Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Should I Pick In Mexico?

I AM SO CONFUSED. I HAVE NARROWED DOWN MY CHOICES BETWEEN Dr. Ortiz, DR. HUACUZ, OR DR. KURI. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO TO HELP ME CHOOSE PLEASE HELP. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP I GET ON THIS BOARD.

QUEENIE:eek:

hi queenie. i love dr. huacuz and all his staff. great people. i think all three that you are considering are good. but, im all for dr.huacuz since he has been my doctor for over 2 years.. he did my lapband . he does all my fills. he has done surgery on my shoulder. i just went down last weekend and had my upper and lower eyes done and they also took fat out of my cheeks. looks so good. dr.huacuz also did and my arms. i am so pleased. ive had very little pain or discomfort. im taking antibiotics for 15days. dr. huacuz has his own private hospital . it is so nice and it is new . it is super clean and his wife did all the decorating. she has great taste. it is very warm and cozy. all the rooms are private with your own big shower . nice...... dr. huacuz is great about making sure you dont get sick from the anesthesia or pain . i never have had any problems. the doctor spends a lot of time with you before and after the surgery. he is so nice. everyone i know that has been to him totally loves him. he has the best price too. thats why i went in the first place. but, i lucked out.... i think you should call and talk to him. he takes your call and will speak to you personally. he also calls you after you are home and checks on you. good luck with your decision. if you have questions you can pm me. ive lost over 100 lbs. everyone says dr.huacuz is a total hottie , but i say he is a very caring and talented surgeon.. im so lucky to have him as my doctor.

I am going to Dr. Gail Wynn here in Newark, DE. I have heard nothing but positive responses from those who have had her do their surgery. I am looking forward to 3/19 for the next chapter in my life..a change for the better, healthier life

Dr. Rodriques was awesome! He is in Juarez Mexico right outside El

Paso. I paid 7,500 for amazing care at a brand new hospital, top of the line. Be Lite Weight was who I went through. Jessica was my helper. I can call her day or night. Even now after I'm done. It was the best hospital experience I've ever had. Dr. Rod has done over 5,400 lap bands and teaches US Dr's how to do them. Good luck, I couldn't be happier!! Down 20 pounds since Jan 26th.

There are some great US doctors who will do it for the same/close/better prices as the Mexican doctors now. I think it's easier to find someone locally to do your fills if you have been banded here, too.

Do some research and read the previous posts about the doctors you mentioned. If you ask the question "which doctor" here, you will get a lot of paid coordinators masquerading as patients rhapsodizing about how they LOVE their doctors. We've been through this before, so the best thing for you to do is some reading on this site. This is a major decision; it is worth it for you to do some work to come up with good answers.

HI Queenie,

I see you have chosen Dr. Ortiz as your lap band surgeon. He banded me on 2-26-2008 and my whole experience was exemplary! I have so much good things to say about him, Dr. Martinez and the other staff members. You are in good hands. They have done the lapband procedure thousands of times and Dr Ortiz has proctored many doctors in the US and other countries.

You will be well taken cared of. I hope this helps you.

Shampoo

Hey! congrats!

I'd email, yes, email so you can get a response IN WRITING.

Ask:

Doctor, after I have the Lapband procedure, and I go home. If I have an issue to arrise that requires surgery such as a slipped band, leak, port flipping or something similar, how long after my surgery will you do this for free?

You should expect a written response of something...30, 60, 90, 120 days...a year...something!

If they don't respond, don't use them.

I used Dr. Huacuz, and have had great success. I've put my band thru the ringer and it's held up.

I heard thru another person...yeah, this is hearsay so put as much weight into it you want...but this other person had used Dr. Huacuz and developed a slippage. They said, she said, he said that he wouldn't fix it.

Now, I don't know if this is true or not. But if you develop some problem like slippage and you did everything you were supposed to do...then it's surgeon error. But I don't even know how long ago they were banded...a month, a year or more?

Just ask the question!

Hi-

I'm a fan of Dr. Ortiz and the OCC. My DH and I felt total comfort with the experience and I'm sure you will too.

I've had two fills at the OCC and I live in Washington State so it's an expense to get to the clinic but I think it's well work it.

Good Luck ;D

Dr Aceves in Mexicali is a wonderful, caring person as well as a great doctor. I researched every doc in Mexico for the past year and I finally decided on Dr Aceves. His credentials are exemplary. My experience was awesome. I went by myself and they took such good care of me. It was almost ridiculous how much they fussed over me. I would send my own daughter to him in a heartbeat. Research! Research! Research! I'm glad that i chose Dr. Aceves.

Queenie, I've spoke to MANY people who have had both Dr.s that you mentioned, and you're in good hands with either one. Both have great results. Of course you'll hear a negative comment from time to time, but with any Dr., there are patients who don't comply, and don't do what they are told. They get the bad results that they deserve. And as always, some people will have minor complications regardless of what doctor they choose. This is a very very very minor procedure and yes you want a good doctor, but it's such a small ordeal that there isn't a whole lot of expertise involved. Go with either of the docs you mentioned and get skinny!

*Dr. Daniel Huacuz* also messed up on my friend`s band. She had her surgery on December 2007 and since then was having extremelly strong pains. Since I have the band as well I kept on telling her that sometimes we do have pain but she needed to check with her doctor. Before surgery Dr. Huacuz called her many times and answered each and every question she had, however this picture changed after surgery, she could not get a hold of him often and every time she talked to him he was very rude to her. Once I called him and while he talked to me I could hear a beeping sound on the background, sounded like he was in the surgery center at the same time - hopefully not performing a surgery.!

Last week, my friend passed out and was taken to the ER with her nails and lips turning purple... when the bariatric surgeon got inside he found an inamed band that was place in the wrong portion of her stomach and on top of that it was an old type of band, one that is not even produced by inamed any longer. My friend said that the day before surgery, Dr. Huacuz showed her small, new band and said that was the style she was getting.... All I know is that my friend is now doing well after the nightmare... she is glad to have that band removed and to be receiving the care of a new doctor.

*Dr. Daniel Huacuz* also messed up on my friend`s band. She had her surgery on December 2007 and since then was having extremelly strong pains. Since I have the band as well I kept on telling her that sometimes we do have pain but she needed to check with her doctor. Before surgery Dr. Huacuz called her many times and answered each and every question she had, however this picture changed after surgery, she could not get a hold of him often and every time she talked to him he was very rude to her. Once I called him and while he talked to me I could hear a beeping sound on the background, sounded like he was in the surgery center at the same time - hopefully not performing a surgery.!

Last week, my friend passed out and was taken to the ER with her nails and lips turning purple... when the bariatric surgeon got inside he found an inamed band that was place in the wrong portion of her stomach and on top of that it was an old type of band, one that is not even produced by inamed any longer. My friend said that the day before surgery, Dr. Huacuz showed her small, new band and said that was the style she was getting.... All I know is that my friend is now doing well after the nightmare... she is glad to have that band removed and to be receiving the care of a new doctor.

There's a fine line between advice and spam. I think you crossed it the 2nd time you posted this exact message. How many is this now? 3? 4? (And under how many user names?)

HI Angie,

Can you tell me some of the doctors you are referring to so i can check them out.

thanks

Randall

There are some great US doctors who will do it for the same/close/better prices as the Mexican doctors now. I think it's easier to find someone locally to do your fills if you have been banded here, too.