Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone With Lap Band In Temecula

Hello,

I am in Wildomar and did have the the band done by Dr. Oliak. I have not been to any support meetings. I really like Allison in his office, she is great.

Shaun

Hello,

I am in Wildomar and did have the the band done by Dr. Oliak. I have not been to any support meetings. I really like Allison in his office, she is great.

Shaun

How did you like Dr Oliak? I know someone who has just set up a consult with him.

HappyHomeCC,

I liked him enough to pick him for the surgery. I asked some tough questions and asked for a bunch of research data which they gave it to me. On a very personal level, I think he seems a bit detached sometimes, but I grilled him quite a bit and he knows his stuff. To me the more important thing is I trusted his skills and expertise. His team, whom you will spend more time with than him are very helpful and personable.

I am a very tough patient on doctors, I ask a lot of questions and expect them to be smart...they all passed my tests. I guess as a final endorsement point is, as a "self pay" bander, I could go just about anywhere I wanted and I paid an extra $3K vs. my second choice because I felt he and his team was the most competent. It also included all the the post-op programs and fills for 18 months.

I think you got you consult and psych eval about the time I did at UCSD but my insurance turned them down last month and sent me to Scripps who approved it in a week. Their support group focuses on the bypass and I've signed up for the realize site. Did you use that site? Its fantastic you've lost so much in such a short time.

I think you got you consult and psych eval about the time I did at UCSD but my insurance turned them down last month and sent me to Scripps who approved it in a week. Their support group focuses on the bypass and I've signed up for the realize site. Did you use that site? Its fantastic you've lost so much in such a short time.

I started losing in Mid August, that is why it is so much. Never the less I am closer to my goal.

I did use the realize site for a while. I liked that one better than the lapband site. but because I have the lapband I was not confirmed by my doc on realize so the resources are limited. I use my daily plate @ Livestrong.com to track my food calculate weight goals, track my weight... calculate my walking routes and such. I like it a lot. I am just using the free version.

That is great you got approved.... bummer not by UCSD but Scripps is really good too.

HappyHomeCC,

I liked him enough to pick him for the surgery. I asked some tough questions and asked for a bunch of research data which they gave it to me. On a very personal level, I think he seems a bit detached sometimes, but I grilled him quite a bit and he knows his stuff. To me the more important thing is I trusted his skills and expertise. His team, whom you will spend more time with than him are very helpful and personable.

I am a very tough patient on doctors, I ask a lot of questions and expect them to be smart...they all passed my tests. I guess as a final endorsement point is, as a "self pay" bander, I could go just about anywhere I wanted and I paid an extra $3K vs. my second choice because I felt he and his team was the most competent. It also included all the the post-op programs and fills for 18 months.

I am glad you feel he is a good surgeon. That is great my friend found someone who will do right by her. Now she has to put forth the work and follow the plan to be successful

Thanks for the site. How did you get through the liquid diet. Mine doesn't start until after surgery but I'm doing a Meal Replacement Protein Drink and want to start getting used to it now. He said nothing thicker than split pea Soup. I believe yours started 2 weeks before surgery, right?

I'm pre-op in Temecula and scheduled for 4/6 down at Scripps. How are things going with your LAP-BAND® and are there any support groups in our area?

Hi Faylee...

I guess I'm considered pre-op and I live in Perris. Right , I'm taking classes through Kaiser Riverside.

Anyhow, I was looking for lap-banders locally. Are you excited about your surgery coming up soon? And what made you decide to get the lap band versus the other bariatric procedures? Just curious and I like hearing what others have to say about it...

well, take care and good luck!

:cursing:

I live in Moreno Valley, but work in Temecula and would love to meet up with fellow bandsters.

Hi Desiree!

I live pretty close to you!! I'm here in Perris...it would be great to meet other lap banders...I haven't officially gotten 'banded' yet, but I'm taking the required classes in order to get it.

I see you've had yours for a couple of years now...how has it been? What advice do you have for pre-op patients? What are the pros and cons of having a lap band?

ttys!

Hi Desiree!

I live pretty close to you!! I'm here in Perris...it would be great to meet other lap banders...I haven't officially gotten 'banded' yet, but I'm taking the required classes in order to get it.

I see you've had yours for a couple of years now...how has it been? What advice do you have for pre-op patients? What are the pros and cons of having a LAP-BAND®?

ttys!

Hi :) You're very close! Yes my Banniversary was the 12th and the weightloss as been phenominal! The only ick factor I found was late night reflux, but i got that handled now. That and loose skin sux :lol:

Feel free to contact me anytime... I haven't been able to meet up with Bandsters out this way and the support really helps.

xo

Desi

I live in Moreno Valley, but work in Temecula and would love to meet up with fellow bandsters.

I will be banded on 4/6. How was your experience and how has the band been for you?

I will be banded on 4/6. How was your experience and how has the band been for you?

I would also like to meet up with fellow bandsters.

Hi Faylee...

I guess I'm considered pre-op and I live in Perris. Right , I'm taking classes through Kaiser Riverside.

Anyhow, I was looking for lap-banders locally. Are you excited about your surgery coming up soon? And what made you decide to get the lap band versus the other bariatric procedures? Just curious and I like hearing what others have to say about it...

well, take care and good luck!

Yes, you are pretty quick. I've tried numerous diets and gone to the gym and walked a lot for years and I was only getting bigger every year. I am also starting to have health issues (high bp, acid reflux) and I'd never considered any weight loss surgeries until I saw a co-worker last year who had lost 60 lbs in a year and she mentioned the lap band, which I had never heard of and became intensely interested and researched and liked the fact that it was minimally invasive. I was very excited and waited over 4 months after seeing quite a few doctors at UCSD for an approval then BC turned them down, and referred me to Scripps, who got approval in a week. I'm just ready to get it over with and get on with it. I hear so many different requirements from the various doctors. I was preparing myself for the 2 week before liquids and 2-3 weeks after Clear Liquids but now this doctor says 1 Meal Replacement with a Protein drink and no liquid diet until after surgery for 4 weeks and nothing thicker than split pea Soup. I have been referred to the realize band website for my support. My doctor only uses the realize band.

When is your procedure?

Yes, you are pretty quick. I've tried numerous diets and gone to the gym and walked a lot for years and I was only getting bigger every year. I am also starting to have health issues (high bp, acid reflux) and I'd never considered any weight loss surgeries until I saw a co-worker last year who had lost 60 lbs in a year and she mentioned the lap band, which I had never heard of and became intensely interested and researched and liked the fact that it was minimally invasive. I was very excited and waited over 4 months after seeing quite a few doctors at UCSD for an approval then BC turned them down, and referred me to Scripps, who got approval in a week. I'm just ready to get it over with and get on with it. I hear so many different requirements from the various doctors. I was preparing myself for the 2 week before liquids and 2-3 weeks after Clear Liquids but now this doctor says 1 meal replacement with a Protein drink and no liquid diet until after surgery for 4 weeks and nothing thicker than split pea Soup. I have been referred to the realize band website for my support. My doctor only uses the realize band.

When is your procedure?

correction. You are pretty close to Temecula.