Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone With Lap Band In Temecula

Hi Desiree!

I live pretty close to you!! I'm here in Perris...it would be great to meet other lap banders...I haven't officially gotten 'banded' yet, but I'm taking the required classes in order to get it.

I see you've had yours for a couple of years now...how has it been? What advice do you have for pre-op patients? What are the pros and cons of having a lap band?

ttys!

:cursing:

What classes are you taking for banding. I've been to initial seminars but not any classes. I didn't know there were any available.

Hi :lol: You're very close! Yes my Banniversary was the 12th and the weightloss as been phenominal! The only ick factor I found was late night reflux, but i got that handled now. That and loose skin sux :cursing:

Feel free to contact me anytime... I haven't been able to meet up with Bandsters out this way and the support really helps.

xo

Desi

Did you have the reflux before the band and if so were you or are you on meds for it. I take Nexium and I have it now and my doctor told me that a bypass would correct it but thats not what I wanted.

What classes are you taking for banding. I've been to initial seminars but not any classes. I didn't know there were any available.

I didn't have to take classes but I have friends who had to take a nutrition class

Did you have the reflux before the band and if so were you or are you on meds for it. I take Nexium and I have it now and my doctor told me that a bypass would correct it but thats not what I wanted.

I had the WORST case of reflux it was awful :)

It was still bad after the band and totally only cleared up the last few weeks since i've been drinking Shakeology :)

I would love to meet YOU! I have a support group meet up every month and the next one is April 3r in Moreno Valley. Interested?

These classes are required by Kaiser Permanente...they're called 'Options' classes and are required to be taken in order to even be considered for any bariatric surgery. There isn't even a guarantee that I'll be approved for the surgery yet, but I already have pre-existing medical conditions and my BMI is high for my height.

We meet 1x a week for 12 wks. and are being taught the ABCs of how/what to eat after sugery, exercise and the pros/cons of ea. surgery. There is also a psychiatrist that speaks and helps us figure out our emotional and environmental hindrances to weight loss. We are also expected to lose 10% of our first weight they've recorded, but I've only lost about less than 5% of it so far. This coming Tues. will be my 8th week, so 4 more to go...:)

Oh, and Kaiser decided to make these classes mandatory b/c they've had previous patients who've had surgery and then regain all the weight back!!

So they obviously saw a need to educate those thinking and wanting to get the surgery...

Edited by cmelosew8
forgot to add additional info...

It was still bad after the band and totally only cleared up the last few weeks since i've been drinking Shakeology :sad:

I would love to meet YOU! I have a support group meet up every month and the next one is April 3r in Moreno Valley. Interested?

Hey Desiree!

Where and when (time) is this support group going to meet on April 3rd??? I'm interested in attending...

And is it open to anyone or just those who've had the surgery?

:)

Yes, you are pretty quick. I've tried numerous diets and gone to the gym and walked a lot for years and I was only getting bigger every year. I am also starting to have health issues (high bp, acid reflux) and I'd never considered any weight loss surgeries until I saw a co-worker last year who had lost 60 lbs in a year and she mentioned the LAP-BAND®, which I had never heard of and became intensely interested and researched and liked the fact that it was minimally invasive. I was very excited and waited over 4 months after seeing quite a few doctors at UCSD for an approval then BC turned them down, and referred me to Scripps, who got approval in a week. I'm just ready to get it over with and get on with it. I hear so many different requirements from the various doctors. I was preparing myself for the 2 week before liquids and 2-3 weeks after Clear Liquids but now this doctor says 1 Meal Replacement with a Protein drink and no liquid diet until after surgery for 4 weeks and nothing thicker than split pea Soup. I have been referred to the realize band website for my support. My doctor only uses the realize band.

When is your procedure?

I don't have a surgery date...after the 'Options' class, I have to meet with a group of doctors who will then analyze my health record and see whether or not bariatric surgery is for me. I'm actually scared that they will not approve and I'll have gone to those classes for nothing! They say the avg. wait for a person who has gone to the classes and gets approval is somewhere between 3-4 months after...so we shall see!

As for the liquids, I watch this lapbander on Youtube and her YT name is: bandedwendy

She has A LOT of helpful info about everything!!! She pretty much makes a video almost every week about her lap band progress...I highly recommend you watch her...btw, she's also my inspiration!!! Another person to watch on YT is : skymoon1982...she had the lap band over a year ago....

They are very inspirational ladies, IMO...:)

It was still bad after the band and totally only cleared up the last few weeks since i've been drinking Shakeology :)

What time is your meeting on April 3. I only have afternoon available until 3:30.

What time is your meeting on April 3. I only have afternoon available until 3:30.

and what is shakeology?

I don't have a surgery date...after the 'Options' class, I have to meet with a group of doctors who will then analyze my health record and see whether or not bariatric surgery is for me. I'm actually scared that they will not approve and I'll have gone to those classes for nothing! They say the avg. wait for a person who has gone to the classes and gets approval is somewhere between 3-4 months after...so we shall see!

As for the liquids, I watch this lapbander on Youtube and her YT name is: bandedwendy

She has A LOT of helpful info about everything!!! She pretty much makes a video almost every week about her lap band progress...I highly recommend you watch her...btw, she's also my inspiration!!! Another person to watch on YT is : skymoon1982...she had the lap band over a year ago....

They are very inspirational ladies, IMO...:)

I will check those two ladies out on you tube. Who is doing your band? I'm trying to figure out other things to drink in my liquid diet other than the Protein drink. It looks like most Soup bases and bouillon is loaded with sodium. They said they would give me the info the day before surgery during pre-op.

Anyone banded by Dr. Madan my insurance requires me to go to a center of expertise and he's the one that deals with that out of marina del ray hospital when dealing with 1800 get thin. I have heard ALOT of good things about him but a few more wouldn't hurt . It's lookin around July august for me. And has any one had insurance (anthem blue cross) pay 100% ? beautifull. Murrieta,ca

OK so I see that its been quite awhile since anyone posted on this. :( I live in Murrieta and was banded on Aug 17,2011. My doc is all the way in Orange and I really am wanting to find some support locally but nothings out there :unsure: .

I am 31 and mommy of 3 small children. Does anyone know of support groups that maybe I just dont know about around town?

Hello, I posted on another support group thread -- I am in Murrieta, LB surgery date is 11/14/11. I saw someone here who said she does a support group, but that was in 2010. Is it still active?

I live in Menifee and will be banded in early April. Is this thread still active?