Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LBT Official Cookbook?

Here's an idea I've been throwing around in my head.

What if we all contributed our favorite recipes, and then I typed them up into a cookbook. Then I could have them printed and bound and we'd each have one (you'd just pay the cost of printing/binding/shipping, I'm not out to make money, just compile your recipes :cursing:).

I've done this with a couple of my other internet groups, and I ADORE those books! It's great to have a book with recipes that you know people have tried and enjoyed, not just crap people made up to fill a book, kwim?

They wouldn't be anything fancy by any stretch of the imagination, just your typical fundraiser cookbooks, paper with a plastic binding.

If there's enough interest, I'll start another thread with the details. If not, I'll go back to my cave. :lol:

OH YES!! that would be awesome!!

Yes, I will pay my share of the cost. Love this!

I think your idea is wonderful! It would be so helpful if there was just a section on Protein drinks andsoft foods. Those of us not banded yet cuold really use something like that! I don't have a single recipe to contribute, but I would like the book!!

Mary :tongue:

Let us know when it is ready and where to send a check to receive a cook book.

I would love a copy of the cookbook too! I will email at least three recipes this weekend.

Thank you for coordinating this idea!

shelli:cool:

I haven't been banded yet but hope to be so shortly!!! I'd LOVE to have a cookbook. Let us know when it is ready. I'd buy one for sure! What a GREAT idea!

I hope it will be an actual cook book, and not something we have to down load. I would rather pay for the cook book and the shipping than have to print it out and just have a lot of sheets stapled together.

I need to go back and read this entire thread. I can't remember how it's going to be done, but I do want one.

Angie, There is a CD out called Aunt Matilda's how to do a cookbook. It is really good it shows and formats the cookbook. I am starting a family cookbook. Recipies from my Aunts, Grandmother, and myself. Here is the address The Cookbook People 3607 Yates St. Boise Idaho 83703 I believe the CD is $24.95 or $29.95.

I would love to have there be helpful info in there about the usual protocals for newly banded and for when you have a fill as well.

and what the usual person in the sweet zone should be eating to obtain a steady weight loss. then how to boost that loss when you start to feel stalled . these would be helpful things to have in print to be able to re read when you need motivation. I have been looking for a book to read on the subject and there is not one out there not that I have found only for the gastric bypass people and we really are diffrent than what is discribed in that.

My sister and I had just been talking on the phone today about writing a book like that. lol and then here I find you alll talking about it.

I have been banded over a year and am feeling very down and impatient right now about my progress and was just searching and found this site today . I have lost about 40 lbs but still weight 254 and have been on a platau for about three months. I am thnking I need a fill as I can eat almost anything with out a problem. I have an insurance issue I am trying to get straight first. I have never had any real support from my DR and have not been able to go to any meetings or have any nutrition consults except before hand so feel maybe I could have been doing more to help myself so I feel guilty for not loosing more. But the real problem is head hunger and that I just love to eat.

where do I send the recipies I have to? and are they being posted here somewhere? I am pretty new to bloging sorry for the dumb questions. Looking forward to the cook book and would love to help with it. Hugs gail:thumbup: