Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone With Lap Band In Temecula

I am in Murrieta and hoping to get my band in the next month or so.

I am still deciding. Due to cost I am leaning toward Dr. Aceves in Mexico or Dr. Kirshenbaum in Colorado.

Hello,

I live in Murrieta and just got my Band Feb 11th. By Dr. Krahn in San Bernadino. So far so good. No pain A little sleep deprived and sore but walking around the neighborhood and contemplating returning to work Monday. liquid diet is tough but the band make you feel full even though currently it's not adjusted at all. This Forum is helpfull for all my thoughts and concerns and I'll be checking in often. Good luck. Follow your MD's instructions.

hi I will be finding out tuesday my surgery date , my husband is going to take a week off work to help with the kids, do you think a week is enough time. thanks

Until today I would have said yes. Today I over did it and I'm sore and stiff near the port site. I think I'll relax all day tomorrow. I'm just getting to a week out of surgery. Everybody told me I'd be down a week to two weeks before feeling physically ok but now I see it's easy to overdo it. If you can talk Hubby into Daddy Daycare Duty for two weeks it's probably more realistic.

I hope you feal better,Iam going to see if he can take two weeks off,can you drive after 1 week, Iam not sure if his boss will let him have two weeks off in a row thank you

RMorgan,

What's the status of your banding process? I also was thinking about a Mexico Lap Band, but my health insurance came through and paid for most of it.

my ins is paying for it,I have my frist appt with my surgern on tuesday , I am going to see Dr,oliak in orange , when is your frist appt with your DR,and what city is he in?

RMorgan,

What's the status of your banding process? I also was thinking about a Mexico Lap Band, but my health insurance came through and paid for most of it.

MCP,

I have decided to go to Denver, Colorado to have my surgery with Dr. Kirshenbaum. His price is just a little more than Mexico but worth the extra money for my families peace of mind. It is also easier to find doctors close to home who are willing to do fills. Surgery is scheduled for March 25th! I go from feeling "ready" to being scared to doubting if I'm doing the right thing to being excited and ready again. I'm sure this is normal stuff. I should check with Dr. Krahn and see how much he charges for fills. Do you attend a support group? I would love to find one that meets monthly that I can attend.

hi I will be finding out tuesday my surgery date , my husband is going to take a week off work to help with the kids, do you think a week is enough time. thanks

Siemers,

Did you find out your surgery date? Mine is March 25th in Denver.

I been having the same doubts,butt I think this will work, my surgery is march 17 ,I need to lose 10lbs before my surgery date .I dont know of any support groups in temecula , maybe we should start one .keep me posted how your surgery gos best of luck,

Guys and Gals,

Glad to hear you both got your surgery dates and are on your way. I just had my stitches removed today and I've lost 16.5 pounds so far! My MD, Dr Krahn does have a support group every 3rd Tuesday of the month. The problem is He's located in San Bernadino, not a very geographially desireable location for us. I like this web site to view the issues I'm thinking about and how others are handling their banding. I always felt the fear issue towards the banding was minor compared to living with this weight and all of it's health issues. I am/was pre-diabetic, have High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol and am sick of worrying about what I might develop next. I also needed a real answer to yo-yo dieting. This to me seems like a real answer to some of my weight issues.

Anyway keep in touch keep dieting and stay positive.

MCP

Hi all!! I also have Dr. Kraun!!! i have as of yet to get a date for banding though. Your the first person I've seen with the same Dr.!!! I'd love to pick your brain for info:wink_smile: