!!! Take care Sheri the best of luck to you!

Terri

Thanks, Terri! You're right, we're as young as we feel... and we're going to feel a heck of a lot younger after the band! We may need curfews pretty soon! LOL...

Good luck on your surgery on the 3rd. Can't wait to hear from you.

TTFN (Ta Ta For Now) :thumbup:

Sheri

OHH! I love the name "shrinking shamrocks!" great idea!! Glad to hear from everyone.. I just can't wait to have my date!!!! I had my final consult yesterday, the Doc said he's booking for beginning to mid March.. I will have a date by next week:) YAY! Keep in touch all, I am so glad to have the support of everyone here:) Kerri

LosingIt08... you're right about the daisey tickers... too funny. I picked them because I think of Daisey's as such happy little flowers...

I'm here...FINALLY! I am penciled in for the 12th. They said it may be moved to the 19th when I come in for my preop appointment based on the surgeon's schedule. For now I am going to plan for the 19th and will just be pleasantly surprised if it happens earlier.